Gearing up my disc priest - need advice

Hello fellow posters,

I have recently fell in love with my disc priest - got her up to 80 and ran heroics like mad to gear her up. Right now I'm aiming only for PUG raiding (no time anymore to be hardcore like in TBC) and mainly 10 man content.

My question is: what flask/elixirs should I use for raids like TotC?

Right now my non-buffed stats are:
    HP: 17.5k
    MP: 25k

Healing: 2100
    Holy crit: 29%
    Haste: 495 (just noticed in the other thread that it's waaay too high, funny thing is I have no gems for haste at all - it all comes from gear)
    Mp5: 547 / 304

Should I go for Distilled Wisdom? Or stick with the Frost Wyrm? Or maybe something else? I'm confuzzled as some people say int > all, others say SP > all...

Thanks for your help

edit: I'm an alchemist and a tailor.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Gearing up my disc priest - need advice

A rule I've found useful is: Stack intellect until you don't feel yourself going OOM anymore, then stack SP. In saying this, it was around your point of gear that I noticed myself never OOMing anymore, so I started stacking SP. So I use +SP flasks, +SP gems. You can only really run a test raid and see how you go, then aim for stats accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by baal80

Haste: 495 (just noticed in the other thread that it's waaay too high)
    Opinion, some get their haste to 700+ so they can replace Flash Heal with Greater Heal, your haste choice comes down to your play style. Mine is 660~ and I'm trying to push it up without gemming.

I'd say use Frost Wyrm, throughput ftw. Early on as a Disc Priest you are probably stacking Intellect (like Sarcasm said) and then when you feel comfortable with your mana management, swap to Spell Power. I now have 27.8k mana and 3350 SP instead of my old 31k mana and 2800 SP~. It's just a matter of feeling your way through.

Try to have 33.600 Mana raid buffed, that way ur rapture gives u more mana back then that a shield cost, so that means u can cast a shield every 12 sec on someone who deffinitly get hits (tank or melee depends on encounter) wich gives u more mana back (read free)

I would even go to say that's a little too high, Headpriest. There's nothing wrong with having your spells cost mana. Even your main spell having a net loss after Rapture isn't that bad. If you can run an encounter without even needing your Shadowfiend? You have too much mana. Waaaay too much. And your thoroughput may be lacking, because of it.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Headpriest
    Try to have 33.600 Mana raid buffed, that way ur rapture gives u more mana back then that a shield cost, so that means u can cast a shield every 12 sec on someone who deffinitly get hits (tank or melee depends on encounter) wich gives u more mana back (read free)
    in my calculations that's going too far.
    a shield costs 666 or 667 mana with mental agility and soul warding, not sure about the rounding. 33600 mana would give you a 840 mana returned when the effect is consumed or 672 mana if cast on yourself when that 12 second cooldown is up.
    if you then consider yourself to have a 1 second gcd (having it slower makes you "more wrong") that in which you cannot cast anything else you will regain 67.2 mana from replenishment alone, totally disregarding your spiritregen and mp5 from gear (since it isn't something dpriests tend to focus on), in that gcd.

since all fights post ulduar are designed around having the replenishment buff I feel confident in assuming it will be there.