Nothing beats a regular 2 hour straight 100% Super Metroid run, it just never gets old for me
LoL, I remember this from the 80's.Originally Posted by Warwithin
Lizardman ftw, eat those residents and smash those soldiers!
Also, Ikari Warriors... or Mercs!
I had MGS1 on Jap import.Originally Posted by superleon
I tell you, made certain interactive third-wall breaking parts of the game very time consuming, lol.
The voice acting was pro compared to the US release.
not the first rts. but the first one that anyone remembers
and i played total annihalation for ages
Awesome game, loved the first level's music.Originally Posted by Sukaduk
Had it on a Capcom Generations compilation on the PSX, until it got stolen at Uni.
FYI you can pick up N64's with a bunch of games for about £50.00 on Ebay... just lost an NTSC version at the weekend :/
http://www.scummvm.org/ enjoy!Originally Posted by Qieth
Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA
gee thx Brox...
Retro games are the best kind of games. Modern ones have nothing on those old ones.
Among games I play every now and then are:
- All Mario games in the Super Mario All-stars pack for the NES. They never get old.
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island on the SNES. Doesn't get much better than this.
- Various Kirby games on the SNES.
- Various Sonic Games on the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis. I own this Sega and am frickin' proud of it. I've never ever seen anybody else have one since the N64 came out.
- Kid Chameleon on the same Sega. I swear this one was easier when I was young.
- Transport Tycoon Deluxe (Although now in the form of OpenTTD obviously.) The reason I still love this one is probably nostalgia alone, but it's still an awesome game.
- Pokémon games for the various GameBoys. These I mostly emulate though, for the fast forward.
- Diablo II obviously.
- GoldenEye and Perfect Dark every blue moon.
- And lastly of course most of the Zelda games, including The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.
I've probably forgotten a few, but these are most of the retro games I play for the nostalgia feeling.
Well excuuuse me, Princess.
You are now breathing manually.
Aside from the obvious mainstream titles, I've been hankering to play a bunch of N64 games: Bomberman 64 and Chameleon Twist and... Quest 64.. and... Turok.. and... Mischief Makers.
Edit: Mystical Ninja too.
Started playing Sonic and Knuckles again the other day.
And got myself a Model2 emulator and got Top Skater running...I used to play that game so much back in the arcade.
Now I want to go play Donkey Kong Country 2 :'(
After having that game since release I still can't beat it, haha.Originally Posted by Sien
I have a new addition I downloaded recently: megaman nine, all the eight bit goodness of the original, and just as hard as the originals were; hinging on impossible
http://www.mmo-champion.com/character-bios/'almega'-nara-draconus/ - my RP characterHow much bone could a bonestorm storm if a bonestorm could BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!
Allow me to shamelessly plug in Command and Conquer 95, one really old game that turned freeware six or so years ago.
Originally Posted by Respen
Where are you getting stuck?Originally Posted by Fcpremix
I play through the original NES Zelda at least once a year. It never gets old.
Deus Ex, Giants: citizen kabuto, Grim Fandango, Final Fantasy VIII, Shogo:MAD are a few of mine. Speaking of which......
Still hooked on Rome/Medieval Total War.
epic games you choseOriginally Posted by Almega