Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Nastolgia attacks: Older games you still love to play?

I believe my first game was a game was a old 1996 DOS Fighter Games (Jane's Combat Simulations: Advanced Tactical Fighters), where you could create your own missions, I got really clever with it, and kinda wish it would've been remade.

Deleted

i particularly enjoy Freelancer, an open world, free roaming space opera. it is a bit like GTA in outer space (with the change that you never leave your vehicle to fight, but can fight with your vehicle).

My all time favorite http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castlev...y_of_the_night

it never gets old ..... speedrunning this baby for more than 10 years and managed to do 40mins till dracula inverted castle encounter :P

I'm surprised that no one has said Star Fox yet. Going through that game never gets old!

The Neverhood!!, Need for Speed 2, ice climbers!!,freelancer if i still had it , Pop:WW!!!!!
    Alma, alma, piros alma, ha nem ízlik harapj szarba
    Széna, szalma, köpönyeg, nyálazd meg a tökömet
    Ak engem baszogat, vegye be a faszomat!

Irnlord, biggest troll on Terenas EU - Horde.

I've got a few old games that I really love playing, although I only tend to play them from time to time; like once a week or so;

-Lost Vikings
    -Super Mario Bros 2-3
    -Pacman(the original)
    -Heroes of Might and Magic III
    -Lord of the Rings - Battle For Middle-Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Melarix
    I'm surprised that no one has said Star Fox yet. Going through that game never gets old!
    I'd love to play this game again, sadly I haven't been able to find it anywhere

(This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Half life 1

Quote Originally Posted by podmonkey
    Deus Ex, Giants: citizen kabuto, Grim Fandango, Final Fantasy VIII, Shogo:MAD are a few of mine. Speaking of which......
    haha, i was just playing Giants last week as well. I still love that game, and all it's randomness.

Other games i go back and play;
    Rune
    KotOR & KotOR II
    Jedi Knight, Jedi Knight: Acadamey
    Battlefield 1942
    Hitman 2, Hitman Contracts, Hitman Blood Money
    Warcraft III (I have the older ones too, but their graphics are a letdown after playing III for so long)
    Diablo II (Hacked my resolution to 1680x1050, the game is new and alive.)
    Half Life, Half Life 2, Counter Strike, CS Source
    Quake III (A lan party favorite for my friends and i)
    Tomb Raider (anything)
    And i pretty much have every old school Nintendo game available on an emulator.

For anyone with a widescreen monitor, who hates playing these old games stretched or "boxed", i highly recommend this website; http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/ to find out more about changing your config files to widescreen resolutions. They've even helped me launch a few games that seemed to hate multi-core cpu's.

Pretty much every game i've listed, i can now play widescreen. (If it doesn't have native resolution as an option)

Pokemon
    Harvest Moon
    Zelda-All of them
    and Final fantasy 9
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Play Legacy of Kain:Blood omen this game is a legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistered
    Play Legacy of Kain:Blood omen this game is a legend
    I have every LoK universe game except blood omen, I need to hunt it down one of these days
    How much bone could a bonestorm storm if a bonestorm could BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/character-bios/'almega'-nara-draconus/ - my RP character

i can and do play Final Fantasy 7 and Fallout 2 over and over and over and over and over again

The biggest nostalgia game for me is Super Mario Bros. 3. I played it with my brothers and sister as a kid, and we really had a lot of fun... although the ice level was always hell.

The only games I own that I can play through for nostalgia are Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Kingdom Hearts. Anything else is newer and doesn't really have that same feeling when I replay it.

I also have a thing for the old Mega Man games, though I don't own any, and I don't think I've ever actually beaten a level on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezar
    Diablo2, Super Marios, Mega Mans, Sonics, Golden Axe and so on and so forth. I play tons of older games on different platforms, just had a go for Boulderdash on C64 ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Bllets
    How can you forget Dune 2 and Descent? :

I play so many old games all the time it's gonna take me forever to list them. But that's what you get from being a active gamer since 1994 (NES <3)
    OMG yes! D2, Golden Axe, Dune 2, Raptor, Doom 1 and 2, Duke Nukem (all of them), Commander Keen, Jazz Jack rabbit, Lemmings, Warcraft 1 and 2, Red Alert 1 and many other games including Mother Goose Fairy tail land. Oh and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

Dungeon Keeper II

Theme Hospital

Streets of Rage

How did i forget Mechwarrior?

I started playing Dune 2 again the other day

Earthbound

Chrono Trigger

Planescape: Torment

my 3 big ones i find myself playing through very often

I grew up in the commodore 64/128 era and about once a year i get an itch that only a game of M.U.L.E. can scratch.

The second best puzzle game ever (after tetris) "the castles of dr creep" calls to me from the abandonware graveyard with about the same frequency.

I still have my old sega genesis just to make sure i always have access to "general chaos" ,and "star control"

and my old playstation gathers dust so i can get "jet moto" and "vigilante 8" fixes as need be