1. #1

    computers good vs expensive?

    hey im a student and i aint really one of the riches im looking for a good computer that aint that expensive if any could find me some good examples which you would prefer to buy as a real gamer, for not that much money. pls put up a link here, i would love it if it could be on danish websites but others are welcome too, just aslong time as i can get it send to Denmark
    Death Knights never fell to Arthas. We are the once to make him fall!

  2. #2

    Re: computers good vs expensive?

    Heya. It's quite hard to define what you are looking for without a fixed price range and a fixed definition. It really depends what you want from your computer. I'm guessing you want to play Wow and be able to run the latest games smoothly, so pretty much any new computer will be able to "handle" it. If you want something a little more powerful, allowing you to play on maximum graphics and what not your going to have to pay a bit more. However in your dilemma I can't really pinpoint a computer to suite your needs, but I think listing your price bracket and needs from the PC would help :P

    Another thing to do is just browse around some stores and see something you like and then do some research and compare it to similar price ranging computers.

    Crazy
    Lemon Juice

  3. #3

    Re: computers good vs expensive?

    If you give us a budget to work with, we could at least recommend something what's best you can get for that budget.

    I don't really know any Danish computer stores either, so if you know any yourself can you give a link to it, since it's always gonna be better to at least order your pc from your own country.

  4. #4

    Re: computers good vs expensive?

    well yes i searches a good gamer comp, atm im sitting at my school laptop with like 10fps in wow. i would be happy to get like 40+ for around 1.300 euro / 10.000 danish krones
    Death Knights never fell to Arthas. We are the once to make him fall!

  5. #5

    Re: computers good vs expensive?

    Let me piggyback on this topic by asking for some personal experiences of people who bought cheap computers. I'm currently running a 4 year old dinosaur of a comp with 1 meg of ram and an nVidia geforce 6200 video card. Through various workarounds and tricks I've managed to get WoW to run at a smooth 60fps when soloing, but that radically drops in Dal or in raids. I just have to deal with the game looking ugly as sin and using next to no addons.

    I want to know if I could get a comp that can run WoW on max settings in 25 man raids for the 600-700 dollar range. Maybe it would be more economical to build my own? Any ideas?
    DERP DA DERP

  6. #6

    Re: computers good vs expensive?

    i you are from denmark then go to www.komplett.dk

    there you will find what you are seeking
    Intel i5 2500K: Asus Masimux IV Extreme: Palit GTX 680 Jetstream: Chieftec Nitro Series 1200W:Corsair H-100 Hydro:
    8Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz CL8: Crucial M4 128Gb+256Gb: Creative Sound Blaster Z: Corsair Obsidian 800D: Plextor PX-880SA

  7. #7

    Re: computers good vs expensive?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueman
    Let me piggyback on this topic by asking for some personal experiences of people who bought cheap computers. I'm currently running a 4 year old dinosaur of a comp with 1 meg of ram and an nVidia geforce 6200 video card. Through various workarounds and tricks I've managed to get WoW to run at a smooth 60fps when soloing, but that radically drops in Dal or in raids. I just have to deal with the game looking ugly as sin and using next to no addons.

    I want to know if I could get a comp that can run WoW on max settings in 25 man raids for the 600-700 dollar range. Maybe it would be more economical to build my own? Any ideas?
    If you are comfortable with building your own rig, i would go like this:

    AMD Athlon II X3 435

    MSI 770-C45

    4GB G.Skill 1333MHz CL7

    HD 5770

    be quiet Pure Power 430W

    Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB

    LG GH22

    Xigmatek Asgard
    Which would be around 450€ in Germany, equals to about 630$.

  8. #8

    Re: computers good vs expensive?

    Quote Originally Posted by klieren
    well yes i searches a good gamer comp, atm im sitting at my school laptop with like 10fps in wow. i would be happy to get like 40+ for around 1.300 euro / 10.000 danish krones
    No need to pay 1.300 bucks when you are low on money. You get good comps for a lot less. For example:

    Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition (125W)
    Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P
    4GB G.Skill 1333MHz CL7
    HD 5850
    Cooler Master Silent Pro 500W (KM)
    Western Digital Caviar Blue 640GB
    LG GH22
    Cooler Master Centurion 534
    Which would be around 700€.

    If you really want to spend 1.300€ you can get a i7, a SSD and a better graphic card

    Core i7-860 Boxed
    MSI P55-CD53
    4GB G.Skill 1333MHz CL7
    HD 5870
    Cooler Master Silent Pro 500W (KM)
    Intel X25-M G2 Postville 80GB (SSD)
    Western Digital Caviar Green 640GB
    LG GH22
    Cooler Master CM 690
    (~1000€)

  9. #9
    Moderator Cilraaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    9,040

    Re: computers good vs expensive?

    Regarding doc_pepper's ~1000€ build above...

    I wouldn't spend that much on a build and get the i7 860. If you're already in that price range, I'd shell out a few more bucks for the i7 920.

  10. #10

    Re: computers good vs expensive?

    Hey matey! Im from Denmark as well and I would strongly suggest that you go check out www.topdata.dk.

    I bougth mine a few years ago and dual core(2x2.66mhz) with 8gb ram, 500gb hard drive and 1gb GeForce graphics card for only 6.700kr this also included vista. the price is around 3000kr now, and possible to get much better for a few more coins hope it helped.

  11. #11

    Re: computers good vs expensive?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    Regarding doc_pepper's ~1000€ build above...

    I wouldn't spend that much on a build and get the i7 860. If you're already in that price range, I'd shell out a few more bucks for the i7 920.
    no no no and no......... DO not get a i7 920. the i7 860 is faster then the 920 in almost every bencmark test

    look here http://hwt.dk/literaturedetails.aspx?LiteratureID=14464
    Intel i5 2500K: Asus Masimux IV Extreme: Palit GTX 680 Jetstream: Chieftec Nitro Series 1200W:Corsair H-100 Hydro:
    8Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz CL8: Crucial M4 128Gb+256Gb: Creative Sound Blaster Z: Corsair Obsidian 800D: Plextor PX-880SA

  12. #12
    Moderator Cilraaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    9,040

    Re: computers good vs expensive?

    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald
    no no no and no......... DO not get a i7 920. the i7 860 is faster then the 920 in almost every bencmark test

    look here http://hwt.dk/literaturedetails.aspx?LiteratureID=14464
    You're assuming stock speeds. There's no reason to get an i7 920 and not overclock it.

  13. #13

    Re: computers good vs expensive?

    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald
    no no no and no......... DO not get a i7 920. the i7 860 is faster then the 920 in almost every bencmark test

    look here http://hwt.dk/literaturedetails.aspx?LiteratureID=14464
    The Core i7 920 is better as far as I know. The 920 also supports motherboards that support Trippe channel memory, while the 860 has a different socket and doesn't support triple channel memory. While in most tests the 860 is better, I think the 920 has quite some advantages. (Also, you can easily OC the 920 to 3 or even 3.6Ghz (possibly even 4Ghz), and then it'll demolish the 860 :>

    Kami - Guild Wars 2 Elementalist - Desolation EU
    <Obey Gaming> - https://obeygaming.com/

  14. #14

    Re: computers good vs expensive?

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicaly
    The Core i7 920 is better as far as I know. The 920 also supports motherboards that support Trippe channel memory, while the 860 has a different socket and doesn't support triple channel memory. While in most tests the 860 is better, I think the 920 has quite some advantages. (Also, you can easily OC the 920 to 3 or even 3.6Ghz (possibly even 4Ghz), and then it'll demolish the 860 :>
    the 860 is faster because it has torbo boost, wich the 920 dosn`t have.

    you can easely oc the 860 to 4,0 ghz....... im doing it this weekend, with air cooling.

    my gf`s brother is running his at 4,5ghz on water cooling.

    about the trible channel ddr3......... tests has showen, that it is to little a gain, if you compare to the 860 turbo boost
    Intel i5 2500K: Asus Masimux IV Extreme: Palit GTX 680 Jetstream: Chieftec Nitro Series 1200W:Corsair H-100 Hydro:
    8Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz CL8: Crucial M4 128Gb+256Gb: Creative Sound Blaster Z: Corsair Obsidian 800D: Plextor PX-880SA

  15. #15

    Re: computers good vs expensive?

    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald
    the 860 is faster because it has torbo boost, wich the 920 dosn`t have.

    you can easely oc the 860 to 4,0 ghz....... im doing it this weekend, with air cooling.

    my gf`s brother is running his at 4,5ghz on water cooling.

    about the trible channel ddr3......... tests has showen, that it is to little a gain, if you compare to the 860 turbo boost
    I've been googling though, and 85% of the posts I've read say the 920 is better
    Kami - Guild Wars 2 Elementalist - Desolation EU
    <Obey Gaming> - https://obeygaming.com/

  16. #16

    Re: computers good vs expensive?

    finaly i found the link for you

    take a look at this link http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...spx?i=3641&p=1

    the i7 860 wins in 90% of the test against the i7 920
    Intel i5 2500K: Asus Masimux IV Extreme: Palit GTX 680 Jetstream: Chieftec Nitro Series 1200W:Corsair H-100 Hydro:
    8Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz CL8: Crucial M4 128Gb+256Gb: Creative Sound Blaster Z: Corsair Obsidian 800D: Plextor PX-880SA

  17. #17

    Re: computers good vs expensive?

    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald
    finaly i found the link for you

    take a look at this link http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...spx?i=3641&p=1

    the i7 860 wins in 90% of the test against the i7 920
    That i7 920 isn't overclocked. if it was Oc'd to 3.6 ghz (or 3.2 for that matter) it would've had a lot better performance.
    Kami - Guild Wars 2 Elementalist - Desolation EU
    <Obey Gaming> - https://obeygaming.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •