Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So wait -- Now Shadow PVP is not only working, but it's OP?

Hey there, just wondering what the current state of Shadow PVP is in Arenas. I haven't done any sort of PVP in so long, and I was under the impression that Shadow in any sort of competative scenario is like banging your head against a wall.

Wondering if this is still the case, since now people are telling me that Shadow in arena is downright overpowered. Are people just talking out of their ass?

I do alot of BGs, and as far as I can tell, we still need A LOT of work in order to be truely viable.

Help?

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Re: So wait -- Now Shadow PVP is not only working, but it's OP?

It's not overpowered, people are just not used to having to try against a Shadow Priest.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

From my experience shadow is very good at bg's first in dmg/kb etc.Shadow was always viable for good players and with the recent buff the player range that can affort it became bigger,and also for the good ones shadow priest became very glad viable (it was before in certain combs and certainly it is now,in even more combs).
    Shatterplay ftw ;D

The change to resiliance is a nice bonus as well, since it stacks with the 15% damage reduction that Shadowform provides.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    It's not overpowered, people are just not used to having to try against a Shadow Priest.
    I feel like I've heard this argument used before...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    It's not overpowered, people are just not used to having to try against a Ret Paladin.
    IT'S LIKE I'M REALLY IN SEASON 6!

lets be realistic. shadow pvp is currently leaps and bounds above where it has been since BC, but it isnt even on the upper tier of pvp classes and it is in no feasible way overpowered. Unless your a hunter who gets jumped by a shadow priest , you have no reason to complain.

rogues , frost mages , 2 warlock specs , arms warriors , marks hunters , prot warriors and paladins , holy paladins , resto shamans , ele shamans , and a few others since im sick of typing them out are all on par or better off than shadow priests are. If fear were moved to a lower cooldown but only hit 3 targets , and horror was put back on a 1 minute cooldown and silence was lowered to 30 seconds, THEN we could be considered top tier. Right now quality shadow priests are smashing people and you are hearing the QQ come out of the woodwork, but that is all it is. Its just the same whining you will hear when any class gets a buff and goes out and rolls someone on a BG.

ele shamans are leaps and bounds above where shadow priests are in pvp right now and are continuing to receive buffs in every patch in recent memory.

Dot classes are going to be more dangerous with the new resilience change but people were doing enough burst to kill someone with 20% more hp already. I don't see this resil change as being as drastic as people think it will be. Blow up teams are still going to blow people up in a global. The lesser geared teams will struggle more but the top tier isn't going to see big changes.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Quote Originally Posted by jonish
    ele shamans are continuing to receive buffs in every patch in recent memory.
    I lol'd. That would be the case if your memory doesn't backtrack past 3.3.2

Shadow PvP is NOT OP.
    Its in a very good spot tho...
    It works okay in your average 3v3, but if you get a good comp, you can annihilate.

Resto Sham+Spriest+? ? ? = win Esp with casters that gain alot from heroism.

We still get locked down to easy and snared too much, but atleast we have some good damage and alot of survivability.

Shadow is without a doubt the strongest it has ever been, and at least in my opinion an OP spec. Blizzard, in their infinite wisdom, has decided to fix Shadow by buffing our damage. This however solves none of the underlying issues but rather just makes us into S5 equivalent Ret Pallys (damage and not much else).

While I am by no means a great PvP shadow priest I can say from my personal experience that after the haste buffs I went from playing in the 2200s to 2500+ overnight and that my damage is now ridiculous.

If you enjoy destroying ppl with damage shadow is probably your thing, however imo the fact that we now kill ppl before they have time to react has made the class incredibly boring to play.

P.S. I realise that there are many other OP classes in the game too, I am not trying to say that shadow has suddenly become the MOST overpowered class rather that it is now one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensclaw
    Shadow is without a doubt the strongest it has ever been, and at least in my opinion an OP spec. Blizzard, in their infinite wisdom, has decided to fix Shadow by buffing our damage. This however solves none of the underlying issues but rather just makes us into S5 equivalent Ret Pallys (damage and not much else).

While I am by no means a great PvP shadow priest I can say from my personal experience that after the haste buffs I went from playing in the 2200s to 2500+ overnight and that my damage is now ridiculous.

If you enjoy destroying ppl with damage shadow is probably your thing, however imo the fact that we now kill ppl before they have time to react has made the class incredibly boring to play.

P.S. I realise that there are many other OP classes in the game too, I am not trying to say that shadow has suddenly become the MOST overpowered class rather that it is now one of them.
    It's idiotic posts such as this that get the class nerfed instead of left alone or buffed , which it still needs to be. destro locks and ele shamans are putting out the same dps we do in 5 spells in 1 cast and 1 instant, have similar survivability and better utility. Stop over exaggerating it is really annoying to read ZOMG WERE OP when people playing warriors are running around doing more damage with MS.
    HTML Code:

The only reason for shadow not beeing viable in arena is cuzz we need alot of time to set up our dmg. Get all three dots up and then roll a MB->SW when one of them are ticking and forfill with a MF but it's no way you got time to do that agains good comps/teams

Deleted

Shad PvP is only really enjoyable and viable when you have top gear. It's the shit thing about Shadow PvP. But once you get the gear, your pretty unstoppable.

the only problem i have right now with shadow pvp is 2 things that have been a problem since pre BC. our CCs have too long of a cooldown and our mobility blows, thats it. If we could get 3 feet from a player and be able to cast a spell , we would be fine. Wether that space came from a CC or a freedom/speed increase remains to be seen but that is the remaining issue with Spriests in arena. We are in a much better place now than we have been since Vanilla when we could just roll people with pure dot damage, but we still need shorter CC cooldowns and fade to be a freedom , not a removal of a snare that gets instantly reapplied.
    HTML Code:

The only problem I have with shadow pvp is when my beast cleave has to face a shadow spell cleave.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

It's idiotic posts such as this that get the class nerfed instead of left alone or buffed , which it still needs to be. destro locks and ele shamans are putting out the same dps we do in 5 spells in 1 cast and 1 instant, have similar survivability and better utility. Stop over exaggerating it is really annoying to read ZOMG WERE OP when people playing warriors are running around doing more damage with MS.
    I don't see how anything I said was idiotic. I even admitted we're not the most OP class out there but if you think it is ok for our damage to be where it is (with optimal gear) then I don't know what to say. I play 3s with a destro lock in similar gear to me, I can tell you for a fact that my damage is (assuming one of us isn't completely locked down) almost always greater then hers, often by over 20%. It is, imo, not ok for a spriest to singlehandedly drop an unHOTed / unShielded player from 100% to 0 in a blanket silence.

the only problem i have right now with shadow pvp is 2 things that have been a problem since pre BC. our CCs have too long of a cooldown and our mobility blows, thats it. If we could get 3 feet from a player and be able to cast a spell , we would be fine. Wether that space came from a CC or a freedom/speed increase remains to be seen but that is the remaining issue with Spriests in arena. We are in a much better place now than we have been since Vanilla when we could just roll people with pure dot damage, but we still need shorter CC cooldowns and fade to be a freedom , not a removal of a snare that gets instantly reapplied.
    I actually agree with you here; I think shadow still has glaring issues, mobility being the main one. It's depressing that our main defense, mobility and mana regen ability is the same spell and that fade is situationally useful at best. However again I don't think the fact that we have issues should have been fixed by giving us outrageous damage.

While I am definately in a minority; I can tell you that I got alot more enjoyment out of shadow in S5/S6 where a kill would require perfect setups and fear -> MC -> silence chains to pull off as opposed to now where I silence a healer and someone dies.

I would gladly have my damage reverted if it would mean bringing some skill back into the class (and some more utility spells too would be nice).

shadow doesn't have enough control or CDs to ever be OP

they have the least burst of any dps spec and have to rock a high amount of resilience

they are capable now but only if people try to burn through them like they used to. main thing is that melee and plate wearers have been running around with pve gear and 400-600 resilience for a while and now, it hurts them. they can't burst through everything like they could

the healing debuff also affects VE healing so with this patch, spriests do less healing via damage

it's already a class that gets most of the crit from the gear, and not a ton of crit on pvp gear....the average player with 1k resilience reduces spriest crit by over 55%.....they basically have to rely on steady damage and survivability....

most people play against them with no strategy though and they pay for it now

15+ Year Old Account

You sure haven't played vanilla and the rest of your just made me throw my LCD outta the window .... almost.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Quote Originally Posted by Elothie
    From my experience shadow is very good at bg's first in dmg/kb etc.Shadow was always viable for good players and with the recent buff the player range that can affort it became bigger,and also for the good ones shadow priest became very glad viable (it was before in certain combs and certainly it is now,in even more combs).
    Shatterplay ftw ;D
    I challenge the red part of your post.

Shadow was grim until recently. Or you meant to tell me you were better than Beckon back then?

I don't see how anything I said was idiotic. I even admitted we're not the most OP class out there but if you think it is ok for our damage to be where it is (with optimal gear) then I don't know what to say. I play 3s with a destro lock in similar gear to me, I can tell you for a fact that my damage is (assuming one of us isn't completely locked down) almost always greater then hers, often by over 20%. It is, imo, not ok for a spriest to singlehandedly drop an unHOTed / unShielded player from 100% to 0 in a blanket silence.

I actually agree with you here; I think shadow still has glaring issues, mobility being the main one. It's depressing that our main defense, mobility and mana regen ability is the same spell and that fade is situationally useful at best. However again I don't think the fact that we have issues should have been fixed by giving us outrageous damage.

While I am definately in a minority; I can tell you that I got alot more enjoyment out of shadow in S5/S6 where a kill would require perfect setups and fear -> MC -> silence chains to pull off as opposed to now where I silence a healer and someone dies.

I would gladly have my damage reverted if it would mean bringing some skill back into the class (and some more utility spells too would be nice).
    100% to 0? In a blanket silence? ( 5 seconds? wtf is a blanket silence again?)
    Stop bullying players with blue gears?

Stop either 1) pretending to be a SP and have hidden goal of getting SP's nerfed or 2) stop stroking your 1inch epeen in public... it's um... well... giving people a logical dilemma between if they should pity or laugh at you.