The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

What Can I Expect?

I've got an 80 Healadin, and am considering levelling a Druid due to me recently gaining a lot more spare time.

So, obvious things aside, what should I expect? I levelled the Pally as Prot until Outland, and played as Holy from then onwards.

Ta in advance to any responses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Duke
    Hail to the King, Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye Heart GS View Post
    I remember a guy like you who used to go around forcing his beliefs on others. He started up a few camps in Germany back in the 40s and it didn't turn out well for him in the end.

Let this be a warning to you.

Re: What Can I Expect?

level in feral. Go boomkin at 40. Go feral at 80

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by G_A
    So, obvious things aside, what should I expect?
    Untill you reach level 20; a world of hurt.. from 20 onwards; priceless ^^

I think you'll really come to enjoy the unexpected differences between a druid and paladin, despite them both being hybrids

1-10 is boring but easy, you'll be caster form spamming wrath.
    10-20 you have bear and caster, you used to go oom constantly and end up sitting auto attacking in bear, but that might be better nowadays since the changes to low level mana costs
    20+ Cat form all the way (or potentially bear for some elite quests). It's pretty one dimensional, spamming claw or mangle mostly, but it's effective and should get you to 80 fairly quickly.

Boomkin is supposed to be alright nowadays too, but I've never leveled as boomkin so I can't really comment on the effectiveness.

I lvled resto from 1-80 (before LFG thing was put into the game) and it was so painful that I almost quit lvling my druid. But now with the LFG system lvling resto would be nice, getting groups fast and all but going feral(tank) will get you groups even faster... at least on my server.

You can expect quite a different healing style (if you want him resto), a tank taking a lot more damage with a much larger healthpool (in bear), a lightning-fast melee dps (cat) or a RNG caster (boomkin).
    And ofc, the best class ingame
    May everyone live.
    May everyone die.
    Hello my love.
    And my love, goodbye.

From my personal exp, i'd rather Healdin

Deleted

As for leveling, i cannot really find any valid reasons to not go feral all the way up to 80. Having a constant 30% run speed increase from cat form, mana enough to constantly heal you up after a fight if needed, no downtime at all, and great - GREAT - soloing abilities, and feral winds hands down. If you enjoy casting, then sure, you can go moonkin instead, but it wont go as fast as feral will, regardless of what level you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    Having a constant 30% run speed increase from cat form, mana enough to constantly heal you up after a fight if needed, no downtime at all, and great - GREAT - soloing abilities, and feral winds hands down.
    Feral Winds won't be added until Cataclysm/4.0 is released.

Feral Winds: Your bear or cat is covered in the wreaking remains of your latest kill which causes enemies and party members in the immediate area to occasionally vomit for 3 seconds. Can only be removed with soap & water.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezee
    Feral Winds won't be added until Cataclysm/4.0 is released.

Feral Winds: Your bear or cat is covered in the wreaking remains of your latest kill which causes enemies and party members in the immediate area to occasionally vomit for 3 seconds. Can only be removed with soap & water.
    i lol'd