Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: [ HUGE Wrath of the Lich King SPOILER!] New Lich King, is he good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis
    Well I'm thinking of this in a " Emerald Nightmare" perspective, I doubt Arthas thinks he needs more Frostwyrms regardless of race, otherwise he'd have put more effort in raising Galakrond.

No I think this is about the Nightmare taking place in the Dream, Arthas dreamt about the "end" in the book dedicated to him and saw some "things to come", I think WoW will eventually solve there, he might be using Bolvar and his newly acquired resistance to the green barrier as seen in the Green Dragonshrine (meaning with life-fire around him he wont instantly be turned to dust) to access the dream.
    not a bad idea

Re: Bolvar new Lich King, is he good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Mogrutana

The Cult of the Damned is like 90% ex-Alliance members.
    The Blackrock orcs is like 100% ex-Horde members. I'm not sure where we are going with these random fun facts :P

in the mountains

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Archimon
    do you really think blizzard would be stupid enough to add the Lich king death animation to PTR. It could be a prank by blizz or someone with the lovely ability to animate models.

Quote Originally Posted by godofslack
    do you really think blizzard would be stupid enough to add the Lich king death animation to PTR. It could be a prank by blizz or someone with the lovely ability to animate models.

that made me think... what if lavaman was also a prank?

Quote Originally Posted by Phage0070
    If Bolvar is the "burning man" that was data-mined a while ago, it makes a lot of sense that he was toasted and then hauled away before Alexstrasza arrived. Maybe the Lich King is trying to harness that power for his own use by keeping Bolvar forever burning with the Life-Binder's fire, or maybe that will be the reason he can safely become the new Lich King.
    I remember someone telling me that early in the Beta a few players could read Draconic due to a translation glitch. Alexstraza says something to the other Red Dragon about how they shouldn't tell us that Bolvar's body was not there and only his shield remained. Could be wrong though.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Archimon
    Also, it really is poorly made by far the worst death animation ever (no way in hell the helm would go flying of the head at that speed).

This prety much sums it up
    [size=1]Cataclysm 10 man raiding guild looking for skilled players.

Also, it really is poorly made by far the worst death animation ever (no way in hell the helm would go flying of the head at that speed).
    No chin strap on that helmet! Not safety approved >

I was hoping he'd stagger around clutching his chest for 5 min. while wincing in pain..

Quote Originally Posted by SPC7R0
    blizzard wants us to tink bolvar will be the new Lich King, i tink they will come up with something that will leave us all shocked..... I SAY TIRION WILL BE THE NEW LICH KING.... OR THRALL!!!!!!! who knows..... everyone already has in mind that will be bolvar.. i tink blizzard will surprise us all tomorrow with somethign we are not expecting =D
    im still convinced it'll be Thrall

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ososhawkin
    I remember someone telling me that early in the Beta a few players could read Draconic due to a translation glitch. Alexstraza says something to the other Red Dragon about how they shouldn't tell us that Bolvar's body was not there and only his shield remained. Could be wrong though.
    They make reference to people not knowing yet the true fate of Bolvar, or in general the true outcome of what took place.

I don't think the Death animation is false but I also don't think with Blizz waiting to the very last minute to add the missing elements that they would add this major piece of data without doing it on purpose.

They want us to speculate and get excited, we know Bolvar is in because of the yell in ICC and the dragons talking between themselves, we also know there must be a LK. Now nothing says Arthas dies, but after all he's done and the fact we saw it's nearly impossible to cleanse the simple evils the scourge incurred like in the quest chain to save the paladin in IC, I think we might have to admit his final hour is close at hand.

As he would have said himself, once upon a time:

"Justice has come!"

"There will be no redemption."
    Facilis Descensus Averno

i still think that Darion Morgrain is a far more likely choice than Bolvar, who outside of the wrathgate cinematic I've never even seen or heard of.
    Blizz is going to want the new Lich-king to be someone who players of both factions are familiar with/appreciate, not random-alliance-paladin-number-3135466. Thus it only makes sense for it to be someone with a large enough profile for both factions to know who they are, ie: Racial leaders and Neutral faction members a la Darion and Tirion.

edit: Sylvanis would possibly be the most awesome choice ever. and do these threads remind anyone else of the final fifth cylon discussion from a year ago?
    "It is like they have two devs changing shit in some kind of a war. "Fuck mages" "No fuck you!" and every few weeks they get into arguments and secretly change the notes and hope the other guy doesn't notice." ~Strakha

Quote Originally Posted by Gankenstein
    im still convinced it'll be Thrall
    Unlikely with him having absolutely no involvement with the Lich King or even being near ICC. We'll find out soon tho!
    [size=1]Cataclysm 10 man raiding guild looking for skilled players.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina
    The Blackrock orcs is like 100% ex-Horde members. I'm not sure where we are going with these random fun facts :P

meh except they're not affiliated with the scourge so have no influence on how easy it is for them to convert Alliance vs Horde.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis
    I don't think the Death animation is false but I also don't think with Blizz waiting to the very last minute to add the missing elements that they would add this major piece of data without doing it on purpose.
    Physics would dictate that assuming the Lich King was to die as outlined in that animation he would have to be anchored to the ground, be hit directly in the head as he was allready falling, (with a force exceding terminal velocity) and his skeleton would have to be extremely strong but stretchy at the same time. So, yeah its a fake.

Quote Originally Posted by moocowfrakmilk
    Thus it only makes sense for it to be someone with a large enough profile for both factions to know who they are, ie: Racial leaders and Neutral faction members a la Darion and Tirion.
    racial leaders... like... Bolvar?

Quote Originally Posted by Overweight
    racial leaders... like... Bolvar?
    last time i checked varian was still king of the humans
    "It is like they have two devs changing shit in some kind of a war. "Fuck mages" "No fuck you!" and every few weeks they get into arguments and secretly change the notes and hope the other guy doesn't notice." ~Strakha

Quote Originally Posted by moocowfrakmilk
    last time i checked varian was still king of the humans
    not for the first 4 years of the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Mogrutana

meh except they're not affiliated with the scourge so have no influence on how easy it is for them to convert Alliance vs Horde.
    They were still easily converted by Deathwing... who technically has no converting powers aside form threats

Obviously scourge have corrupted more Alliance people because it happened in Lordearon

Quote Originally Posted by Overweight
    not for the first 4 years of the game!
    Who was? I'm Curious....