Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: What should i buy to upgrade my PC ?

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    Well, the next thing that you would be able to upgrade is your video card. It is pretty slow and outdated but it may not be worth it though. WoW performance relies heavily on the CPU, moreso than the video card in some cases. Therefore, if you were to invest around 100 bucks on a decent video card, then it would be severely bottlenecked by the processor you have now. You also may run into some other problems such as having an insufficient power supply for the new video card which would be another $50-100.

My advice is buy the RAM see how it goes. If you are unsatisfied with the performance increase and the performance then you will probably have to look at building a new system because you won't be able to upgrade to a good/cheap/new processor since you have an outdated socket 939 motherboard.
    Also note that IF you decide to upgrade your video card, get a AGP videocard. PCI-E wont work on your motherboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary
    Tigerdirect.com will occasionaly have lower prices on some items than newegg and shouldn't be ruled out. I personally double check everything I buy on both sites.
    True that, other websites might sometimes have better prices and better deals but when it comes to the overall price/quality of service newegg wins. This is just my opinion from my own personal experience though, since I buy more than 90% of my technology needs online at newegg.

Quote Originally Posted by Logicaly
    Also note that IF you decide to upgrade your video card, get a AGP videocard. PCI-E wont work on your motherboard.
    Wrong, see here:
    Primary Bus: PCI Express 16x
    The card he has now is PCI-E not AGP.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    True that, other websites might sometimes have better prices and better deals but when it comes to the overall price/quality of service newegg wins. This is just my opinion from my own personal experience though, since I buy more than 90% of my technology needs online at newegg.
    Wrong, see here:
    The card he has now is PCI-E not AGP.
    Aaah right, I'm sorry. My bad, misread

Quote Originally Posted by Furyfire
    Hai, I want to play WoW without having around 1 fps in dalaran and getting lagg the first 30 seconds when a fight starts where i lose huge amount of dps.

note: i don't know shit about computers so don't ask me difficult stuff
    What should i update?
    info about pc:

Video Card:
    Driver: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
    DirectX Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
    Driver Version: 6.14.11.7813
    DirectX Driver Version: 6.14.11.7813

Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
    Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
    DirectX Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
    Number of Monitors: 1
    Number of Logical Video Cards: 1
    No SLI or Crossfire Detected
    Primary Display Resolution: 1280 x 1024
    Desktop Resolution: 1280 x 1024
    Primary Display Size: 11.81" x 9.45" (15.12" diag)
    30.0cm x 24.0cm (38.4cm diag)
    Primary Bus: PCI Express 16x
    Primary VRAM: 1024 MB
    Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x 8x

Sound card:
    Audio device: Realtek AC97 Audio

Memory:
    RAM: 511 Mb
    Miscellaneous:
    UI Language: English
    Microphone: Yes, I have a microphone.
    Media Type: DVD
    Total Hard Disk Space Available: 78523 Mb
    Largest Free Hard Disk Block: 14959 Mb
    Steam Hard Disk Usage: 11543 Mb

I used to build computers, so im pretty knowledable (my current one is OC'ed to 3.5GhZ i920 on air cool with dual GFX and 6gigs of Dominator ram.)

As a rule of thumb, the best upgrades are, as $$$ Vs. Performance Gain

Ram, CPU, GPU, HD

Hope this helps, if you would like someting solidly build, i can easy give you ideas as long as you let me know of a budget and a preference (by preference i mean (intel Vs Amd, Nvidia Vs ATI)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piggietails View Post
    You don't find Shadowmourne in PvP, it finds you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozkurt

As a rule of thumb, the best upgrades are, as $$$ Vs. Performance Gain

Ram, CPU, GPU, HD

Hope this helps, if you would like someting solidly build, i can easy give you ideas as long as you let me know of a budget and a preference (by preference i mean (intel Vs Amd, Nvidia Vs ATI)
    That's a really broad rule though because it all depends on what the person intends to do with their computer.
    For most users, upgrading RAM past a certain amount becomes a waste of $$$. Faster CPU never hurts, neither does a faster GPU only if you are a hardcore gamer that likes to keep up with the latest and greatest and expects to see the best results (highest settings). When it comes to the hard drive most people would settle for a 7.2k rpm drive or RAID 2 of them if you are looking for slightly better performance.
    So, I guess your rule is right for the most part, except RAM. It is true that if you skimp out on RAM your system will be performing way under what it is fully capable of, but that could be said for any component in certain situations, however RAM is the cheapest
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely