Rotation @60 pre80

I just wanted to get some clarification or reassurance that my logic is correct. I have been reading level 80 guides or posts that cater to hunters at that level that have all of the correct abilities.

Today my rotation at 60 is:

Explosive Shot > Serp Sting > Black Arrow > MultiShot > Steady Shot

My question is, I only use Steady Shot when everything is on cool down? For example if I go through this rotation starting off, by the time I fire off MultiShot, Explosive shot is coming off of CD and is ready. In this case I would fire Explosive shot, ignoring Stead Shot. Then continue with steady shot until Explosive Shot or Multi Shot becomes available and always keep Serp Sting and Black Arrow active on target.

In ramps I am ranging from 400-500 dps, on target dummies in Org I can hit 800dps. Is this on par for my level and spec?

0/0/51

http://12.129.242.20/character-sheet...=Fr%C3%A4ulein
    (I use IP cause routers block host name >.>)

Ignore glyph of explosive trap glyph, I was tired when I purchased it...was suppose to be explosive shot. DOH

Second question is, should I finish out the survival tree before heading into MM? I have roughly seven more points left in survival before the spec is complete.

I'm not sure if I should go with replenishment or improved stings build. I assume I want replenishment because I am still leveling and go improved stings once I hit 80. I will have to run the numbers to see how much of a DPS increase or decrease these two builds are when contrasted.

Replenishment
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#cZ0eV...hgdAhsu:NfAMzm

Imp Stings
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#cZ0eV...htkAhsd:NfAMzm

Re: Rotation @60 pre80

Explosive shot should always be used on cooldown, keeping in mind of course to keep up your DoTs while you can. I would get to 80 before I worried about what my DPS looked like, it's hard to judge people in greens and low level.

what your doing sounds about right, just remember that it is a PRIORITY SYSTEM meaning that the higher the shot is on the list, the more you want to use it over the shots lower than it on the list. And you should BA first i believe, last i checked you don't use serpent sting first until you get 2pc t9. Same with the improved stings talent, its a nogo till 2pc t9.

opening rotation should look like
    hunters mark-kill command-explo shot-black arrow-serp sting-multi-explo shot-steady

or something to that effect, and then just follow the prio system making sure you don't clip you explo shots with the LnL proc. and try not to clip the cooldowns on your shots by using a steady shot right when its about to come off cooldown.
    <Decidedly Uncouth> Horde Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Blada
    last i checked you don't use serpent sting first until you get 2pc t9. Same with the improved stings talent, its a nogo till 2pc t9.
    3% increased damage from all your attacks + a good DoT? 2p bonus or not, that's too much to pass up.. use serpent sting and get the talent regardless tbh

Edit: looking at your spec, remove 1 point from Hunting Party and put it into Recoursefulness, less cooldown on black arrow (and less mana usage while leveling) is a must as that's what procs LnL, aswell as being a great DoT.. it's better than 1% increased agility atleast, and 66% vs. 100% chance to get replenishment when explosive shot crits is kinda the same deal as with expose weakness.. it will be kept up even at a 66% proc chance,
    Signature.. Am I doing this right?

I believe he was talking about using Explosive Shot before Serpent Sting at the beginning of boss fights, not excluding it from his queue entirely.

His point (and last I checked, it was a correct one), was that ES is so much damage that you should start the fight using it, regardless of the fact that SrS causes 3% more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    I believe he was talking about using Explosive Shot before Serpent Sting at the beginning of boss fights, not excluding it from his queue entirely.

His point (and last I checked, it was a correct one), was that ES is so much damage that you should start the fight using it, regardless of the fact that SrS causes 3% more damage.
    Missed the 'first' lol, thanks for correcting me, I r blind

<3 ~Icey
    Signature.. Am I doing this right?

I actually meant using serpent sting before black arrow in the rotation/priority system. Using black arrow before serpent sting is better until you get your 2pc t9. You always use explosive shot first no matter what, thats a given.
    <Decidedly Uncouth> Horde Mal'Ganis