Lich King dead- Ashbringer story still not finished?

I remember blizzard said that with the fall of lich king the Ashbringer storyline would come to a close. In the cinematic, Tirion is still holding the ashbringer....
    Did they change the plan mid-way?

Re: Lich King dead- Ashbringer story still not finished?

We haven't seen what happens before, or after that cinematic. So chances are, you'll find out then.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Just a quick thought invoked by this post.

Perhaps they find some way to make Ashbringer into Bolvars new sword, since Frostmourne is shattered. Help him resist the will of The Lick King? Just a thought.

EDIT: Bolvar is frozen in the throne, so I guess that is a little far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyonepost
    Did they change the plan mid-way?
    They've been screwing around with the Ashbringer story since the game started. There's hints that it was meant to be the legendary for BWL and that it the sword was "lost", but they scrapped that idea, saved it for Naxxramas I and retconned the story so it was in Alexandros' possession the entire time.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Ashbringer#Old_questline

Deleted

Please add spoiler to the subject of the post.

Maybe we will find out later in the months before the Cataclysm. Who knows? It's an epic storyline, but it's been pretty neglected for a while now.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

IMO it ends its story with shattering frostmourne

Don't forget that the Ashbringer is, for all intents and purposes, still Darion Mograine's sword; it's just on loan to Tirion. Honestly, I'm surprised Tirion didn't take up the "crown", and pass the Ashbringer back to Darion.