Poll: What was the more disappointing cinematic?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

[Spoiler] Poll: Which cinematic was more disappointing?

I was disappointed by the new wotlk end trailer, but I had to think whether I was more or less disappointed by the Illidan vs Arthas fight at the end of The Frozen Throne. I just found that fight so anti-climactic and thought it could have been so much better with a similar epicness to the grom/thrall vs Mannoroth fight.

Arthas vs Illidan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB82pF_64mw

Any other people who share this feeling?

edit: Magtheridon? geez ><

Re: [Spoiler] Poll: Which cinematic was more disappointing?

I thought NEITHER was disappointing. You cant please everyone unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account

untill now i don't really have been disappointed by blizz cinematics but if i should choose the best it would be The LK cinematic =P

Quote Originally Posted by mudminer
    I was disappointed ...blah blah ... so much better with a similar epicness to the grom/thrall vs magtheridon fight.
    Didn't know they fought Maggy. Thanks for clearing some lore up. I find it hard to believe you even played WC III. Mannoroth was ever-present there.

Hah thanks for the correction, it's been a while.

just about the only cinematics i think they did terrible on were the ones in Warcraft 1. those things were freaking horrible.

WC3 + WoW = awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account

Get over yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Quote Originally Posted by Chri478n
    untill now i don't really have been disappointed by blizz cinematics but if i should choose the best it would be The LK cinematic =P
    I hope you don't mean in general as I think Blizzard does an amazing cinematic: Diablo 2, Starcraft, and the introduction to both expansions for WOW have had a great cinematic. Granted you can't please everyone.

i thought both were pretty fucking awsome, just cant please some people i guess theres always going to be 1 guarenteed QQ'er
    Classic WoW.

Theres no cinematic for me on the frontpage. The space is white.

I've loved every trailer and cinematic so far. I'm not saying that the end of the lich king one was bad, but it wasn't up to speculation. The Lich King is a huge deal, like literally, a game-breaker type guy. I was imagining some huge epic battle scene where finally the Lich King falls. I just got some dialogue between two guys explaning what's going to happen. I don't know, maybe my bar was too high.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

10+ Year Old Account

This is a weird question, what's disappointing about either? Maybe the Illidan vs Arthas one because they didn't have the time to make it a "real" cinematic.

The post-Arthas death one is probably one of the greatest cinematics they've done in WoW, (excluding the opening ones).

bare in mind there's probably like a 20 min "epic" fight before he drops as seen in that "cinematic".

i don't consider it "a cinematic" anyway.

to me that's an enhanced in game cut scene.

much like the scripted cut scenes in WC3 using the games engine only pre recorded.

machinima basically.

and done that way so that it fits within what you see both before and after ie the same characters and place inside the games engine.

as a WarCraft RTS player and fan i installed this game wondering if i could kill Arthas (and see a rebuilt Dalaran strangely enough) because i always thought he was a prick.

i forgot about that for a while . . screwed around . . . til one night in EPL when a little girl who didnt know she was dead asking for her daddy caused me to break into tears at a video game.

i don't need a f%#king payoff "cinematic" to make me killing Arthas "epic" and i humbly suggest anyone who is really invested in the storyline feels the same.

Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Illidan's death.

Wait.
    God; I hate you people.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherPaladin
    I've loved every trailer and cinematic so far. I'm not saying that the end of the lich king one was bad, but it wasn't up to speculation. The Lich King is a huge deal, like literally, a game-breaker type guy. I was imagining some huge epic battle scene where finally the Lich King falls. I just got some dialogue between two guys explaning what's going to happen. I don't know, maybe my bar was too high.
    They are leaving the epic battle scene to us and the cinematic is showing us the aftermath of our work. Just remember we still dont know the whole fight.

Make a better one? Thats right i thought not now shut up

Go play something else, some ppl just bitch at everything.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation