Assassin's Creed II

So, I'm bored and figured I'd see people's opinions on my newest addiction - I love this game almost as much as WoW. What are your thoughts on it?
    In one of the harder heroics, like VH
    wait...wtf?
    <M a e l s t r o m> recruiting high end DPS and healers for ICC25 (7/9) www.guildmaelstrom.com

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Assassin's Creed II

best.
    console.
    game.
    ever.

nuff said.
    "Either you're a noob or a pro. That's life."

Quote Originally Posted by Retadino
    best.
    console.
    game.
    ever.

nuff said.
    For right now, I concur with this man
    How much bone could a bonestorm storm if a bonestorm could BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/character-bios/'almega'-nara-draconus/ - my RP character

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

You here to look at the book?

Finished this one recently and it's definitely on the good side of awesome. It's like the took everything that made the first game entertaining and actually, you know, added some kind of plot instead of a pretty static sandbox.

The extra variety and existence of actual varying missions and objectives instead of just a series of repetitive sidequests makes AC2 a fantastic game instead of, as AC1 was, an impressive experiment.

I like the game, but honestly - it's kinda hard to get into, I tend to take days off from playing it. Not nearly as engaging as Uncharted 2's immense gunfights, but I'll trudge through it - when I get a bit farther AC2 will get better I'm sure and hit a stride with me.

Looks beautiful though.

Deleted

I thought Assassins Creed had so many wonderful ideas, so much potential, so much chance for sweeping us up and nursing us near its bosom. And yet, AC1 failed miserably at that. What could have been a mindboggling experience was a bore for a lot of the time. Don't get me wrong, i loved the free-running, the stabbing of random people, knocking over karts and whatnot. But for actual gameplay, once you had done the first mission, you simply had to do the same all over again another 8 times, and this disappointed me a lot. Combat, when it came to a point where the player would master his abilities, was made harder by simply having more enemies. In the final levels, you would be surrounded by some 20+ enemies, and you had to wait for something to sidestep or counter. It felt very unrewarding.

Because of this, i had high hopes for AC2, thinking surely that there would be more variety in the gameplay in general, and that Ubisoft had brought with them the feedback from the first game, but from all accounts from friends and reviewers alike, it doesn't seem like they managed to pull it off. I saw a boss fight for AC2, and it looks more or less identical to the combat issues they had in the previous games. Wait until the boss attacks, dodge or parry, and try to get a hit in. The player cannot take the initiative, and have to wait around to be allowed to do anything.

The game itself (if i hadn't play AC1) would of been amazing, but since i played AC1... left much to be desired. The combat system was a simple 3 different things, Counter, instant-kill count with hidden blade, or disarm and kill. The feathers... highly dissapointing especially the reward. If it wasn't for the fact it dropped a lot of bombshell storyline parts the game would of felt to much like AC1 to be as good as it was.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

15+ Year Old Account

AC2... well i love the god damn game as sometimes i can spend over hour only running at the roofs of florence and venice... sooo prettyyy... and ofc random assassinatios of guards is a pleasure (i just looove the poison and count until guard dies hehehe)
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.

Douglas Adams

Assassin's Creed II - my favorite online game

Champion necro. Bravo.

9 years has to be a record.

Unholy Arthas, this is some bad necro over here
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Jesus it smells like old death in here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I first started playing assassins creed prior to the release of revelations. Had a buddy hype the first one to me for a while so I gave it a whirl. Liked the game, but it wasn't until I played 2 and Brotherhood that I really fell in love with the series. Continued to play revelations and 3, but lost interest after that.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I mean, it was really good at the time and a massive jump from AC1 but it has not stood the test of time...

I stopped playing the remastered version shortly after starting it, it's nothing special anymore.

Edit, just saw this was a necro LMAO

10+ Year Old Account

Don't be a dick. Hug your buddy Leo.

Quote Originally Posted by daisyrowley View Post
    Assassin's Creed II - my favorite online game
    lolwut

10+ Year Old Account
    Please don't post in ancient threads. Look at the date before posting. Closing this here.

CLOSED.