Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: I love Death Metal and so can you!

Quote Originally Posted by chocozorro
    To everyone who likes Necrophagist, listen to Decrepit Birth, great technical metal band.
    Indeed, pretty good band. Don't feel like listing all the bands I listen to or going to look into.

wat?
    wherez Opeth?!!!
    >.>

... and The Heavens Shall Tremble.
    Lord of Agamaggan - EU.

Quote Originally Posted by phai
    I knew this can't be serious.
    Look at the previous page. Some people just posted huge lists of bands they know. Wow.
    Know in which effing way should this be "useful" for something that gets into some kind of music?
    Okay, they might have some bands to listen into, but thats all.

I listen to Death / Black Metal myself but I don't feel like showing everyone that I know the most underground br00tal bands that ever existed or still exist. There is no point in it. Especially because Metal can be so different in itself.
    Well, we can address you in two ways: One, I could point out what seems like some sort of "jealousy" re-directed to ranting about how much others know, or I could explain to you logically and hope that you start using more common sense in you posts after this... though this little part was still a bit shrewd, I think it's necessary to let you know that your attitude is unfair and unjust.

Me, being the ONLY person on the first page to post a huge list, am apparently under fire here - so I will properly defend myself against your ignorant offensive against me and anyone else who happens to have listened to metal for a long time and love more than 3 bands. First, let's get a quote from the original poster of this thread: "Alright, post your favorite death metal bands and such!". Direct quote. Now, what exactly did I do in my post? As you can see, I posted my favorite Death Metal bands. It is a long list, yes, but that is not for showing off or whatever simplistic and ignorant ideas you have spiraling around in your head. As inferred above, I have ben listening to metal for a VERY LONG TIME. 8 years to be precise. I know that's not exactly long compared to a lot of other people, but 8 years of digging, searching, discovery? That's got to yield SOME type of result... don't you think?

Wrapping it up here, as it's becoming a wall of text (kind of), the reason for the length of my list was not for vanity, but for accuracy. I didn't put a TON of DM bands on that list - you know why? They aren't my favorites. The ones on my list? I love them... they are my favorites. All I did was follow through the guidelines that the OP set in places, and did what was asked. Hell, I might have ven had some people discover some bands they have never listened to, and that is a nice thought for me. If you don't like it, I suggest taking it up with the moderator or something, because overall you're being a disturber of the peace in this thread, slinging accusations around for little to NO reason other than your own paranoia.

/END rant
    Rabadaba skeebie dee doo diddle doo dah

Hate
    Necrophagist
    Pavor
    Morbid Angel
    Luciferion
    Origin
    Mortification
    Hypocrisy
    Death
    Decapitated
    Suffocation
    Bloodbath
    Dismember
    Grave
    Carnage
    Entombed
    Crimson Thorn
    Sympathy
    Lord Gore
    Impaled
    Vital Remains
    Blood Boil
    Cannibal Corpse
    Arghoslent
    Possessed
    Immolation
    Obituary
    Timeghoul
    Athiest
    Graveless
    Blood Freak
    Benighted
    Sanctification
    Aborted
    Goreaphobia
    Nunslaughter
    Gorguts
    Demonstruction
    Devourment
    Malevolent Creation
    Skinless
    Demilich

.....and all that stuff. I only I could remember every one that I like though, that would be awesome. If I could get my old harddrive to work, I could expand this list so much...
    I love you! Real stuff right here folks
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

No one mentioning Nile and Behemoth makes this thread an auto-fail. They are pretty much the gems of death metal.

Well since y'all pretty much covered all of the other Death Metal bands I like, I only have about 5 to post.

Becoming The Archetype (Christian Prog/Death)
    In Mourning (Prog/Death)
    November's Doom (Death/Doom)
    Monotheist (Christian Prog Black/Death)
    Swallow The Sun (Death/Doom)
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx
    "Can you handle the Paperwork please?"
    "The only escape is death..."
    "Umm, ok, but would you mind? It's not much, really."
    "Stick Around!"
    "I'd love to, but i've gotta get back to the meeting"
    "BOOOOONESTOOOORM!
    *Marrowgar knocks the paperwork off the desk in rage*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palidan View Post
    No one mentioning Nile and Behemoth makes this thread an auto-fail. They are pretty much the gems of death metal.
    I think they've been mentioned before (though in different threads). That aside, I honestly don't think their last work is their greatest. George's drumming is boring as heck and I managed to lose interest in Behemoth a bit. Demigod is partially (or particularly, if you wish) to blame for that one. Heard the last one as well and just didn't enjoy it as much as Thelema.6 which I still consider their best piece.

I just need to contribute The Faceless and Lykathea Aflame. The Faceless being a technical death metal band and Lykathea Aflame focusing on a Egyptian-like sound, similar to Nile. Oh yeah, can't forget Intronaut, some more tech death.
    Last edited by Saf; 2010-08-07 at 02:58 AM.

Cannible Corpse for the win. Also, Project Hate MXC.

Need any help here on the forums? Just PM and I'll be more then glad to help you!

Unless I missed it, I haven't seen mention of Bolt Thrower. Had to rectify that.

The Black Dahlia actually is Death Metal. They aren't the greatest, but they are still death metal.

Dying Fetus
    Suffocation
    Nile
    Necrophagist
    Obscura
    Amon Amarth
    At The Gates
    In Flames (early)
    Cannible Corpse (early)
    Death
    Morbid Angel
    Light This City (also not the greatest)
    Vader
    Children of Bodom (not the best but still...)
    Origin
    Atheist
    Cynic
    Gorguts
    Carcass
    Vital Remains
    Dark Tranquillity

Not even one "Waking the Cadaver" in here, strange thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Do fictional DM bands count?

Cuz I love me some Dethklok .

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudeyouknew View Post
    The Black Dahlia actually is Death Metal. They aren't the greatest, but they are still death metal.

Nile
    Necrophagist
    Amon Amarth
    In Flames (early)
    Cannible Corpse (early)
    Morbid Angel
    Children of Bodom (not the best but still...)
    Origin
    awful generic gutter trash, avoid these bands

---------- Post added 2010-08-07 at 01:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Palidan View Post
    Nile is the worst death metal band of all time, hands down. No competition. Well... maybe Cannibal Corpse. About equally wretched. Beyond generic, nothing interesting... ever.

Listen to Neuraxis, now that's good death metal.

You can't be serious?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely. I hate rip-off artists and plagiaristic clones. Listen to a band like Augury or Gojira instead of a band like Cannibal Corpse. Fuck the clones.

I have. I'm merely perplexed as to how you quantify one to be a plagerist and a rip off cosidering how you edited my list to include some who shouldn't and exclude some who should.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Absolutely. I hate rip-off artists and plagiaristic clones. Listen to a band like Augury or Gojira instead of a band like Cannibal Corpse. Fuck the clones.
    If you are trolling, it's quite a good job. I quite like Gojira, but half of it is ripped from Morbid Angel and the other half from Strapping Young Lad.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gojira sounds absolutely nothing like Strapping Young Lad, are you insane? Gojira has influences, such as Meshuggah, but not Strapping Young Lad. And saying something sounds like Morbid Angel is a bit disingenuous considering Morbid Angel is the epitomy of the generic death metal band. A band with absolutely zero identity that simply apes the stereotypes of the style.

I can hear some similarities between SYL and Gojira, but that's rather song-by-song basis. I wouldn't name them as such a big influence. Unless the band have named SYL themselves I would rather go and guess Gojira has partially been influenced by few bands/styles that side near SYL and thus sometimes end up with the sound.