Tier 10 Shadow Set - Not good until four peices?

So I was speaking with some of my fellow spriests on my server about how I was going to finally get my 2P bonus on Tuesday. I was told though that none of the Shadow Tier 10 gear is good until you get four pieces since you have to break the T9 bonus (+ 6 seconds on VT)

As much as it seems logical that an extra 6 seconds of spell casting is better then the 5% crit, I always thought that the raw stats like haste and SP on the new gear would make up for that.

Thoughts? I really don't want to have to wait to get my 4P set o_O

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Re: Tier 10 Shadow Set - Not good until four peices?

Personally, I'm getting gear if its an upgrade from my existing gear stat-wise. I still have tpc t8 (chest and helm) so I'm upgrading those using t10 once I get the frost badges.
    I think it really depends on what you would be replacing to get the t10 gear. If you have more recent gear like ToC and ICC would probably not be worth the upgrade because it would break your 2pc bonus, but if you have older gear, (like uld) then I don't think it matters as much.

- [BTW Darn you Onyxia!! Won't drop that dang helm )

You have 4set T9,

Get rid of 2 pieces of T9,

Buy 2 pieces of T10,

Wear piece T9 and 2 piece t10,

When you get all 4 parts of your t10, wear all four and then, only then, drop 2pt9.

15+ Year Old Account

4 piece is bad, dont waste badges on it.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    4 piece is bad, dont waste badges on it.
    Please don't listen to this guy, ty

He's right though. Don't waste badges on it (use them wisely on it). It is bad after all. Bad like Samuel L. Jackson in the 90s.

LFM Voa25 Shadow priest gear locked.

Is how its done.....

All of the priest T10 gear is itemized very well so alone they're good pieces to get. If you're worried about set bonuses you just go from 2t10 3t9 to 3 t10 2 t9 to 4t10. But it's still not always wrong to break up 2pc T9 before you get 4pc T10 if you get good enough gear. The T9 2 piece is worth approximately 111 PP (pseudo spell power) It's never good to follow anyones advice on gear with set bonuses unless you know specifically why it's 'usually' a good idea because it may not be true for your gear.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by daenerys
    All of the priest T10 gear is itemized very well so alone they're good pieces to get. If you're worried about set bonuses you just go from 2t10 3t9 to 3 t10 2 t9 to 4t10. But it's still not always wrong to break up 2pc T9 before you get 4pc T10 if you get good enough gear. The T9 2 piece is worth approximately 111 PP (pseudo spell power) It's never good to follow anyones advice on gear with set bonuses unless you know specifically why it's 'usually' a good idea because it may not be true for your gear.
    Indeed. I have the T10.251 Shadow shoulders, and got some cloth 264 shoulders of saurfang 25man a few days ago. Because I'm saving my emblems for the t10 chest, I thought "cool I can use these shoulders with higher item level until I get a setbonus from my t10 shoulders".

Only not. The T10.251 shoulders are better than those 264 shoulders off of saurfang. With setbonus they become way better.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I'll actually recommend breaking 2p T9 as fast as you can, so you get used to *very fast* VTs again. I've seen several other priests who had 2-300 dps drops because of VT uptime issues after breaking the 2p T9.

But by all means, don't buy T10 before you done a weekly VoA raid, if you're still missing legs or gloves.

Interesting enough, I'm missing gloves (and wouldn't mind legs, heh), so VoA fits perfectly for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I'll actually recommend breaking 2p T9 as fast as you can, so you get used to *very fast* VTs again. I've seen several other priests who had 2-300 dps drops because of VT uptime issues after breaking the 2p T9.

But by all means, don't buy T10 before you done a weekly VoA raid, if you're still missing legs or gloves.

Interesting enough, I'm missing gloves (and wouldn't mind legs, heh), so VoA fits perfectly for me.
    Exactly the same here :P

And @OP... whoever told you you can't have 2 piece T10 and 2 piece T9, well...

At the moment, I'm runing with two tier 9 (Chest and gloves) and two tier 10 (Head [264] & shoulders) and got http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50990 to protect my pirvate areas.. Going for 4 tier 10 when I got my 190 emblems Untill that, I'll run VoA 25 like mad man, trying to get the leggs or gloves, depends how much hit I have

Made by Caiti, love it!

double 2 piece is amazing

losing the T9 2piece will just taking getting used to again
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

I dropped 2set T9 just the other day, and to be honest i hit the dummies for about 1hour and i got use to it. Its not as if theres a rotation to a shadowpriest, for example with 2pt9 you do 123123412312341231234, and with no 2pt9 you do 412341231414 < god if i know. You see your VT falling off and you simply refresh it, its not as if you have to change your whole gameplay after dropping t9, but at least thats my opinion.

Also i did 25man ICC today and i can say that 2pt10 is amazing from a dps perspective, as for mana...didn't notice a thing

2t10 is more of a dps increase then 2t8, as a set bonus. i think 2t10 is actually a bigger dps increase (weighed in PP) then any other bonus this xpac, with the except of 4t10.

in short, tier 10 set bonuses are amazing.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dethecus&n=Solandrys

I hate you full time shadow priests with your actually decent tier 10 bonus (twice!)!

*shakes fist in rage*
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    I hate you full time shadow priests with your actually decent tier 10 bonus (twice!)!

*shakes fist in rage*
    No you dont <3

15+ Year Old Account

so i must have been asleep when i wrote my comment, it was directed towards the healing set.

yes, as posted, keep 2p t9 and 2p t10 until you have 4piece t10
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right