Unholy Blight un-nerf please?

Pre tier 9 4pc, unholy blight hit for 30% of the dc damage. To compensate for the insane damage brought on by the 4pc, it was taken down to 10%. When tier 10 came out, the 4pc was nerfed to make the tier 10 more attractive, but our unholy blight stayed at 10% to compensate for the now halved t9 4pc. After stealing the greatest AoE ability in an DKs arsenal and beating it into a DoT that does minimal damage...then nerfing it again

Can we have our 30% unholy blight back?
    Quote Originally Posted by Artur994
    No, i want a goddamn tank which carrys 5 people inc you and shoots gnomes with laser eyes from a big-ass cannon at the front of it. I want my tank to convert to a goddamn armored zepellin which shoots flying laser sharks when i click a goddamn button. I want it to have an in-built computer, with garrosh's personality. I want it to have a GODDAMN VENDOR WHICH SELLS EPICS AND FREE GL0DZ.

/endthread

Re: Unholy Blight un-nerf please?

Eh, I would rather see some UH talent points get slimmed down or have something like UB combined with desolation into a 3 point talent that read:

Your death coils give you the desolation effect increasing your damage dealt by 1/3/5% for 20sec and also causes them to deal 5/10/15% damage over 10sec.

That way we can also get 3/3 Morbidity or 5/5 Dark conviction to compensate.

Also, I would like to see the Bone shield +2% damage be passive weather the shield is active or not.

Ugh bone shield is another thing that could use a fix. I'm back and forth about speccing into it or not, seeing as how it gets torn off in ICC on many fights, which drops its up-time severely. Granted some fights let it stay but its a talent point spent on either a 'maybe ill be useful in a situation' or 'im useful as long as you're hitting the boss'

Your changes to UB sound delightful, for lack of a better compliment. 3/3 back into morbidity would bring a wonderful synergy in the UH tree. Damage would, well,
    OBVIOUSLY be upped, but the trees at the moment, feel like a little bit of a mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artur994
    No, i want a goddamn tank which carrys 5 people inc you and shoots gnomes with laser eyes from a big-ass cannon at the front of it. I want my tank to convert to a goddamn armored zepellin which shoots flying laser sharks when i click a goddamn button. I want it to have an in-built computer, with garrosh's personality. I want it to have a GODDAMN VENDOR WHICH SELLS EPICS AND FREE GL0DZ.

/endthread

I think it'd be nice if they changed the UB so that it did the same damage it does now but to all the targets in the 10yd area of the infected target.

But seeing as unholy DPS in PvE is quite good as it is - i doubt they are going to change anything.

Talent and skill changes fall into a few different categories.

1. Changes that are needed and will ultimately be implemented.

2. Changes that players want but aren't really needed.

Another UB change would fall in category 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandraice
    Pre tier 9 4pc, unholy blight hit for 30% of the dc damage. To compensate for the insane damage brought on by the 4pc, it was taken down to 10%. When tier 10 came out, the 4pc was nerfed to make the tier 10 more attractive, but our unholy blight stayed at 10% to compensate for the now halved t9 4pc. After stealing the greatest AoE ability in an DKs arsenal and beating it into a DoT that does minimal damage...then nerfing it again

Can we have our 30% unholy blight back?
    The unholy blight dot NEVER hit for 30% dc's damage.

It was changed from the aoe in patch 3.2 and it did 20% of dc's damage.

In 3.3 it was changed to 10% because the huge scourge strike buff (while it could still crit) and the nerfing of 4 piece t9 (that was mostly to prevent dks from using that forever because in bis gear that 4/5 t9 would have been bis) are enough to equal the scourge srike buff..

Now that the shadow portion can't crit is this overkill? maybe. But it isn't so bad that we should be creating threads on it really.

Unholy blight is already a good talent, it doesn't need its damage tripled or even doubled.

Deleted

Unholy Blight did 20% in 3.2, 28% with the Glyph, and with the Unholy rotation in 3.2 that prioritized Death Coil above all else , it was far too great of a DPS increase for 1 talent point. Unholy Blight is fine, we don't need 3 topics a day asking for it to be buffed.

I still miss the PBAE version. That was useful to tanks and DPS. Now, UB is of no worth at all to tanks.

/sadpanda

Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    I still miss the PBAE version. That was useful to tanks and DPS. Now, UB is of no worth at all to tanks.

/sadpanda
    Sorry but since when to tanks not want a threat increase? oh yea.......

UB is still worth it but it just isn't overpowered OR unbalenced atm

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    Sorry but since when to tanks not want a threat increase? oh yea.......

UB is still worth it but it just isn't overpowered OR unbalenced atm
    It's a single target threat increase. A meh single target threat increase. A meh single target threat increase linked to a spell that tanks don't use that often.

IE it's a skippable talent for tanks.

It's a single target threat increase. A meh single target threat increase. A meh single target threat increase linked to a spell that tanks don't use that often.

IE it's a skippable talent for tanks.
    Skipple yes but every tank build i've seen tthat is "viable" has it

Then again i don't unholy tank because, yes, the threat sucks imo but that is mostly because dps for unholy is balanced around a ghoul that has no bearing on a tank's threat.

Skipple yes but every tank build i've seen tthat is "viable" has it

Then again i don't unholy tank because, yes, the threat sucks imo but that is mostly because dps for unholy is balanced around a ghoul that has no bearing on a tank's threat.
    Unholy's problem isn't threat, Unholy's problem is a lack of real tank talents. Bone shield is a mediocre at best cooldown and the rest of the tree has little to no tank boosting talents that work on anything but magic.

Unholy blight in its AoE form was usually taken by blood tanks to boost their AoE threat.

Unholy's problem isn't threat, Unholy's problem is a lack of real tank talents. Bone shield is a mediocre at best cooldown and the rest of the tree has little to no tank boosting talents that work on anything but magic.

Unholy blight in its AoE form was usually taken by blood tanks to boost their AoE threat.
    While I do agree unholy has a lack of tank talents I wouldn' say that it is so debilitating. The worst part imo is their lack of single target threat compared to the other specs.

The aoe threat is fine but still the single target without the ghoul seems under powered.

While I do agree unholy has a lack of tank talents I wouldn' say that it is so debilitating. The worst part imo is their lack of single target threat compared to the other specs.

The aoe threat is fine but still the single target without the ghoul seems under powered.
    They really don't have a blowable cooldown, which is damning in the current environment where several bosses have a tank/cooldown rotation phase.

And it's a hell of a switch from OP unholy tanking in 3.0.

I actually have an unholy tank spec I use for heroics. It exists for the sole purpose of generating AE aggro and allowing my gear to make up for the lack of mitigation talents. Single or multi target, I don't have threat issues with it.