Page 1 of 3
LastLast

RESTO - Healing Valithria

I've been thinking about how to maximize my HPS on the drake for this encounter.
    My plan was to go
    RT-HW-HW-CH-HW-HW-repeat
    this to keep up tidal waves and the totem proc as much as possible.
    Or what do you think?

Re: RESTO - Healing Valithria

I don't know if CH would be worth it in your rotation, I think having a ton of mana and spamming LHW with ES on her would be more beneficial. I dont know yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???

I think it sounds pretty good, how much do you crit with your HW?

I was thinking about the same tbh, but if I can put ES on her (lol), I'd probably spam LHW.

And if you have the trinket from PoS HC, I think you should use that for the extra SP and the crit proc as well. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone
    I don't know if CH would be worth it in your rotation, I think having a ton of mana and spamming LHW with ES on her would be more beneficial. I dont know yet

Are we able to put ES on her?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

Well the CH would mainly be to activate new tidal waves, the totem proc is more of a bonus =)

But I guess ES+LHW is an option too if that works.

From my understandings if things goes as planned mana wont be an issue?

Mana will probably become an issue if you do the HW rotation due to less crits and higher mana cost. And you should probably not use the chainheal totem, there's many to choose from and you're probably better of with somethign else.

I would agree that if we have the mana to support it then Rpt-HW-HW-CH-HW-HW will be the highest throughput rotation by miles. I'm already using it for tank healing on festergut with 3 inhales and putri P3. Indeed you should be even better using riptide again only once the HoT falls off.

Otherwise my lower mana rotation will be Rpt-LHW-LHW-CH-LHW-LHW-CH... again, only using Riptide to proc tidal waves once the HoT falls off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinga
    Mana will probably become an issue if you do the HW rotation due to less crits and higher mana cost. And you should probably not use the chainheal totem, there's many to choose from and you're probably better of with somethign else.
    The CH totem will almost certainly be superior if we're not using riptide on secondary targets. Otherwise Riptide is a HPS loss over CH to proc tidal waves, and thus stacking the frost emblem totem will be inferior. This is true whether we go for HW or LHW as our nuke.

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    The CH totem will almost certainly be superior if we're not using riptide on secondary targets. Otherwise Riptide is a HPS loss over CH to proc tidal waves, and thus stacking the frost emblem totem will be inferior. This is true whether we go for HW or LHW as our nuke.
    What about the pvp totem? if you for LHW spam that is. And maybe while using a HW rotation and mana is an issue a lesser cost on HW might be good?

I would pick up the Deadly/Relentless Totem for LHW spamming, it's really nice. Also load up on int trinkets for this fight, if you find yourself having mana issues that is. (If you dont have Solace or Sifs etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???

is this assuming you aren't needed to heal tanks/raid at all? I think its going to end up being a lot more throwing LHW at her inbetween healing raid members and keeping RT on her.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    I would agree that if we have the mana to support it then Rpt-HW-HW-CH-HW-HW will be the highest throughput rotation by miles. I'm already using it for tank healing on festergut with 3 inhales and putri P3. Indeed you should be even better using riptide again only once the HoT falls off.

Otherwise my lower mana rotation will be Rpt-LHW-LHW-CH-LHW-LHW-CH... again, only using Riptide to proc tidal waves once the HoT falls off.

Except the first time you cast CH after RT it will consume the HoT, so may as well just remove that from the rotation if you're strictly single target healing, cause CH will proc your totem and refresh TW.

Totem of Misery is another valid totem option if you're going HW spam.

Sidira: Enhancement Shaman
    Lumiera: Prot Paladin
    Amiti/Lumiera: Shadow/disc priests

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    is this assuming you aren't needed to heal tanks/raid at all? I think its going to end up being a lot more throwing LHW at her inbetween healing raid members and keeping RT on her.
    MY situation is in 10man raiding. Disc priest and Resto druid and me. So guess the "sides" in this encounter will be similar to Lady deathwhisper10(only one at a time) the disc should be able to handle the tanks while the druid keeps the raid up, which could leave me 100% on the drake. This is just assumptions thou.

The stacking buff from inside the portals would give 2000 mana every 3 sec at max stacks. That together with mana tide and pots etc made me think mana really won't be an issue.

Depends on how long it would take to get 10 stacks and how many you can get inside each portal.

I remember hearing somewhere that it's actually beneficial to bring 4 healers to the 10-man Valithria.

Don't quote me on this.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by myeviltwin
    MY situation is in 10man raiding. Disc priest and Resto druid and me. So guess the "sides" in this encounter will be similar to Lady deathwhisper10(only one at a time) the disc should be able to handle the tanks while the druid keeps the raid up, which could leave me 100% on the drake. This is just assumptions thou.

The stacking buff from inside the portals would give 2000 mana every 3 sec at max stacks. That together with mana tide and pots etc made me think mana really won't be an issue.

Depends on how long it would take to get 10 stacks and how many you can get inside each portal.
    Where does it say that it's a stacking buff? Sound very overpowered with 2k mana every 3sec with the +10% healing buff you get aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Naliiz
    Where does it say that it's a stacking buff?
    Im quite sure I ran into a video on youtube mentioning it would staack ten times. Can't seem to find it thou. was Holypaladin PoV if i remember correctly.
    But as seen in the videos when inside portals you kill more then one of the greenballs. (Cant watch the HD versions at work to see if the buff gets more stacks)

Also the pre-release guide on tankspot mentions it..thou it says stacks to 100, which sounds wrong..but still
    http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...lker-Encounter

15+ Year Old Account

Im quite sure I ran into a video on youtube mentioning it would staack ten times. Can't seem to find it thou. was Holypaladin PoV if i remember correctly.
    But as seen in the videos when inside portals you kill more then one of the greenballs. (Cant watch the HD versions at work to see if the buff gets more stacks)

Also the pre-release guide on tankspot mentions it..thou it says stacks to 100, which sounds wrong..but still
    http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...lker-Encounter
    Oh saw it now (sorry!), it does stack, just seems overpowered (might not be on heroic mode tho).

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEPUq...eature=channel

They are talking about stacking debuff on this movie.

There is a paladin who heals for 97k Holy Light

If you can heal her i believe you can put ES on her, which would make LHW spam quite nice. This is one of most exciting fights for healers i saw Personaly i love the idea, this is true 'healing race' and finally healers can feel the rush of 'big numbers' although there is no way to beat a holy paladin, and he'll be KING on this fight with beacon (i assume it works ) and HL spam.

It says in the tankspot guide that you can't beacon her. But sure slap it on one of the tanks and spam the dragon i guess =)

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Yes, that what i had in mind. It's way more effective than Beacon on her and healing tanks, as you can spam her all the time

This way or another your tank should not die, ever.

Atlhough if you cant beacon her i wonder if healing her will 'proc' the beacon.

I've been thinking about how to maximize my HPS on the drake for this encounter.
    My plan was to go
    RT-HW-HW-CH-HW-HW-repeat
    this to keep up tidal waves and the totem proc as much as possible.
    Or what do you think?
    This is the "rotation" I was planning to use. However, mind you, I also have 4-piece T10 so I'm hoping CH crits and leaves a HoT rolling on her.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

For this to be viable, you'd have to spam nothing but CH all the time