Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: RESTO - Healing Valithria

Don't really need to involve riptide in your stationary rotation since you're moving towards portals enough that you can nearly use it on CD anyways.

As I see it (since I'm doing it aswell) people that are using Riptide in their ordinary rotation is most likely the ones who uses 2p T9 and 2p T10 on this fight. Having riptide crits for over 30k (+ the extra healing that comes from ancestral awekening and the hot) makes it usefull to use the riptide in the rotation (especially if you are using the 264 relic).

So far I have killed her 4 times (2 times in 10man and 2 times in 25man) while using this rotation 3 out of 4 times: Riptide > HW > HW > LHW (completely ignore the LHW during BL). That gave me a HPS that reached a bit over 33k (cant remember the exact number). HW critting for 123k (with my SP-gear) which makes ancestral awakening throwing her another heal for around 36k (assuming she's has the lowest amount of HP in % which she usually has since 90% of my ancestral awekening procs were on Dreamwalker).

Last time I tried her in 25-man I tried using the Chain heal rotation (while using 245 relic) and just throwing riptide while moving and I managed to pull around 27k HPS. Now, I do believe it will be higher with 4p-bonus (I did not use it since I lack some emblems) but i really doubt it will increase by 6k. This makes the rotation viable (all of them are viable since the boss is a complete joke when you think about it) but if you are trying to get the encounter done with as fast as possible I wouldn't hesitate for one second about using riptide in the rotation instead of chain heal. Since chain heal cant proc ancestral awekening (riptide can) I can almost assure everyone of you that a Riptide > HW-rotation (using whatever the fuck you want after the two tidal waves are out) are better than a rotation including chain heal. Maybe not a lot better since it differs from fight to fight how many stacks you can get which makes it hard to actually do some real math (unless you actually try on two different occasions to just stack the buff to 25 or something and stop there).

Anyway, its a ridiculous fight (at least when it comes to normal) but I think we all can agree that a Shaman would be best suited for healing the Dreamwalker. Atleast not when I have been looking on some stats posted on the intraweb. For guilds who uses other healers than shamans the fight have been taking longer to go through than guilds that has been using shamans.

My guild recently changed the strat, having two resto shaman and one holy paladin in for every portal, with other healers swapping out for mana reasons.

As such, I've changed my rotation to RT-HW-HW-LHW. I use Glyph of Healing Wave and Glyph of Lesser Healing Wave (with my ES on Valithria) and Glyph of Riptide, and my Ancestral Awakening procs are UNGODLY high. I do swap to using heroic Solace/Althor's Abacus and the pvp LHW totem (the frost emblem one would also be amazing, but I dont have the emblems for it yet). Basically I dump any mp5 I can for bonus SP/Crit.

My guild has an issue with people sniping healing portals, though, so its pretty important that you set that up somehow. I lost my stacks a few times because someone would run up and grab the portal I was literally standing on.

Quote Originally Posted by aminix
    33,437 HPS

Chain Heal -> Healing Wave -> Healing Wave

Using Chain heal 245 totem(nearly better in every situation than the 264 riptide totem).
    Using 3/3 Healing Way.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-uf...?s=6568&e=6909
    It amazes me how bad some people are at math. The 245 totem gives you +234 sp for 15s with a 60% chance to proc. The RT totem gives you (85*3=255) sp with a 100% chance to proc per cast. The uptime on the 245 totem is about ~70%, and the uptime on the 264 totem is 90%+. So more sp+more uptime = bad?

Quote Originally Posted by lostincoma
    My guild has an issue with people sniping healing portals, though, so its pretty important that you set that up somehow. I lost my stacks a few times because someone would run up and grab the portal I was literally standing on.
    If this is a problem your probably doing something screwy as the only people who should be using the portals are the dream-walker healer, generally 1-2 in 10 man 3-4 in 25 man. Just mark the people taking the portals and make sure they get up in the 15+ seconds where the portal locations are out

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23323
    It amazes me how bad some people are at math. The 245 totem gives you +234 sp for 15s with a 60% chance to proc. The RT totem gives you (85*3=255) sp with a 100% chance to proc per cast. The uptime on the 245 totem is about ~70%, and the uptime on the 264 totem is 90%+. So more sp+more uptime = bad?
    You need to calm down.

-245 totem doesn't take a minimum of 18 seconds to reach it's full potential like the 264 totem.
    -245 totem is up 100% of the time because in 99% of fights shamans chain heal more than 3 times every 15 seconds.

If you were using chain heal and riptide exactly the same amount, sure the 264 would be better, but most shamans only use riptide when they're forced to be mobile and someone needs a spot heal. Personally I could see a situation where I don't use riptide in 15 seconds way more than a situation where I don't use chain heal in 15 seconds. The 20 somewhat spell power doesn't seem at all worth the 18 second build up if the buff happens to fall off.

Deleted

I tried this fight a few times in 10 man but I wasn't so good at it cause I sometimes didn't get fast enough to the portals cause I got slowed by an aoe frostbolt and wasn't nearby a portal, but more cause I had some problems getting the clouds fast enough in the portal. I sometimes had to maneuvre over a cloud for 3-5 seconds before I absorbed it. What could I be doing wrong? How can you get to a cloud quickly enough so you can gather enough stacks? Only had 9k hps cause of this problem.

Deleted

You shouldn't ever have a problem jumping straight into a portal. The green beams appear in plenty of time to get to them before the portal actually spawns. Basically don't wait for the portals before moving.

You shouldn't have much of an issue getting the 1st orb as there is almost always 1 directly above you when you enter. Aim to get an orb just before you leave to give you a decent amount of time on the next portal to refresh your stack though. How many you get in between is less important than the 1st and last orbs.

As for actually hitting the orbs it can often be quite frustrating. I've heard zooming camera into first person mode helps but really just practice seems to help most. First night I struggled to maintain my stack, since then it's got easier and easier.

You need to calm down.

-245 totem doesn't take a minimum of 18 seconds to reach it's full potential like the 264 totem.
    -245 totem is up 100% of the time because in 99% of fights shamans chain heal more than 3 times every 15 seconds.

If you were using chain heal and riptide exactly the same amount, sure the 264 would be better, but most shamans only use riptide when they're forced to be mobile and someone needs a spot heal. Personally I could see a situation where I don't use riptide in 15 seconds way more than a situation where I don't use chain heal in 15 seconds. The 20 somewhat spell power doesn't seem at all worth the 18 second build up if the buff happens to fall off.
    I heard its hard to stack the totem up before engaging. Can someone confirm this?

You need to calm down.

Last time I checked, this wasn't Sunwell. GOOD shamans =/= chain heal bot. On fights like BQL and Putricide P3, Sind P2, and LK infest, sure we chain heal alot. The rest of the time, not so much (at least you shouldn't be).

Actually, for most encounters, you should be using a lot more LHW and RT than chain heal, since there really isn't significant AoE raid damage on most phases of most fights. If you have 2T10 and you aren't casting RT every 6-10 seconds, you're bad. Pretty simple. And if you are chain healing so much, and NOT using Riptide, you're stupid. Its really that simple. Hmm..would I like ~600 haste on my next spell cast? NOPE! Would I like +25% healing to my chain heal? NOPE!

sooo, "im all up in your soul %t wreckin up the place, and lookin at your crap" thread ressed

started attempts on dreamwalker last night, to get rick rolled 15 or so times, comp was
    1 prot pala
    1 blood tank
    1 unholy dps
    1 boomie
    1 combat rogue
    1 ret pala (4 pala's wtf?)
    1 arcane/frost mage
    2 holy pala's
    1 resto shammy

what happened was we were taking LOTS of raid damage, killing off dps and tanks w/e so i figured stacking portal buff would help, but we cant send in all the healers, so send the holy pala's and i stay out and raid heal while theyre gone? or do i go in to keep the raid up while they spam heal the dragon? idk, lookin for general advice like "EARTH ELE TOTEM SAVED MY LIFE!!" idk, help

Figure out why everyone is taking so much damage. If you are doing things right it shouldn't be too hard to heal the raid.

First obvious one is Blazing skeletons, http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=36791. Lay waste does exactly that. Need to kill em quickly.

The blistering zombies explode and deal a fair amount of damage to those around them. Have the melees back of before they explode. http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=37934

The gluttonous abominations do have a minor ae but are more dangerous because of the rot worms that spawn. Be ready to handle the worms and ae them down fast. http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=37886

Quote Originally Posted by evan_s
    Figure out why everyone is taking so much damage. If you are doing things right it shouldn't be too hard to heal the raid.

First obvious one is Blazing skeletons, http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=36791. Lay waste does exactly that. Need to kill em quickly.

The blistering zombies explode and deal a fair amount of damage to those around them. Have the melees back of before they explode. http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=37934

The gluttonous abominations do have a minor ae but are more dangerous because of the rot worms that spawn. Be ready to handle the worms and ae them down fast. http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=37886
    thank you kindly man, lookin back and talkin to the raidleader, was dps's fault, having a hard time getting them coordinated, also melee getting off the zombies, again, ty

You're preaching to the choir bro. I'm actually one of the rare shamans that uses LHW/Chain heal equally as much. You don't need to explain to me how chain heal zombies are worthless. With that said though, I still believe the risk of the 264 totem buff falling off is much higher. Riptide is really just a filler for when we're forced to move. The GCD is really not worth the 20% haste/(pathetic)buff to chain heal/4-7k heal in a stationary rotation. Very rarely do I not precast chain heal on tank/melee when the ranged is topped off, so the 245 totem really has no chance of falling off and even if it does, it only takes a couple seconds to get back. They need to increase the spell power bonus of the 264 totem. 21 spell power for 30 emblems and longer build up time is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23323
    Its amazing how bad you are at math, because healing valithria with a RT rotation is the lower HPS rotation. Even a plain LHW spam will provide more hps at roughly 1269 haste.
    Right before the portal despawns you RT yourself (20%haste) and then its just CH->HW->HW. First of as it was already mentioned you have a 100% totemproc, then Tidal waves is never falling off. This is a discussion of the Valithria Dreamwalker encounter and not about what you heal at putricide or at any other encounter.

I just have to add the usefulness in the heroic version to glyph for HW.

When I did this on 10 man I got quite a few stacks (about 20) pop'ed hero got a priest to use there preyer cd that increases healing taken and spammed healing wave like no tomorrow and was getting around 70 - 90k (cant remember exactly) and it was over in no time at that point. I only use healing wave once I had hero other than that I found it better for mana (when I did not have stacks or very few) to just keep ES up and spam LHW with the relentless totem.

Updating from our kill tonight.

I've tried using 4Pt10 with 245relic and the Chain heal > HW > HW rotation which gave me around 32k hps (while reaching the same amount of stacks as i always do).

Tonight I used 2pT10, 2pT9 and the 264 relic while using this rotation: Riptide > HW > HW > LHW > LHW (while having ES on Dreamwalker) and repeat. Still getting at the same amount of stacks. The link below shows why atleast I use this rotation and not the chain heal one with 245 relic.

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/8...mwalkerhps.jpg

And yes, i have covered all the names etc to remain anonymous.