[Spoiler] Future of Darion Mograine

If you're reading this you already know the ending.

What now of Darion and the Deathknights? He said they weren't for this world once The Lich King is dead.

Will they stay to watch over Bolvar and make sure the shit doesn't hit the fan?

I'm assuming he'll want his Ashbringer back.

"My son, one day you will command the Ashbringer, but that day is not today.. Do NOT forget"
    [size=1]Cataclysm 10 man raiding guild looking for skilled players.

Re: [Spoiler] Future of Darion Mograine

The holy power of the cleansed ashbringer will probably burn through his undead flesh. So unless they find a true cure for the plague that doesn't involve dead, he won't wield it and it will stay a fathers (and sons) dream forever.
    There is still (again) a lich king. So yes, they still belong here and will hopefully be involved in cataclysm some way. (Otherwise death knights could just go away)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Reinforced
    If you're reading this you already know the ending.

What now of Darion and the Deathknights? He said they weren't for this world once The Lich King is dead.

I'm assuming he'll want his Ashbringer back.

"My son, one day you will command the Ashbringer, but that day is not today.. Do NOT forget"
    You kind of answered your own question. The Lich King isn't dead so obviously they're not going anywhere.

Also, there are mulitple ways that quote can be taken and nobody but Blizzard knows for sure, but I think it's one of those that get taken in the wrong context pretty often. Alexandros was talking to a young Darion in the memory telling him that he was too young to come with him to fight the Scourge. He then tells him that one day Darion will wield Ashbringer and Lordaeron would be a better place because of it. He was basically saying when he dies, Darion will be given Ashbringer and be a champion of the light like his father and battle the Scourge as the new Ashbringer. Cut to the present, where Darion wields the Ashbringer and Lordaeron is a worse place because of it. He realizes how far he's fallen and what he's done in a misguided attempt to save his father's soul, and was the last straw as he breaks the Lich King's control shortly after.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Like a lot of unfortunate warriors returning from service, Mograine and all the Death Knights will become security guards that take their job too seriously. I saw it in a movie once.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by snootay View Post
    You kind of answered your own question. The Lich King isn't dead so obviously they're not going anywhere.

Also, there are mulitple ways that quote can be taken and nobody but Blizzard knows for sure, but I think it's one of those that get taken in the wrong context pretty often. Alexandros was talking to a young Darion in the memory telling him that he was too young to come with him to fight the Scourge. He then tells him that one day Darion will wield Ashbringer and Lordaeron would be a better place because of it. He was basically saying when he dies, Darion will be given Ashbringer and be a champion of the light like his father and battle the Scourge as the new Ashbringer. Cut to the present, where Darion wields the Ashbringer and Lordaeron is a worse place because of it. He realizes how far he's fallen and what he's done in a misguided attempt to save his father's soul, and was the last straw as he breaks the Lich King's control shortly after.

under normal terms this would be true, but in the death knight starting area right before Darion gives the Ashbringer to Tirion he whispers.."That day is not today..." so even when he had the currupted ashbringer, and realised that lordaeron will be better of without the scourge, he still thinks that one day that day will come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno about the Ashbringer issue, in my opinion it is staying with Tirion, but Darion and the Ebon Blade might play a part in the Sylvanas storyline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinforced View Post
    That's how I see it.

Next expansion -

"The return of the Lich King!" and easy heroics, go!