Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Ghadamon's Power Auras Guide

Any idea how I do this?

- Show "Exorcism" if "Action Useable" but only if I have the buff "Art of War"

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN
    Is there any way to track when a target is below a set ammount of health, say 35% ?

Yes I am aware there are other ways of tracking it. But none as fancy as power auras :P
    Recently made this one myself for drain soul.

Activation by: Health
    You can set the Threshold to 35% or 34% what have you
    Then check 'Enemy Target'

Personally, I have a trigger set to tell me when I have the Decimation buff, but to each his own.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    Recently made this one myself for drain soul.

Activation by: Health
    You can set the Threshold to 35% or 34% what have you
    Then check 'Enemy Target'

Personally, I have a trigger set to tell me when I have the Decimation buff, but to each his own.
    Cheers, i'm embarrased that it was so simple... :P

Now I have another question.

Instead of making a timer for every curse, I made a icon/timer for curse of agony and curse of doom in one to see if it worked. It did, thats not the problem.
    But say I start of with curse of doom, and alter on swap to curse of agony. I need to retarget that target in order for the icon to change.

Is there any way to make it change of its own?

15+ Year Old Account

Instead of making a timer for every curse, I made a icon/timer for curse of agony and curse of doom in one to see if it worked. It did, thats not the problem.
    But say I start of with curse of doom, and alter on swap to curse of agony. I need to retarget that target in order for the icon to change.
    Is there any way to make it change of its own?
    Yes, make two triggers, one for doom one for agony, would talke you about 20secs. However strongly sugest warlocks use a dottimer instead of spamming visual icons in a mass for dots, procs etc. Quartz is the best one out there since it also cover so many other things you will need like castbars, channeling with ticks indicators, focus target etc.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, make two triggers, one for doom one for agony, would talke you about 20secs. However strongly sugest warlocks use a dottimer instead of spamming visual icons in a mass for dots, procs etc. Quartz is the best one out there since it also cover so many other things you will need like castbars, channeling with ticks indicators, focus target etc.
    Cheers, and I allready use fortexorcist (sp?) as my dot timer, I just use powerauras for the visual effects. Which so far ahve been a huge help.

which of the above guides would i use to track my Earth Shield? i need it to show not only the time remaining but the stacks as well. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dreizehn
    which of the above guides would i use to track my Earth Shield? i need it to show not only the time remaining but the stacks as well. any help would be appreciated. thanks.
    It's not very hard. You can use any buff example to make the trigger itself, and any stack example (molten core) to get ur stacks in order and any timer example for the duration left.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Thank for this guide. It really helped me out when I was first starting with Power Auras. I thought the interface was quite intimidating but with your guide I managed to get everything working just fine

15+ Year Old Account

Yea PA can look pretty WHAT at first glance but doing really basic but a ton of usefull triggers is doable in a short time. Same with most good addons, Quartz is like a maze at first glance and I used it for years and still get lost sometimes

I tried scanning the thread for what I was looking for but didn't see it and could be overlooking it. I wanted to play around with an example on my priest in which I can then export it on other toons. I have an aura setup atm and its somewhat doing what I want it to do. What it should be doing is when there are 2-3 seconds left on a debuff I have on the mob I want it to pop up on the screen signaling for it to be cast again. What the aura is doing currently atm is either showing up when its completely off (inverted turned on) or staying up the entire time (inverted turned off).

Is there something I'm missing? I tried altering the "Stacks" to <2, >2, <=2, >=2, =2 and nothing and I'm guessing because its not a "stack" per say.
    Code:
    Version:st3.0.0E; gcd:bofalse; b:nu1; anim1:nu4; g:nu1; optunitn:bofalse; ignoremaj:botrue; stacksLower:nu0; target:botrue; icon:st; size:nu0.14000000059605; torsion:nu1; r:nu1; y:nu73; x:nu-2; customname:st; groupany:botrue; isAlive:botrue; timerduration:nu0; unitn:st; bufftype:nu2; stacks:nu0; focus:bofalse; raid:bofalse; texture:nu1; alpha:nu0.75; aurastext:st; symetrie:nu0; owntex:botrue; isResting:bofalse; duration:nu0; mine:botrue; multiids:st; inVehicle:bofalse; speed:nu1; anim2:nu0; stacksOperator:st=; realaura:nu1; threshold:nu50; exact:bofalse; textaura:bofalse; wowtex:bofalse; groupOrSelf:bofalse; customsound:st; combat:botrue; id:nu3; inParty:nu0; HideRequest:bofalse; Active:bofalse; aurastextfont:nu1; buffname:stShadow Word: Pain; inRaid:nu0; tooltipCheck:st; customtex:bofalse; stance:nu10; spec2:bofalse; isSecondary:bofalse; thresholdinvert:bofalse; spec1:botrue; Debug:bofalse; beginSpin:bofalse; Showing:bofalse; UseOldAnimations:bofalse; begin:nu0; off:bofalse; party:bofalse; texmode:nu2; inverse:botrue; ismounted:bofalse; targetfriend:bofalse; randomcolor:bofalse; sound:nu0; finish:nu1

@Lucetia

It's not the stacks. Go into the Timer option and on the bottom move the slider to Invert Aura When Time Below: 2

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

I haven't even read this - but thank you! very happy to have stumbled upon this, have been meaning to utilize Powerauras for a while now... until another night!

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    It's not very hard. You can use any buff example to make the trigger itself, and any stack example (molten core) to get ur stacks in order and any timer example for the duration left.
    unfortunately i just can't get it to work. i've tried everything and neither the icon or the timer will show. any tips?

Hey sorry to be a pain but can you do anything with power auras when lock and load procs for hunters? I have been trying to make it work but are having no luck. Anything you can show me to get this to work?

Cheers mate
    Manglez

Hey, first I'd like to say thanks for the great guide,

I've been using Power Auras for a while now, but never realised you make complex triggers like that for example, or that you could make abilities use their own textures (I always used PowA default ones till now)

I do have a question though, not so much about how to work a trigger, more about differences in looks..

I saw your example for Necrotic Plague in http://www.mmo-champion.com/interfac...uras-examples/ and decided to import that one, and use it as a base for some other debuffs to track.

I tried making one for Death Plague (Frost Giant from one of the weeklies in ICC), and noticed something weird.

As you can see in that picture, your example for Necrotic Plague has a solid clear image, where mine above it, stays seethrough, even with Opacity turned to 100%

Also, how did you get the black background for the timer? I can't figure it out, and without that background my timer just isn't visible on the icon, as you can see.

Oh, and another thing that bugs me, you keep mentioning a duration slider, and in your imported aura, there is one (see picture)

That slider is missing in all my other auras though

Thanks in advance for any feedback I might receive

15+ Year Old Account

Hi Therm.

* You got the Glow setting enabled, you will see it in the Activation tab at the top. Disable that and you wont have a sort of dim icon.

* To get/not get a black backround you need to switch the Use Transperant Background setting.

* You're sure you have the latest/a later version of PA and not an old one?

Wow, one button fixed both problems :P

I updated it...2 days ago I think? Curse client couldn't find it though, so I downloaded it manually from their site, but the latest update there was 4 months ago or something I think.

Is there a place where I can get a more up to date one then?

15+ Year Old Account

Version: 3.0.0E

Same as mine.

Weird how it shows up in your aura that I imported, but not in the others...

Maybe it has something to do with how the trigger is set up?

Oh, and thanks for the help btw, forgot to say that

15+ Year Old Account

Some options are only available/visible depending on other settings chosed but if you copied my and dont see it then you must have done something wrong since we use the same version