Rotface: Druid or Warrior tank?

Casual 10 Man guild :

Since Festergut / Rotface came out, we’ve downed them every week. Now, our last raid (sun) we lost one of our Regular DPS (Spriest) who could pull a good 5-6k on Rotface, and he could be out for the next few weeks. We had to get another guildy, and the only one close to 5k was our 2nd guild Boomkin. So our set up was the following

Tanks: Druid(me), Warrior
    Healers: Sham, HPriest, HPala
    DPS: Boomkin x 2, DK (Unholy), Rogue, Warlock

Possibilities: 1 Boomkin can tank, the Sham can DPS and I can heal, so in terms of switching round, these are the options we have.

Right anyway, with this new setup we kept wiping to either the enrage timer or the frequency of the mutagen infected char. The closest we got was 250k, which was agonising.

My question is, if I tank the boss, the rogue gets a 30% increase to his Bleed effects. But if the warrior tanks the boss, both the rogue and the DK get a constant 20% armor reduction (Sunder). I average 3-3.4k dps on static boss fights, the warrior does about 2.5(ish).

Which of these would maximise our total raid DPS? What would you change to our set up? Also, when would you BL? (Currently doing is after about 4 seconds into the fight, after the tank has agro)

OT. I don’t know an awful lot about rogues, but would expose armor mess around with there rotation too much for it to be viable or…?

Last note, we have not tried 2 man healing it, but whenever I suggest it, all 3 healers shoot me down saying that the fight is too healing intensive, especially at after the first 2 minutes.

I can’t access the armory, but my druid is on Karazhan EU - Bullybully

Re: Rotface: Druid or Warrior tank?

It's relatively easy to 2 man heal it, just depends on the gear / skill of your healer's.

Quote Originally Posted by paul2k9
    It's relatively easy to 2 man heal it, just depends on the gear / skill of your DPS.
    Fixed. Rotface is all about people not standing in crap. If people don't stand in stuff then you only need to heal the tank (who doesn't get hit very hard), the OT (who might get hit once every 10-15 seconds), and the person with the mutated injection (who gets dispelled from your holy priest and then no longer needs healing).

Your rogue shouldn't be using bleeds, so the Mangle debuff is irrelevant.

Both Mutilate and Combat rotations are now better off Rupture-less, and you get more DPS from just using Envenom if Mutilate, and Eviscerate/SnD as combat.

For that reason, I would have the warrior MT the boss to keep up Sunder.

We also find Druids to be better add tanks anyway, as the short cooldown Faerie Fire is better at keeping enough threat on the big slimes without getting close to them.

EDIT: Use Bloodlust in the final 30%, when Mutated Injection starts happening more frequently.

ditch one of your healers and have them go dps. Or have the paladin go prot to offtank the red ooze (druids and warriors aren't great at it) and have the warrior go fury.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzey
    EDIT: Use Bloodlust in the final 30%, when Mutated Injection starts happening more frequently.
    Use bloodlust as close to the beginning of the fight as possible. The increase in frequency is timer-based, not percentage based, so you're better off using BL when more people can benefit from it.

See the discussion in this thread, especially posts like this.

Well in our 10 man we use two healers and blow Bloodlust at the beginning of the fight. Using a druid tank on the boss and maybe the warrior as tthe off tank works although we use a paladin because it seems easier for them to kite well. Although that might be just because the paladin is better at kiting ........ I know I kinda suck at it personally.

Quote Originally Posted by EektheCat
    Well in our 10 man we use two healers and blow Bloodlust at the beginning of the fight. Using a druid tank on the boss and maybe the warrior as tthe off tank works although we use a paladin because it seems easier for them to kite well. Although that might be just because the paladin is better at kiting ........ I know I kinda suck at it personally.
    Yeah Both DK and Paladin are the best kiter for that fight. Druid and Warrior does not have a lot of range move to keep the threat on the big oozes.

That why, I push for the idea of Druid/Paladin, Druid/DK, Warrior/Paladin, Warrior/DK, and Paladin/DK combo. Druid/Warrior is harder because both of them need to be hit to gain more rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    Use bloodlust as close to the beginning of the fight as possible. The increase in frequency is timer-based, not percentage based, so you're better off using BL when more people can benefit from it.

See the discussion in this thread, especially posts like this.
    I stand corrected! We don't have the luxury of bloodlust in our raids, so I've never looked into it that much :

I stand corrected! We don't have the luxury of bloodlust in our raids, so I've never looked into it that much :
    It is harder to kill both of them without bloodlust, but my guild did it in ten man.

15+ Year Old Account

My 10-man has no bloodlust either... WTB drums of bloodlust! I had just read it in a nice long discussion in the Raid & Dungeons forum. (Incidentally, that's where the quote in my sig came from.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    My 10-man has no bloodlust either... WTB drums of bloodlust! I had just read it in a nice long discussion in the Raid & Dungeons forum. (Incidentally, that's where the quote in my sig came from.)
    I've taken part in many Drum of BL discussions in the past, as a 10man only guild adhering to the guildox 10man strict rankings and their rules - lack of bloodlust has really hurt us in the past.

It always comes down to the good old blizzard quote though that 10mans are not balanced around bloodlust... well if that's the case, then BL certainly trivialises certain fights (AnubHC, Putricide and hell even faction champions comes to mind).

Either share the love, or remove bloodlust entirely in Cataclysm, teehee

Kiting tank only has to hold agro against heal agro, faerie fire each cooldown is fine, warrior has a hard job of it.

If your gear is weak watch omen, big oozes are perfectly tauntable, be ready to taunt back and faerie fire(after taunting) if a healer is going to pass you by 30%(ranged agro).

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by axxey
    Kiting tank only has to hold agro against heal agro, faerie fire each cooldown is fine, warrior has a hard job of it.

If your gear is weak watch omen, big oozes are perfectly tauntable, be ready to taunt back and faerie fire(after taunting) if a healer is going to pass you by 30%(ranged agro).
    Warrior has it easy actually. Shield slam when it's transforming and targetable, then take off and heroic throw. You put your vag (vigilance) on the Rotface tank and you have no cooldown on taunt. If you have a hunter though 1 misdirect solves the aggro issue completely.

Here's a fun one though. Tanking slimes on a paladin with 2 healers (shaman,druid) so you have to cleanse the raid and kite and freedom yourself.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Pff, we have our offtank go dps and one of the ranged dps kites the add. They can even throw in some dps if you use a mage or a warlock because of blink and teleport.
    Quote Originally Posted by ant1pathy
    The definition of balance is when all the classes are whining at the same time, at the same volume.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelmi
    Pff, we have our offtank go dps and one of the ranged dps kites the add. They can even throw in some dps if you use a mage or a warlock because of blink and teleport.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.