Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Healing Valithria Dreamwalker as a Priest

We did this fight on Wednesday successfully and I will shed some light on the encounter for you all.

First off, after 2 GS are cast on her, she becomes immune for 1 minute to them. So you need to use them wisely. I like to pop two at the beginning and then each time after healers come out of the portal.

My healer makeup for this encounter was...

2 resto druids
    2 holy priests
    2 holy paladins
    1 resto shaman

In my guild, we popped heroism right at the beginning and got about 13% healed up right away. The reason we popped it at the beginning is because it the most amount of time everyone will heal the boss. FYI you can bandage her (lol).

We had the Paladins and the druids the only ones entering the portals for the healing buff everytime. We alternated sending in the priests for the mana regen. The shaman just stood out there healing the raid.

Sending in all healers at once is a stupid idea because then there is nobody healing the raid. Once you enter the portal, you are stuck there for 20 seconds. You leave the portal and have about 20 seconds of raw healing on her and the raid.

The only ability you have to cleanse off her is the disease. You need fire, frost and nature auras up. Make sure those suppressors get taken down ASAP. The only debuff you should be cleansing off players is the disease on the tanks also. Don't worry about the frost volley debuff. It's just a slow for 4 seconds (not a big deal).

Most of the time, I would throw renews, SoL flash heals and binding heals on her and just heal the raid up.

The key factor is making sure you chain the buff. If it drops off for w/e reason, it will probably be a wipe.

As long as DPS and tanks can control the adds and not fail at raid mechanics (aka void zones), this fight should end quickly.

Here is our WoL parse if you are interested. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...=10362&e=10766

Just a note... BL at the beginning is very, very poor ability management. You should be saving BL and most other long cool-downs for at least the third portal. By using BL early you might get a few extra people healing for the beginning, but that's 'normal' healers. By the third portal you've got four demigods striding across the earth dropping 50k+ heals. You should honestly wait until the first time the portal healers come out after she emotes. At that point adds pile up faster and your healers should have 20+ stacks. You're now using BL on the equivalent of 12 healers. Our Ret Paladins switch to Holy so we actually 8 heal it with 4 Paladins going in. With 20 stacks that's like having 12 Paladins chaining 1 second 40k+ Holy Lights. The line that up with a GS on her and wings + 2pT10. Yeah, it's the difference between the 'yay we killed her' kills with 13k HPS healers and the 'lulz' kills with 20k+ HPS healers.

Hah, ther's way too much anxiety about her, she's just easy.

It's just like worrying about how-to-heal on Saurfang when he's a complete faceroll.

Just did her 10 man last night, had me (a holy priest) and a holy pally go in the portals. I went in the second portal opening, after having drained my mana using GS and Greater heals on her, using the portal gave me back all my mana. Then drained my mana healing her again and just popped Shadowfiend and GS and never went back in the portal. The holy pally was the main source of healing for Valithria, as he kept his healing buff stacks up and ended up with around 25 stacks, doing 150k healing crits with GS up on the boss. Made it pretty easy.

You do have infinite mana there, use glyph of guardian spirit and use it on her every cd, while spamming Greater Heal.
    If disc use PI on paladin. Easy fight overall.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Myzrael
    You do have infinite mana there, use glyph of guardian spirit and use it on her every cd, while spamming Greater Heal.
    If disc use PI on paladin. Easy fight overall.
    Note that if you have two holy priests, there's a 1 min ICD on guardian spirit still.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by meddle
    Can anyone figure out why, at times, you will be able to use GS on Valithria without any errors and other times it will say "invalid target"?
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=72232

Read the buff (NOT the spell itself). Look at the spell it's triggered by.

You can only use GS every 60 seconds on her, meaning one priest with the glyph will be enough for this fight.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara