Ret paladin question

Hello fellow paladins,

i recently leveled a paladin to level 80 and i am having major mana issues in Heroics. I am judging with wisdom and using seal of command on multitarget fights and vengeance on single target fights >40 seconds. I had read up on paladin abilities and the rotations to use for wich situation. So my question to you is: How do i keep my mana up without using seal of wisdom?

Thanks in advance,

Crona

Re: Ret paladin question

Do you have judgements of the wise?

Link to your armory would help.

It's pretty rare for a paladin to have mana issues. Spam less consecrate, use less exorcism. Believe it or not I had a ret in my random daily who was using exorcism more often than crusader strike.

Provide an armory link to get better (any) help. I couldn't find a crona paladin on either eu or us armory (didn't look into it very deeply). Spec into Judgement of the wise (3/3 - simply use the spec that is recommended in the guides) and use Judgement on high priority.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Ret pallies shoudl almost never have mana problems.

Divine plea, Judgement of wisdom, the talents = no way you can run out of mana

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    Believe it or not I had a ret in my random daily who was using exorcism more often than crusader strike.
    That's pretty impressive.

I sometimes run low on mana in heroics, but that's mostly fixed by Divine Plea between trash pulls.

I also use Arcane torrent when it's up, but I realize you may not be a Blood elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Riek
    Ret pallies shoudl almost never have mana problems.

Divine plea, Judgement of wisdom, the talents = no way you can run out of mana
    2T10 can get mana heavy. So you could actually write almost never.
    Samin
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Ret pallys do not have mana issues even when going all out. I regularly perform DPS tests on target dummies that last as long as it takes me to do 8-10M damage. During those tests, I use each of my highest priority abilities without any concern for mana. Over the course of a 10M damage test, I might clip 1 or 2 consecrates just to guarantee that I don't OOM. By using Judgement of Wisdom, popping Divine Plea during an open GCD, and being talented for Judgements of the Wise you should never have any issues at all. If you're a BE, Arcane Torrent is FTW. Its off the global and returns ~380 mana for an unbuffed ret.

Because replenishment is based off of your mana pool, any number of raid buffs will further increase your mana regeneration.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Ret pallies can have mana issues for two reasons:
    1) As previously mentioned, 2pt10 is very mana heavy. Without raid buffs (especially mana tide totem or BoW), I usually end up dropping consecration. Judging every cooldown and using Divine Plea every cooldown simply does not return enough mana for the occasional 4-cooldown Divine Storm chain.

2) The reason I suspect that your new pally is having mana issues is because your judgments aren't hitting frequently enough. If your hit rating is below the cap, it is the easiest issue you can fix. A single missed judgment isn't a huge deal, but two in a row can be killer. Another suggestion I have is that you move Judgment up to your highest priority action. While I understand that theorycrafting suggests using Crusader Strike first (until you have either 2pt9 or 2pt10 bonuses), the easiest fix to your specific mana problem is to judge more often. Finally, though it should go without saying, make certain that you have both points in improved judgments. More judgments hitting the target more frequently will remove any issues with mana you could have.

I hope that this helps!

Thanks for the help guys, i for some reason missed divine plea. This fixed my mana issues. I also only use exorcism now when Art of War procs.

Thanks again!

Crona

Quote Originally Posted by Crona
    Thanks for the help guys, i for some reason missed divine plea. This fixed my mana issues. I also only use exorcism now when Art of War procs.

Thanks again!

Crona
    You shouldn't really have issues with art of war not being up, you've got a 15 second window between exorcisms to get a melee crit from auto attack, DS, judgement, or crusader strike.

Deleted

It is very possible to run oom in heavy AoE fights, especially if you don't get BoW/totem and mage int buffs to increase Replenishment's effect. In such situations you just need to give Judgements an even higher priority. Also drink between fights and save DP for fights. Judging critters like rats while out of combat is useful as well. (However, Judgement of Righteousness also causes a SoR proc, which kills a critter/CoS zombie before the Judgement lands => no mana) With the best drinks your 6k mana pool is filled in a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret
    With the best drinks your 6k mana pool is filled in a few seconds.
    If you're new to WoW, this is worth pointing out. Don't start a fight short on mana- drink before the pull if you need to. With the lvl 80 water available now and our relatively small mana pools, filling up is fast and inexpensive. Starting a fight at 20% mana makes it a lot easier to run out.

-SB
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    RAFing yourself is totally allowed.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret
    It is very possible to run oom in heavy AoE fights, especially if you don't get BoW/totem and mage int buffs to increase Replenishment's effect. In such situations you just need to give Judgements an even higher priority. Also drink between fights and save DP for fights. Judging critters like rats while out of combat is useful as well. (However, Judgement of Righteousness also causes a SoR proc, which kills a critter/CoS zombie before the Judgement lands => no mana) With the best drinks your 6k mana pool is filled in a few seconds.
    running with SoR in CoS = epic fail

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    Is SoR in CoS more or less fail than xferring to an EU server?

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Is SoR in CoS more or less fail than xferring to an EU server?
    to play with a good friend no.. until you realise is not that good has a friend and drop out
    its not really xferring since it doesnt exist in that kind of way (damn you Blizzard!! :'(), i started fresh with a new account

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    I fixed that for you.

Also if the question seems to be solved. I really wonder how you could need divine plea (without 2T10). There is something not right I think.
    Samin

10+ Year Old Account

havent seen an Armory Link so far so imnot sure if it is fixed either

i think Judge of the wise isnt specced caus without 2pc t10 i never needed DP in 5s or 10 or ever ^^

With 2pc t10 i have it in my FCFS rota and it is quite handy

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    I fixed that for you.

Also if the question seems to be solved. I really wonder how you could need divine plea (without 2T10). There is something not right I think.
    It's a tradeoff, Sam. With 2T10, you are popping DS much more often and need the mana from Plea. Pre-2T10, you are popping Consecration on cd and need to Plea.