Rehia

Free Season 8 off pieces gear??!!?

I'm pretty surprised that no one is talking about how the new season 8 off piece gear doesnt require a team rating.
    The only peices that requires a team rating are the boots and waist (at 1400 for both). I dont get it. This kinda took away a fun aspect of the game. What do you guys think.

The gear still cost HP but no team requirement is needed is what I mean by free.

Re: Free Season 8 off pieces gear??!!?

maybe because there are also wintergrasp offset items (cloak+neck) which don't require arena rating either.

Explanation...

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...48781916&sid=1

Quote Originally Posted by Bornakk
    Arena Season 8 has now officially begun, and players can immediately begin competing for the new Wrathful Gladiator PvP item sets. We have reset all Arena team ratings, Arena points, and personal ratings though players retain their honor points and matchmaking rating going into the season.

Here is a list of some PvP items that will be available in Arena Season 8 and their expected rating requirements:

No Rating Required:
    Furious Chest
    Furious Legs
    Furious Gloves
    Furious Helm
    Furious Shoulders
    Relentless Bracer
    Relentless Belt
    Relentless Boots
    Relentless Neck
    Relentless Ring
    Relentless Cape
    Relentless Trinket
    Relentless Gloves
    Relentless Legs
    Relentless Chest
    Relentless Helm
    Relentless Shoulders
    Wrathful Bracer
    Wrathful Trinket
    Wrathful Cape
    Wrathful Neck
    Wrathful Ring

Rating Required:
    700+: Relentless Relics
    1300+: Wrathful Belt (honor)
    1400+: Wrathful Boots (honor)
    1400+: Wrathful Gloves
    1500+: Wrathful Legs
    1600+: Wrathful Chest
    1700+: Wrathful Wands/Relics/etc
    1800+: Wrathful Weapon - lvl264
    1950+: Wrathful Helm
    2000+: Wrathful Shoulders
    2200+: Wrathful Weapon - lvl277
    2300+: Wrathful Tabard

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor
    I assume no one is talking about this because it's nothing new, as far as I know it has been like this for quite a while.
    The 5 Wrathful (s8) pieces for no rating is very new, not to mention both the Furious main set and Relentless main set pieces available (again no rating for the Relentless main set [head, gloves, chest, legs, shoulders] - most likely just a higher cost).

Relentless main set im sure it will cost arena points and not just honor. Otherwise... god i can't even finish the sentence

I do remember seeing a blue post when answering a question about changes to residlence that since it was last season and major overhaul come cata that they would be more willing to try something different. Maybe they have applied this to the pvp gear as well. It's not like the pve gear is impossible to get.

edit

maybe one reason is the huge headway tier 10 pve had over pvp which is why they removed some of the rating requirments

Quote Originally Posted by Redlotus
    Relentless main set im sure it will cost arena points and not just honor. Otherwise... god i can't even finish the sentence
    The post (link above) is from a Blizz CM stating which items have no rating requirements, so I'm inclined to believe you need to finish that sentence.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by jd5
    The post (link above) is from a Blizz CM stating which items have no rating requirements, so I'm inclined to believe you need to finish that sentence.
    Arena rating != arena points.

Does anyone have the badge cost of the relentless sets?

Or honor price if its just that, but I doubt it, probably so many arena points along with honor.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Quote Originally Posted by f311
    Does anyone have the badge cost of the relentless sets?

Or honor price if its just that, but I doubt it, probably so many arena points along with honor.
    I have seen reports from two people now that they have bought the Wrathful gear listed above (w/ no rating) for honor only, so I'm gonna take a leap and assume all the above listed no rating gear is honor only (I cannot 100% confirm until I get home).

I saw a ss earlier today on the wow forums that had the Wrathful stuff on it listed at 50k and change honor. Now when I click the link I get the "don't hotlink message". Here is the link if anyone know how to search for it another way...

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8...0210123005.jpg

There is word also (no confirm yet) that you can also buy Relentless for frost badges (it was listed at 95 for 3 of the pieces and 60 for the other two, but again nothing confirmed on that yet).

Well if you think back to last season when Furious was the 'last season' gear. You could get those pieces with arena and honor points. They did require a rating but the rating was soo small. For example, the chest pieces were like 12,000 Honor, 700 Arena Points and required 1,000 team rating. If you join a team that is above 1,000 rating .... BAM, you now have 1,000 rating.

So they just took out the trivial 'rating' that you need to have to buy the 'last season' set pieces.

As for the s8 off pieces. I agree that they have taken out the arena rating for these since they are 'lesser' pieces to obtain over the others (weapons, sets, boots and waist)

It is really not hard at all to hit like 1400 personal rating, so again, why bother having trivial rating requirements like 1000-1200 when it is so easy to obtain them. I would even suggest them raising the minimum rating to at least 1500. I got to 1500 last season with a PvE (ilvl 232 & 245) hunter / PvE (mostly ilvl 232) rogue. Hunter/Rogue combo... when do you see that? No pvp gear, no heals, just pure "i kill you before you kill me" tactics. So really, it's just as 'free' as the 1500- rating required gear is.