Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Season 8 Gear, PvP Healing Changes, CoT Changes

LOL the 1.8 speed dagger has arpen on it. Mut rogues will enjoy this

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I just love all that many elemental shaman loot they gave us again, can't wait to loot them all... >
    Talking to Majordomo before we are all ready will give you a quest: [60][R]Looking for guild!

Jeeeesus Christ. People complaining about being able to buy stuff, that doesn't make your character any better than others, for real money are just... ugh.

Really, if you don't want to pay, then don't! Nobody's forcing you to, and it's a new feature, so if you don't buy it, you won't even notice any difference. It'd be something else if they changed the stuff already implented in-game to cost money to use, but no no, all you people simply have to start whining about how it's unfair that some people have more money than you do.

any one else notice that the names on the FAecbook page on the Wow launcher and bastardizations of the characters from the Guild?
    "Pain heal, Chicks Dig scars and Glory lasts for ever."

Quote Originally Posted by galvin
    I knew it was coming. People were delusional thinking that services were going to for pets and stuff only. That was only the test run. The next step is taking stuff in game to out of game. And crafting will probably be on the list. The whole thing disgusts me really. Either make this game based on services or monthly fees, but not both. Anyone thinks blizzard is not making enough money is crazy.
    Very good point right there.

BAAAAAAW NO-DETAILS ANNOUNCED FEATURE WILL RUIN ECONOMIES.

Christ sake. They didn't say you could even post auctions out of game. If you don't kneejerk yourself into a coma, it's easy to assume the feature will be: Free access to view the AH. Premium access to view, buy and cancel listings.

Don't want out-of-game AH scanners? One page of result per 5 seconds limit, whoops now it would take forty minutes to scan five-hundred pages.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)
    Since the launch of the World of Warcraft Armory, we've been regularly releasing updates and new features designed to help players stay connected to the game even when they're not logged in. Today, we wanted to give you a heads-up about a new service now in development that will let players access the Auction House directly through the Armory website or Armory App for iPhone or iPod touch.

While there are still plenty of details to be worked out, we're designing the service to offer auction functionality similar to what's available in-game. Players have been requesting -- and we've been hoping to implement -- a feature like this for a long time, and we're excited that the Armory and the game have evolved to a point that makes it possible.

This is a fairly complex service to develop, due in large part to its unprecedented integration with the game, so we don't have an exact release date yet. It's important to note here that certain elements of the service will be premium-based, which we'll go into more detail on once the service functionality is finalized. As with all of the services we offer, we plan to integrate the Auction House and Armory in a way that won't disrupt the gameplay experience, and we won't release it until it meets the quality standards that we've set for our other features and services. You may be seeing bits and pieces of the Auction House service pop up in the test builds we use for the public test realms as we go through the process of internal testing. We'll have more info to share with you here and at http://www.WorldofWarcraft.com as we get closer to release.
    It was only about 3 weeks ago I posted on MMO Champion if this would ever be a reality and got flamed to hell for it...

BOO'YA! IN YO FACE TROLLS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.

Anyone know the details of the older sets, arena requirements and so on.
    I just casually PvP, never liked Arenas.
    Would like to know what pieces I could pick up?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by dotSeed
    BAAAAAAW NO-DETAILS ANNOUNCED FEATURE WILL RUIN ECONOMIES.

Christ sake. They didn't say you could even post auctions out of game. If you don't kneejerk yourself into a coma, it's easy to assume the feature will be: Free access to view the AH. Premium access to view, buy and cancel listings.

Don't want out-of-game AH scanners? One page of result per 5 seconds limit, whoops now it would take forty minutes to scan five-hundred pages.
    ^^ exactly this.

I love it how people love to re-interpret something a Blizzard poster says to mean something completely different from the reality of what they actually said.

Seriously a Blizzard developer sneezes and all of a sudden we're talking about level 300 gear that also procs a My Little Pony pink mount , automatically does all your cooking for you and gives you access to your mail.

Nowhere in the announcement do I see exact details about how this "direct access" to the Auction House is going to work. The ability to see what something is selling for on the AH from the armory is technically direct access , just not the direct access people might think of. They haven't stated implicitly how's its going to work and what they will allow.

IMHO The best thing to do is go to the source and post your feedback about how it can be done wrong.

Re: Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Fysi
    Oh and tbh I would rather have the app devs implement armory for Android first before giving the iPhone even more of a lead over Android in terms of apps
    A free WoW Armory Application has been available for Android for a while now. I've had it on my Motorola Droid since the day I bought it.

I just want to talk about the Facebook RSS app.

For me is strange that u need to log in your wow account to use that app. I mean i got same RSS on my blog and it didnt asked me for any logging on account to get a strange "token key", i just copy/paste the RSS link and everything worked fine.
    I DONT TRUST Facebook way of enabling the RSS feed. My Facebook account is not that old, but even when i created it, when i got asked to give my mail account and password to import friends in my list i skipped that step. So... no way im gonna enable the RSS feed on my Facebook web page.

Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)
    Since the launch of the World of Warcraft Armory, we've been regularly releasing updates and new features designed to help players stay connected to the game even when they're not logged in. Today, we wanted to give you a heads-up about a new service now in development that will let players access the Auction House directly through the Armory website or Armory App for iPhone or iPod touch.
    It's important to note here that certain elements of the service will be premium-based...
    Go go Activision, don't stop, there are even more money you can squeeze from this game!

I told you and I will tell again. Not once and not twice will we all damn that day that Blizzard merged into Activision.
    It's a shame that you can't be banned from WOW for being bad player.
    It's a shame that you can be banned for being good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungen
    Banned for raiding.

On a related note to the Facebook application.

You might wanna check out GameStars on Facebook:
    http://apps.facebook.com/gamestars/

It syncs achievements from WoW (and steam. Soon Ps3 and Xbox360) and is a lot less "intrusive" than the Wow-app. You basically decide what to put on your wall rather than having the Wow-app adding everything (with filters ofc).

Give it a spin if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow
    ^^ exactly this.

I love it how people love to re-interpret something a Blizzard poster says to mean something completely different from the reality of what they actually said.

Seriously a Blizzard developer sneezes and all of a sudden we're talking about level 300 gear that also procs a My Little Pony pink mount , automatically does all your cooking for you and gives you access to your mail.

Nowhere in the announcement do I see exact details about how this "direct access" to the Auction House is going to work. The ability to see what something is selling for on the AH from the armory is technically direct access , just not the direct access people might think of. They haven't stated implicitly how's its going to work and what they will allow.

IMHO The best thing to do is go to the source and post your feedback about how it can be done wrong.
    THIS...

we're designing the service to offer auction functionality similar to what's available in-game.

I don't know about you but I can post, buy and view the AH in-game.

So as always we're ending with Blizz fanboys who are ready to spend few parents' bucks on another cool feature, and people who are seriously worried with more and more premium services in a game.

Unless this feature will be seriously limited, it will give a huge advantage for people who buy it. Unless it will be limited it will be exploited with automation, bots and other stuff.

But of course Blizzard will protect it. WOW client is protected all the ways, it even checks what software do you use on your PC. And yet still gold sellers write advertisements with dead characters. Yet still bot hunters farm whelplings in Azhara and oozelings in Un'Goro. Yet still you can see trains of similarly named characters which are leveled through multiboxing. And I'm sure I'm not only one who saw farmers that mine titanium and saronite in Icecrown while running under freaking ground.

And now we will have web-based interface that cannot monitor client side at all. Splendid. There is no need to worry, it will give no advantage to anyone.

Admit it, Blizzard fails to protect their own program from exploiting.
    Do you even realize how harder it is to protect web service?

Edit: orc failed spelling few times cause of thick green fingers missing the buttons.
    It's a shame that you can't be banned from WOW for being bad player.
    It's a shame that you can be banned for being good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungen
    Banned for raiding.

Pretty cool. Strictly from a design point of view, I think Paladin and Mage are it...but the Death Knight? Uhm, hmm. Thumbs up for the healing reduce!

the warrior one looks beast