Poll: Good idea assuming emerald dream is an expansion?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: New Class: Dragonsworn?

I don't care if it gets moved but some people do.

Anyways I was thinking that their talent trees are based on the flights. Tank(Black) dps(Yellow/azure) healing(Green/Red)

4/10 Classes Tank
    Paladin
    Warrior
    Druid
    Deathknight

4/10 Classes Heal
    Paladin
    Shaman
    Druid
    Priest

10/10 Classes Dps
    Druid
    Shaman
    Rogue
    Mage
    Warlock
    Warrior
    Paladin
    Priest
    Death Knight
    Hunter

Physical Dps (Majority of Dps is physical)
    Hunter (ranged)
    Warrior (melee)
    Paladin (melee)
    Deathknight (melee)
    Rogue (melee)
    Druid (melee)
    Shaman (melee)

Magical Dps (Majority of Dps is magical)
    Mage (ranged)
    Priest (ranged)
    Warlock (ranged)
    Druid (ranged)
    Shaman (ranged)

So we need a Tank/Heal/Ranged Physical OR Tank/Heal/Magical Melee class?

Deleted

You know what, I've thought of this exact thing before. I just never bothered to write it all down.

Thumbs up

Deleted

I like it

Quote Originally Posted by starvethedead
    Scout: Wilderness dwellers who use magic-imbued ranged weapons, as well as speed and stealth to fight corruption in nature.

Combination of Dark Ranger, Priestess of the Moon, Sentinel, Farstrider, Mountaineer.
    Uses bows. Has passive ability which converts range weapon stats from agility to intellect (etc).

Can not use any melee weapons other than a permanent race-specific 2H weapon that is included and levels up with the character. For instance, Night Elves get a moonglaive, Trolls get a spear, other races with a passive racial will get the corresponding weapon (e.g. Orcs get an axe). There are certain melee as well as ranged moves they can do with these weapons.

Has a stealth but it's not as powerful as a Rogue's stealth.

Has a permanent run speed increase (fast as Hunter's Aspect of Cheetah but will not get dazed or do less damage).

Arrows are conjured, or perhaps more-so converted like stances/presences between healing/dark/fire (etc.) Obviously you will be most effective using the type of arrows that match your spec but you can and should use different arrow types for certain situations regardless of current spec. (Much like a moonkin should sometimes heal or go cat form to stealth.)

Healing is done by shooting a healing arrow at a friendly target.
    Dark arrows are most effective while stealthed or a certain time after exiting stealth. They can cause a debuff and do extra shadow damage.
    Fire arrows put dots on targets, fires on the ground, conflag, aoe etc.
    I kinda like this, but the idea of a permenant 30% speed increase?

Sure, he needs to be able to kite since he relies PURELY in ranged weapons... but 30%? Really?

Put it down to 15% and then we can talk.

It should also only be available once they reach level 10 (just like other class defining abilities [pets for hunters, for example]).

Could you imagine the starting area filled with tons of scout alts running at 30% at level 1?

;_;

15+ Year Old Account

Raidenx: Love your Signature

Also: Moved to General because this thread isn't really a Cataclysm thing.
    Dawwwwwww

Thanks.

Actually the class's I was planning was "Monk" and "Draconic".

"Draconic" would be a pure DPS class, kind of a melee hunter class. It uses leather/mail, has mana, can be ranged/melee DPS.
    The main class weapon would be polearms and it can summon different types of dragons, just as warlocks. The talent tree would be something like... Imp. Polearm skills/ Imp. Dragons / Imp. Fire spells.

Quote Originally Posted by tricknick76
    http://www.war-tools.com/t63568.html

yes, i made the talent tree myself

edit: here's some details

Blue specializes in frost/arcane damage, a dps style that involves weaving 2 different spell types (like a boomkin)/tanking
    Green specializes in healing
    Red specializes in melee dps/tanking
    This class is primarily a raid healer, with a sesmi-beacon type spell and sort of a "Friendly Combo Points" system to make it unique in healing styles

2 different tanking trees, one a caster tank, the other a melee tank. The thread was removed, but it explained a lot of the stuff a lot better.
    the caster tanking involves a tanking style of control, including Snares and high-threat stuns, due to its lack of avoidance through talents
    the melee tank is a physical aoe tank (where i'd consider paladins to be a spell aoe tank) - full on cleaves, dot'ing, aoe-Combo points and the like

lots of raid utility
    spells much more complex and many more spells than the average class, however, they are generally weaker as a base spell, so it balances out (making this an effective support class as well- as an example see Call of Ysera in the Emerald Tree)
    I've been a Healadin since Molten Core 5 years ago. Been happy the whole time and have healed every raid ever released with no regrets or thoughts of switching.

But that Green Drakonid form just might make me want to re-roll, haha.

I would love for this to be the next hero class. Makes sense, it's a good selection, fits with the Emerald Dream Lore, and would look damn snazzy.
    What are the three things a wise man fears?

The deep of the sea, a moonless night, and the wrath of a patient man.

Furrys, final fantasy fags, now you want otherkin.

Basically your saying FYIAD?

So far Blizzard has only done classes that were in warcraft 3, or practically based off those in warcraft 3. I doubt they are going to do anything else in the foreseeable future.

Demon Hunters are most wanted. They are probably next, maybe with spellbreakers following. Few people want more healing classes, its what Blizzard wants but they always do what makes them the most money. Every classes abilitys from warcraft 3 are in another class now, some classes even share abilitys.

Besides, Dragonsworn are basically reptile druids. No point in having them.

There is also no point in..
    Arch Druids
    Arch Mages
    Arch-anything
    Wardens (Everything has been taken from them, plus maievs a biatch)
    Keepers of the grove (balance druids basically)
    Blood Mages

I'd like a Dark Ranger that does a nice mix of Magical/Physical damage like a DK, with the ability to heal with dark energy.

They aren't reptile Druids, they are mortals dedicated to specific flights. In return they get thri power. Think dk but dragon version

It's an interesting idea considering that there's a ton of potential for it. There's already a bunch of lore behind the dragon flights and it could go off what happens in the Cataclysm pretty well. Seems like kind of a strech though.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Quote Originally Posted by Izhara
    If you can't be bothered to do more than come up with a halfhearted two-paragraph description of a class rather than go into why it'd be a good idea to implement it, I can't be bothered to think it would be a better class to implement than Runemaster, Archdruid, or even Demon Hunter.
    why does he care to persuade you or any of us lol?

are we supposed to have "connections" to make this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by greysin
    why does he care to persuade you or any of us lol?
    Because that's the point of a discussion? To make your point the best and get people to say "oh yeah, that makes sense, you're right"? Why bother to post if you don't expect to make a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Raidenx
    They aren't reptile Druids, they are mortals dedicated to specific flights. In return they get thri power. Think dk but dragon version
    Seriously bro, learn to use spell check and/or proofread. And "DK but dragon version" doesn't cut it. That would be like saying "Hunter but centaur version". Get the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Raidenx
    The very idea screams reptile druid though, and thats the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimedes
    Because that's the point of a discussion? To make your point the best and get people to say "oh yeah, that makes sense, you're right"? Why bother to post if you don't expect to make a difference?
    Impressing random people on MMO Champion makes my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimedes
    Seriously bro, learn to use spell check and/or proofread. And "DK but dragon version" doesn't cut it. That would be like saying "Hunter but centaur version". Get the point?
    what I meant by that is dk is to Scourge as Dragonsworn would be to the dragons. They both are dedicated to specific being(s) and in return they are granted a small portion of that power.
    ]

no, there won't be any new classes only new races.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi
    Actually the class's I was planning was "Monk" and "Draconic".
    same there, i'd love so much to see something like a pandaren monk which would fill so nicely in the tank/magical (and maybe heal?) hybrid melee niche.

class specific weapons : staves (same itemization as feral druids for tanking, or caster for heal), claws (barely used so why not?) for dps

tanking would rely on high evasion first, parry (talented?) and of course huge hps

tank threat/dps would most likely be melee with sort of a martial arts combo style which may be inspired by the assassin from guild wars (for those who ever tried this game) mixed with rogue playstyle with skills synergizing with each others depending on the order they're used and a final blow which power depends on combo length.

magical skills could look like the classic pandaren from wc3 tft with a synergy between drunken haze & flame breath (drunken haze btw could be one of the main tanking skills by giving -%hit to foes)

as for healing, if it ever had to make its apparition on a monk-like class, i think it would have to be sort of different from the other healing classes. maybe something like having "switches" which we can "charge" up multiple times with say, 3 max total charges on at a time. those switches would modify the behavior/throughput of the monk's healing skills. (note: after givin it a thought, it may after all be applied to dps skills too meh :P)

ex:
    switch 1 : increases total healing by xxx per charge
    switch 2 : adds a hot component healing main target xxx per charge in yy sec.
    switch 3 : puts an energy barrier around the main target which will absorb up to xxx dmg per charge
    switch 4 : increase spell haste by x% per charge.

with skills like :
    skill 1 : xx% base mana - 2.5s cast channeled - 40y - monk starts to channel his energy on the target for x sec. when he stops or has finished channeling, the target is healed up to xxx (in short, the longer it's channeled, the bigger the heal will be, but mana cost will stay the same either way ). amount healed grows faster by the end of cast time.

skill 2 : xx% base mana - 1.5s - 40y - heals target by xx% of monk's max total health, monk's health is reduced by half this amount (down to 1hp) but regains yy% total health per sec for zz sec.

my 2 cents ;D