Addon / macroto link all your professions in a macro in trade

Saw someone with a macro such as:

[JC] lfw
    [Alch} lfw
    [Enchanting] lfw
    etc...
    PST for details - may have to swap characters

what addon / macro allows you to link multiple professions from multiple characters on your server?
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Re: Addon / macroto link all your professions in a macro in trade

You could link your recipe book into a global macro and update it with books from your other characters.

Keep in mind though that once you've learned a new recipe/plan/pattern/technique/formula/schematic on any of these characters, you'll have to re-link the book into your macro to update it.

AnnounceIt can do what you need.
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...nounce-it.aspx

Note that if you use a macro you can't put more than 1 profession link in it usually because it takes up too many characters.

Let me be more specific then..

The macro's look relatively as follows:

/2 [Jewelcrafting] LFW 10g:cut
    /2 [Alchemy] LFW
    /2 [Blacksmithing] LFW
    /2 May have to switch characters

so it's 4 lines, not 1, which should allow the linking of multiple professions?
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

I made a macro that dynamically links all (or most) of your professions. It's saved somewhere on my computer, but I haven't tested it in a while.
    Once I find and test it, I'll post it on this thread.

And Warwithin, please don't use a macro that spams trade chat with 4+ lines of text. It can be really annoying, and is technically against the rules because it pushes other people's text off of the chat frame. My addon allows you to link more than one profession on each line as well, so it also saves a lot of space (and unnecessary spam)

-- EDIT --
    Here it is: But keep in mind that I haven't tested it for many MANY months. I don't even know if it still works.
    Give it a try and let me know! I actually have an entire guide written out in the text file I have saved. If it works, I might just make a forum topic for others to use the macro.

/run local l={450, "Blacksmithing", 448, "Cooking"}; local m="LFW "; for _,v in pairs(l) do if type(v) == "number" then m=m..v else m=m.." "..select(2,GetSpellLink(v)).." " end end; SendChatMessage(m,"CHANNEL",nil,GetChannelName("Trade - City"))

Note that the macro above is one line. Make sure you copy and paste everything.

Caveats:
    If your character doesn't have the profession listed in the macro, it will call an error and not work. Make sure if you put this in a macro, you make a separate one for each character.
    Sometimes the last profession won't print. The reason is that profession and spell links are encoded with a very long string of text. To the game, this can sometimes go over the character limit for the chat and it won't show up.
    The profession levels must be updated manually in the l table if they change. This can't do it automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettowned
    I made a macro that dynamically links all (or most) of your professions. It's saved somewhere on my computer, but I haven't tested it in a while.
    Once I find and test it, I'll post it on this thread.

And Warwithin, please don't use a macro that spams trade chat with 4+ lines of text. It can be really annoying, and is technically against the rules because it pushes other people's text off of the chat frame. My addon allows you to link more than one profession on each line as well, so it also saves a lot of space (and unnecessary spam)

-- EDIT --
    Here it is: But keep in mind that I haven't tested it for many MANY months. I don't even know if it still works.
    Give it a try and let me know! I actually have an entire guide written out in the text file I have saved. If it works, I might just make a forum topic for others to use the macro.

/run local l={450, "Blacksmithing", 448, "Cooking"}; local m="LFW "; for _,v in pairs(l) do if type(v) == "number" then m=m..v else m=m.." "..select(2,GetSpellLink(v)).." " end end; SendChatMessage(m,"CHANNEL",nil,GetChannelName("Trade - City"))

Note that the macro above is one line. Make sure you copy and paste everything.

Caveats:
    If your character doesn't have the profession listed in the macro, it will call an error and not work. Make sure if you put this in a macro, you make a separate one for each character.
    Sometimes the last profession won't print. The reason is that profession and spell links are encoded with a very long string of text. To the game, this can sometimes go over the character limit for the chat and it won't show up.
    The profession levels must be updated manually in the l table if they change. This can't do it automatically.
    Worked great, actually. If you could +rep people on this forum, I would give you +rep

-edit-

Enchanting + Alchemy worked, but JC + Tailoring did not both link. Only JC did. (The first in the macro)

www.spinatlantic.com

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

The JC link was likely too long for the Tailoring link to fit on the same text line. The links are coded as very long strings of text, and the more "stuff" is in the skill, the longer the text. With over 450 item links just from 300-450 in JC, it probably came very close to breaking the text limit by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    The JC link was likely too long for the Tailoring link to fit on the same text line. The links are coded as very long strings of text, and the more "stuff" is in the skill, the longer the text. With over 450 item links just from 300-450 in JC, it probably came very close to breaking the text limit by itself.
    Is there a way I can string out a macro to allow them on two lines rather than one?

www.spinatlantic.com

carbonite can do this, loging on a char will refresh the profession book, log onto an alt an on ur carbonite map click the chest (warehouse) and ur chars should show up with the chain symbol to link it
    hahaha. no.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizren
    carbonite can do this, loging on a char will refresh the profession book, log onto an alt an on ur carbonite map click the chest (warehouse) and ur chars should show up with the chain symbol to link it
    I know that's doable. It's the same thing that you can do with Altoholic. I'm asking if there is a macro to condense all of those into one button to link them in tradechat, for I know the ability to do it manually exists, but I also know that I've seen others do what I'm wondering how to do.

www.spinatlantic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin
    I know that's doable. It's the same thing that you can do with Altoholic. I'm asking if there is a macro to condense all of those into one button to link them in tradechat, for I know the ability to do it manually exists, but I also know that I've seen others do what I'm wondering how to do.
    As I said back earlier, AnnounceIT does exactly what you're looking for. It has 5 lines which you can configure to say different things and they can include profession links. I use it all the time when linking my professions, then all I do is click the icon and 4 lines get spammed in trade chat.