Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Top 3 favorite Lore characters and why

I'm curious who your favorite Lore characters are, so tell us who and why.

Mine are:

1) Deathwing, I didn't really care a whole lot about his until I read the war of the ancients set, and realized that he is the craziest being I have ever read about. HE IS SO CRAZY HE DECIDED TO STOP LISTENING TO THE VOICES IN HIS HEAD! I have a deep appreciation for crazy people, and have to say that he is a very impressive character.

2) Ner'zhul, because he used to be a really great guy, and then he was warped beyond recognition. I also sincerely doubt that he died in such an undeserving way, and hope to see him in the future.

3) Broxigar, he wounded Sargeras with a wooden axe. nuff said.

So, who are your favorite characters?
    1. You're reading my comment
    2. Now you're saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
    4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
    5. You're checking it now.
    6. You're smiling.
    7. You're still reading my comment.
    8. You know all you have read is true.
    10. You didn't notice that i skipped 9.
    11. You're checking it now.
    12. You didn't notice there are only 10 facts

Re: Top 3 favorite Lore characters and why

Arthas: A warcraft verison of Anakin Skywalker.

Kel'thuzad:Favorite villian type, intelligent and loyal. His old voice is also cool.

Sylvanas: A loveable character, once a heroine twisted by darkness unwilling, trying to take revenge and find a new life.

Also, Tyrande, because of her beauty.

Uther - First paladin, always have been a fan of him through WC.
    Alexandros Mograine - The Ashbringer
    Kel'Thuzad - Have always liked him. Was really sad to see he was so easy in WotLK. Also am no fan of the voice changes they put into him.
    Metal on Metal O.O \m/

Sylvanas - heartbreaking story, really. I still feel sorry for her in every way.

Kalecgos - a true hero, seriously. wtb more of him

Illadin - misunderstood. cool fight. cool character. loved him.

1º Arthas -Hell i love what he did just for revenge and as Uther says in HoR is whats left of him that stops the Scourge to take down azeroth

2º Sylvanas - The lore around her is EPIC

3 º Illidan - hes cool! i guess

1. Illidan - I love his story, and I love Warcraft 3
    2. Malfurion - My first char and main is a druid, so ofc I like Malfurion, again love the story and love Warcraft 3.
    3. Alleria Windrunner - I like her story too, I cant help but wait for her son in the bar in helfire, just to follow him and feel sorry for him. I wanna help him find his parents, coz I wanna know where they are too!!!

1. Ner'zhul-Tragic hero type. Merely was trying to offer his people salvation, but ended up destroyed, an dhell bent on revenge. The ultimate villain.

2. Medivh-Most powerful being ever to be in existence, and made even more powerful by being the conduit of Sargeras.

3. Tirion-In vanilla he was by far the character that intrigued me the most, and his ascension to the grand champion of the Light was great, and his title of being the master Paladin is fitting.

man, I have so much!

I would have to say (in no order)

1. Sylvanas- I don't know, I feel in love with her in WC3 :P

2. Arthas- Again WC3, a great villain/hero

3. Tyrende/Malfurion/Illidan- couldn't decide which one fits here. I just likes their stories.

Varian - Does what needs to be done and like all great men invokes divisiveness.

Thorim - Insanely amazingly well done character.

Vromrig - I'm badass.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

1. Sylvanas - Hands down has the best story line, imo, after everything she has been through.

2. Jaina - I like her lore with being an alli to both sides.

3. Illidan/Arthas - Both of these bad guys have the best story lines, imo.

1. Arthas, after reading the novel Rise of the Lich King as well as playing Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne Arthas to me is a good guy who just took the wrong path to try and help everyone and paid for it big time.

2. Deathwing, read Day of the Dragons and he was instantly up there. I love dragons and he is the most bad ass dragon in this game!

3. HOGGER! Jokes, my 3rd character I would pick is Tirion. Yes I know he is somewhat new due to Wotlk (he made some appearances in old WoW and BC but nothing special). He is like the opposite of the Lich King and says some pretty epic quotes

Rhonin: He's a Mage (My fav class), he got with an elven chick (Grats to him), He had dealings with Deathwing and lived, took part in War of the Ancients, and made his way from lowly expendable mage to leader of the Kirin Tor.

Deathwing: He's very powerful, very clever, very very evil, and the bastard just doesn't die! He is the original evil dragon in WoW, and he really just doesn't give up. Speak his name everyone is like "Oh shit!" He'd like the Valdamort of WoW.

Krasus (Korialstraz): Wise, powerful red dragon. Shows upmost respect and love for the mortal races even though he could just as easily do the opposite. He'd Rhonin's teacher and there seems to be no situation he can't think his way out of.

Jaina Proudmore. Well, what do I have to say? She can practically oneshot everything or iceblock someone for a gazillion years. I love the lore around her too, how she "killed" her father just to have some competition. Epic.

I cba to think of another one, jaina takes the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Applepie
    your retarded.

Grom Hellscream: in my opinion he is the pinnacle of how alliance vs horde is like there, he didnt give a shit and just likes to kill, doesnt believing in reasoning. R.I.P. grom, at least you took mannoroth down with you.

King Lothar: probably why warriors got titans grip in the first place, and hes bad ass, nuff said

Ghazgkull Thraka: Best or(K) in all of history, put armageddon hive into a eternal state of war, prophet of the waaagh, he summarises why an orc, is an orc, whenever i think of orcs ghazgkull pops into my head.
    (yes i know completly different games but he said top 3 favourite lore characters and why, didnt says top 3 favourite WOW lore characters and why, yes i know wow forum use common sense lol, pick on me if you wish )

1. Varian
    2. Medivh
    3. Bolvar but not the Luch King Bolvar , i liked him when he was the regent lord :/

Zul'jin: If you played Wc2, you would know of him, trust me. :P

Aaand then I can't pick anyother person out yet! I NEED MORE LORE!

1. Highlord Bolvar Fordragon - there's so much respect shown when he makes an appeareance.

2. Sylvanas - I just love Lament of the highborne

3. Tyrande Wisperwind - the reason I've made a night elf priest

1. Grom Hellscream : If anyone read Lord of the Clans / Rise of the Horde and Beyond the Dark Portal. They'd agree. Not only does he represent the Horde better than any other being through his sheer strenght and bloodlust. But the man is also calculating like there's no tomorrow.

He makes himself more noticeable in Rise of the Horde. Where not only he was the youngest chieftain amongts all the clans (Durotan and Doomhammer were still kids when he was Chief of the Warsong Clan) but he was known for his enigmatic personality and his Alpha male status. His yell by itself provided him with the power to be the first to drink from the chalice of mannoroth's blood. Despite Blackhand being the warchief of the Horde.

I remember the scene in Beyond the Dark Portal where he fights 1v1 againts Hurkan the lead of the Bonechewer clan. The guy balances his bloodlust vs Sanity in every single one of his battles. And near the end he rallies the orcs in Swamp of Sorrows and makes sure they don't give up despite the betrayal they went through and being cut out of their land (his first thoughts we're about his son Grommash which is really unexpected and emotional).

And in Lord of the clans. He was the orc who inspired Thrall into freeing their people from the encampments. He proved how wise he was when he automatically changed the way his clan fought because Thrall mentioned how it's dishonorable to kill kids. And through his wisdom he explains to his men that only a fool who repeats the same actions expects a different outcome. We also see for the first time how weak he is due to his bloodlust and how he fights against it every day.

Finally just the way his life ended. He finished the cycle. First to drink from the chalice. And he killed Mannoroth. His story was perfect. There is no warrior in the wow lore that should be loved as much as Grom.

2) Malygos. Yes he went insane in the end. but I liked the glimpses we had of him. First when he was a joker in the War of the ancients. then his sanity. even then he made fun of nozdormu. it's too bad he wanted to kill the kirin tor. I felt like blizz could've made something better out of him.

3) Broxigar. I can't explain it. That guy was just plain rough.

Believe it or not I play alliance :P Since day 1!

10+ Year Old Account

1. Highlord Bolvar Fordragon - why u ask, simply since vanilla this guy has been respected and will always do

2. Warchief Thrall - Because he is an orc.... kidding no the lore surrounding this guy has always been awesome especially like the whole W3 thing with him

3. Lady Sylvanas Windrunner - simply because what she went trough with being turned into a banshee by the LK, really sad

Bolvar: First saw him in Pre-bc when i was leveling up my first character and i was very impressed, which was a Paladin heh. Only paladin in the game that could do a AoE Hammer of Justice and a Cleave! Plus the questline where he helps you fight that Lich in the crypt who stole Kel'thuzads phylactery was just pure win.

Alexandros Morgraine: Original Ashbringer, and after reading the Ashbringer comic I instantly liked the character.

Since i don't want all three to be paladins, even though there is another one i could name, my last one is

Kel'Thuzad: Always like him in WC3, very loyal to his master, and was the real brains of the outfit. Despite the fact he is a necromancer still found him to be a real cool character
    Remember, you're unique... just like everyone else.