Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Lich King loot table lore

Quote Originally Posted by Synaxis
    I'm leaning more toward Anasterian than Kael. Kael was referred to as the 'Sun King,' not the Blood King, and Anasterian died when Arthas charged Quel'thalas. Arthas just antagonized Kael a bunch, what with winning Jaina and destroying Quel'thalas and beating Kael and Illi and Vashj in Northrend and all.
    But the "Blood King" could also refer to a ruler of the Blood Elves, which is Kael'thas, because Anasterian died before the race split.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    But the "Blood King" could also refer to a ruler of the Blood Elves, which is Kael'thas, because Anasterian died before the race split.
    That is true.

Warmace of Menethil - Probably just another reference to Arthas' father.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    Only thing with this is Kael was always referred to as Prince Kael'thas so he was the ruler but we was never a king. Least i dont' remember in lore him being a king thought there was something like he refuesed the throne because they were in exile or something. If i'm wrong correct me, going off memory so sometimes lore from different games gets mixed.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Endler89
    Only thing with this is Kael was always referred to as Prince Kael'thas so he was the ruler but we was never a king. Least i dont' remember in lore him being a king thought there was something like he refuesed the throne because they were in exile or something. If i'm wrong correct me, going off memory so sometimes lore from different games gets mixed.
    You're right there, he never wanted to be crowned king because he felt it wouldn't be right until the Blood Elves established themselves as a force of reckoning again.

However, he did crown himself the Sun King in Outland. Plus, I don't really see who else the Blood King could be refering to. :-\

Mithrios, Bronzebeard's Legacy "Beneath the Scourge corruption you are able to make out a faint inscription: ...cry with me in the unified voice that will resonate to the throne of the Lich King himself! FOR THE ALLIANCE AND FOR KHAZ MODAN!" - Bronzebeard (duh)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBXKJbau45w

It's also a mace called "Might of Menethil", that dropped from vanilla Naxx. Strange that the Menethil family should have two maces =S