Season 8 no rating need for offsets?

So relentless doesnt requiere rating just arena points now.
    And wrathful ofsets also! it s a mistake or it must be ?

Re: Season 8 no rating need for offsets?

only shoes and belt require rating.$
    free epics for everybody YAY
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    only shoes and belt require rating.$
    free epics for everybody YAY
    52-68k honor a piece isn't exactly what i'd call ''free''.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah they are a massinve honor sink so its not like you can get all of them in a day and imo if you're actually good at pvp then a few less skilled pvpers getting better gear wont affect you. THe only way this would hurt you is if you got carried to your rating and can only beat people by gear superiority

Quote Originally Posted by kalyynthefailadin
    Yeah they are a massinve honor sink so its not like you can get all of them in a day and imo if you're actually good at pvp then a few less skilled pvpers getting better gear wont affect you.
    Actually, you can. I bought the ring, the neck, the wrist, the back and the trinket yesterday. And I think I stil have 100k honor, and I still didn't complete the Wintergrasp weeklys yet. You just need to save a toon of stonekeepershards, BG marks, WG marks and 5 arena tokens.

But Blizzard should increase honor cap, I know you can always buy epic gems, but my bank was full of gems long before the season ended.

Actually, you can. I bought the ring, the neck, the wrist, the back and the trinket yesterday. And I think I stil have 100k honor, and I still didn't complete the Wintergrasp weeklys yet. You just need to save a toon of stonekeepershards, BG marks, WG marks and 5 arena tokens.

But Blizzard should increase honor cap, I know you can always buy epic gems, but my bank was full of gems long before the season ended.
    Either that or have no life

Quote Originally Posted by Skultharion
    If you like pvp, its reasonable that you are going to do some BGs and WGs. If you always have WG (I always do), only doing the daily heroic you can easly farm 20 shards/day. Considering 18 weeks each season, you will have 16 weeks to save honor. It doesn't take any effort at all.

10+ Year Old Account

i raid and pvp, and didnt start saving honor until about 2 weeks ago... i was able to pick up the neck, cloak and ring. i'll be getting the bracers after work today. farming honor isnt difficult, just time consuming
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    Same, and i still have enough WG 2k Honor marks to buy the belt when i'll start doing arenas (not buying boots i'll get Hellfrozen Bonegrinders (Crit/arp).

But still, i've tought starting doing PvP on my priest...no way im grinding this... i'll finish my PvP achievements(Battlemaster, conquest tabard etc..) on my Warr till cataclysm i guess =/.

It's not really anymore 'free' than they were last season. Was it really that hard to get a 1400 rating in at least a 2v2 team? Literally any team make up can make that rating quite easily. Shit, you don't even lose points when you lose a match until like 1000 or something.

Having no rating or having a very low rating requirement to me is basically the same thing. The ONLY difference is now people can get the gear BEFORE they do any arena rather than after they do a handful of them. Which, like someone said earlier, will only effect people who can only beat players with a superior gear advantage. Otherwise, there is no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Skultharion
    That probably applies to me, but when going into a season with 5 ap badges, over 1k lwg thingies, and close to 100 marks of each bg... you don't really have honor problems. Apart from the fact, that my pve offset gear is about 10 times better...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dyce09
    The ONLY difference is now people can get the gear BEFORE they do any arena rather than after they do a handful of them.
    relentless tier costs arena points still, therefore they have to at least lose 10 matches every week, and they'll be able to afford another tier piece every 2-3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Serryn
    relentless tier costs arena points still, therefore they have to at least lose 10 matches every week, and they'll be able to afford another tier piece every 2-3 weeks.
    And? When was I (or this thread) talking about Relentless tier pieces? Check the topic you're in before posting a rebuttal.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dyce09
    And? When was I (or this thread) talking about Relentless tier pieces?
    [quote=Chomag7 ]
    It was already stupid to need ratings for furious gear while you could just farm hc badges and buy it with no rating requirement whatsoever. /quote]

wasn't relentless, but tier was mentioned

kkthx

Quote Originally Posted by Zergall
    52-68k honor a piece isn't exactly what i'd call ''free''.
    10 BGs + some WGs isnt free???? you are definitely not form the same planet as i am :S
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ

Quote Originally Posted by SPC7R0
    10 BGs + some WGs isnt free???? you are definitely not form the same planet as i am :S
    You must be on an awesome battlegroup if you win 10 BGs in a row...and BGs gives 2k...not 6-8k each even if you win.

Not saying its hard to get, i got almost all pieces day 1.

Its simply not ''free'', or at least its not more ''free'' that it was last seasons.