Page 1 of 2
LastLast

All you why dont bears get any love as tanks please read

First heres my profile

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...thul&n=roshney

There are 3 key points that people always leave out when comparing bares to other tanks

Best available dodge and premtively dodge is far suppurior to parry
    Uh hello savage defence never mentioned no other class has it
    And last and most important we have by far the best ohshit buttons IG period macro surv/frenzied/bearskin/and a trinket and you can pull your self out of any hole in the game

So stop whining learn your class bears still rule the tanking world period

User was banned for this post
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drak%27thul&n=Roshney
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drak%27thul&n=Velynara
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drak%27thul&n=Shalischa

Re: All you why dont bears get any love as tanks please read

You have a dodge/stam gem in your ring.

Deleted

wait wut?
    i'd kill for being able to parry... dodge dr is killing my avoid...

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

"Druids are the best!" :-\

I play on Doomhammer-EU.

Deleted

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Furnace Stone better than Eitrigg's Oath?

Sorry, sorry. Wrong trinket name at first.

So even people with that kind of gear are still clueless, pretty sad.

Highest dodge available? Well, yeah? It's your only way of avoiding, ofcourse it's going to be the highest. You don't have any defense which means besides parry, you are also missing out on avoidance from miss chance. And care to explain "premtively dodge is far suppurior to parry" because it doesn't make any sense at all.

Uh hello, it's crap compared to block and scales terribad with more than 1 mob.

And last and most important we have by far the best ohshit buttons IG period macro surv/frenzied/bearskin/and a trinket and you can pull your self out of any hole in the game
    I dare to disagree. Ever looked at dk tanks? Vampiric Blood every 1 min / 50s (if 4p t9), Icebound Fortitude (which is superior to barkskin), summon ghoul + sacrifice ghoul (if combined with vampiric blood ~35k heal) + blood tap (if 4p t10)

The -only- thing druids have going for them is higher base health and a stronger max health cooldown. All 3 classes beat them on other points.

So "stop being clueless learn your class bears still don't rule the tanking world period"
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Cåt
    You have a dodge/stam gem in your ring.
    haha. instant dismissal of anything he had to say.

btw, OP, warriors and paladins both have Savage Defense. You might remember it from its original, internal name at Blizzard: "a stupid version of block to make them bears shuttup."

I think you have a fair point -- people who think bears are bad tanks are dumb -- but cmon. Be a hero. Also maybe don't use Eitrigg's oath.

Quote Originally Posted by Trod
    Avoidance is avoidance. We're still 5-10% behind the other tanks in most cases.

So you mean paladins & warriors don't have a chance to block every incoming physical attack where we can basically block 1 incoming hit per crit?

Because Vampiric Blood, Last Stand, Ardent Defender, Icebound Fortitude, Shield Wall, etc... were suddenly removed from the game?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnan
    So even people with that kind of gear are still clueless, pretty sad.
    What kind of gear? None of his equipped gear shows any sort of advanced tanking knowledge. Whoppdeedoo he has tank ToC10/25 and has the first four in ICC10. Its not like he is rocking full 264 and making these statements lol. Aside from that I agree with everything you said.

What exactly is this post about? 90% of good raiders already know bears are one of the top tanks right now. Pally is still a little better though.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnan
    I dare to disagree. Ever looked at dk tanks? Vampiric Blood every 1 min / 50s (if 4p t9), Icebound Fortitude (which is superior to barkskin), summon ghoul + sacrifice ghoul (if combined with vampiric blood ~35k heal) + blood tap (if 4p t10)
    Summon + sacrifice is hardly an oh shit button. It's good when it's there, but chances of having the ghoul up and the 40 required RP when you'd want to pop it are slim, and it takes about 3 to 4 seconds to pull off the combo if the ghoul isn't up (the ghoul has to crawl out of the ground before you can sacrifice it). Not to mention the 5 minute cooldown on summoning the ghoul that starts at the ghoul's death.

Also, IBF is not strictly superior to barkskin. Barksin is 20% on a 1 min cooldown, IBF is ~35% on a 2 minute cooldown. You get more than half the reduction on half the cooldown and the same duration. Since you called Vamp Blood better than Survival Instincts, you should know where I'm coming from on this.

And finally, the enrage bonus on the druid T10 cancels out the blood tap bonus on the DK t10.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

First heres my profile

There are 3 key points that people always leave out when comparing bares to other tanks

lets see 3 key points taken down one by one

1 best availabe dodge but no parry guess what dodge is not superior to parry
    dodge = parry 0 dmg taken or 0 dmg taken also parry is better since some tanks can do dmg with parries and we still have less dodge then other tanks have dodge and parry combined.

2 Savage defence is a talent its not mentioned because its a talent. But since your going to bring it up comparing it to block since its the same idea. Savage defense = 25% of your ap as a shield. Which going off of most tanks fully raid buffed you'd hit 8k if your uber geared so 2k off of the attacks. Guess what back in naxx 25 tanks were blocking for 2500. So savage defence against the same type of mechanic loses.

3 lets see survival instincts same better then but same as last stand, barkskin similar to the warriors shield block ability they pop, then you say frenzied regen which guess what is basically the same as enraged regen as a warrior, then as a topper they have shieldwall as well as spell reflect. You can claim trinkets, but every tank has trinkets to pop so guess what we don't have the best oh shit buttons. I just showed you that warriors are better. I proved you wrong with warriors on point 3 but pallys i know are better for oh no moments but no need to kill the point.

So now that i've disproven your arguements with facts accept that bears are falling behind, we need a slight buff to keep us inline with the other tanks.

On a sidenote yes skilled bears are good, but you shouldnt' have to be the best player at your class just to compete with a mediocre character of another tanking class.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathflame
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Furnace Stone better than Eitrigg's Oath?

Sorry, sorry. Wrong trinket name at first.

ive ran 10/25 man ignis so many times and it never drops for me
    as for stam/dodge ring lol anyone who thinks 15 stam is going to make a break a fight is a true idiot its the only gem our JC in group had on them when i won it and havnt seen a huge need to change it

As for the DK oh shit button as i play a DK tank as well the summon ghoul use in blood spec isnt practiacal you use uba/vamp/spam DS for about a 17k heal but it sounds good in theory

Edit added for last poster

3 lets see survival instincts same better then but same as last stand, barkskin similar to the warriors shield block ability they pop, then you say frenzied regen which guess what is basically the same as enraged regen as a warrior, then as a topper they have shieldwall as well as spell reflect. You can claim trinkets, but every tank has trinkets to pop so guess what we don't have the best oh shit buttons. I just showed you that warriors are better. I proved you wrong with warriors on point 3 but pallys i know are better for oh no moments but no need to kill the point.

Last stand and surv are the same
    Shield block is equaled by a bears improved armor so bearskin has the edge there
    Enraged regen is same as frenzied
    and trinkets are the same
    close but not right
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drak%27thul&n=Roshney
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drak%27thul&n=Velynara
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drak%27thul&n=Shalischa

Quote Originally Posted by Endler89
    lets see 3 key points taken down one by one

2 Savage defence is a talent its not mentioned because its a talent. But since your going to bring it up comparing it to block since its the same idea. Savage defense = 25% of your ap as a shield. Which going off of most tanks fully raid buffed you'd hit 8k if your uber geared so 2k off of the attacks. Guess what back in naxx 25 tanks were blocking for 2500. So savage defence against the same type of mechanic loses.
    Bears have higher armour than plate tanks so there is the extra mitigation.

how has it not been mentioned that druid tanks have hardly any utility

Bears have a stun on a 40s-1m CD. No silence, no real interrupt, nothing like hand of sac/salv/prot/freedom, etc. The only thing they really have going for them is being able to do decent DPS as kitty on variable-tank fights such as Putricide (where you only need one tank for 2/3 of the fight) and Festergut. That being said, they can still play meatshield quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage
    Bears have higher armour than plate tanks so there is the extra mitigation.
    in TBC they did...in WoTLK..not soo much. :'(

10+ Year Old Account

First heres my profile

i just have to say you make absolutely no sense.

quit making all of us bear tanks look like compelte idiots.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

First heres my profile

Youre wrong on multiple levels mate, savage defense = block... Warriors and pallys do that too, the o shit buttons are less powerfull than theyre counterparts on other classes ( althouh shorter cooldowns atleast)
    And no bears dont rule sanything, especially with all the other tanks soon having more armor, our last trademark

as for stam/dodge ring lol anyone who thinks 15 stam is going to make a break a fight is a true idiot its the only gem our JC
    Agility/Stamina is superior. Were you booted from a guild? Or mocked or made fun at, we bears get plenty of love and are quite highly represented, I don't see your need to brag about druid tanks in a druid forum.

Bear tanks are still good, and a favorite when still learning an encounter or new to an instance since they are easier to gear and all. Bear's might not have had lots of interupts or "utility"...back in BC they were known as the tanks that did almost or more then some DPS classes, but DK's have taken some of that fire....there still pretty good though and their tanking style is pretty forgiving on early mistakes.