Immolation against bosses

Hello fellow demo locks.
    I was wondering, whenever you pop meta, do you go close to boss and use immolation? As far i can tell, it is the spell with 2nd highest dmg per gcd.

And if you do, do you just stay at boss? Seems to me that there is no reason to run back on many fights. Melees have to deal with less than ranged in some or in alot of fights.
    Or do you put a portal a bit from the boss and just port back whenever your immolation have stopped.

And just to make sure, im not talking about immolate.
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

Re: Immolation against bosses

Charge in then portal back.

A habit of soul fire weaving I guess.

15+ Year Old Account

I have gotten into the habit of standing at 15 yards from the bosses hit box, thus minimal movement is required. You have to think about more things (cleave, tail whip, stomps, knockbacks, how many ranged are there to prevent Festergut from vomitting on melee) but if you can handle that then you can handle closer positioning.

Also, less travel time on spells = faster refreshes on corruption = less of a chance it falls off due to target swapping or something.

R.I.P. YARG

I advice against portal/charge, those GCD's grant you 0 damage. Instead run towards the boss while lifetapping/casting corruption/whatever. It should usually not take more than 2 GCD's to get close enough.