Arms DPS and PuGs. Advice wanted

Hi all.
    I'd like to start off by saying this is a fairly new lvl 80, after I benched him after TBC.
    I'm now looking at maining him, and I'd like the critique of the decent people here at MMO (I notice there's a few good warriors here so I figured worth a shot)

First up - Here's my Armory.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...w&cn=Darkfangs

My problem is this.

I feel like I'm doing all I can dps wise with this gear, Rawr puts me at around 3.3k DPS and I can normally pull around 4k on a static fight with just self buffs

AoE / Trash obviously less important but my DPS there ranges from 4.5 - 7k depending on if Bladestorm is up.

I just can't seem to get into raids with the gear that I have, I'm around 7 badges short of the +hit trinket which I'll get tonight to replace the Incisor, and I'm not aware of a better cloak upgrade easily available to me than the frost emblem one (I'm at 26 frost badges so a way to go)

Problem is nobody will take me to even ToC because I don't have the achievements on this character (Used to be druid whos done everything up to and including Saurfang).

As for ICC i'm bang out of luck

Suggestions? Since I'm not really ready to lead raids to these places yet I don't think.
    ARMORY - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dragonmaw&cn=Darkfangs

Re: Arms DPS and PuGs. Advice wanted

Swap gems for ArP, keep your frost for set pieces
    New ring: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47730
    Cloak: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49792 from FoS N

As far as getting into raids you would be in a much better shape in a guild willing to run you through stuff. In case you cannot get into one, your best bet would be to befriend some people who run pugs consistently and run with them until you gain enough experience to run your own groups. I'd imagine with the above few upgrades you should actually be in good enough shape to step into ICC-10

most end game guilds will tell you to go fury, reason is, its just better.

nonetheless, get expertise and hitcapped prio
    gem for ArP, till you either get 100% hardcap or 100% softcap(passive+trinket proc)

your going to have to live with it, nowadays you need 5400 GS for voa 10, yet you only need 5200 for ICC... /sigh
    get some friends to run you, and, trust me, people prefer hearing "im a fury warrior" instead of "im arms dps"
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Can't really see much you can upgrade outside of raids or frost badges. Maybe your server is just bad with pugs? You should be fine for anything up to ICC10 with that gear.
    Ultralisk-Nagrand / Táne-Nagrand / Wuggles-Nagrand / Koras-Thaurrisan / Dieselsun-Thaurissan / Bezoar-Thaurissan

Quote Originally Posted by Powell
    most end game guilds will tell you to go fury, reason is, Most Arms Warriors Suck

nonetheless, get expertise and hitcapped prio
    gem for ArP, till you either get 100% hardcap or 100% softcap(passive+trinket proc)

your going to have to live with it, nowadays you need 5400 GS for voa 10, yet you only need 5200 for ICC... /sigh
    get some friends to run you, and, trust me, people prefer hearing "im a fury warrior" instead of "im arms dps"
    Fixed.

@OP

You're no where near hit or expertise cap. That is priority, before you even think about raiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Kysimir
    Fixed.

@OP

You're no where near hit or expertise cap. That is priority, before you even think about raiding.
    He's arms, so the expertise cap isn't as important. While not to be fully disregarded, Arms can do just fine with mid-10s expertise. Hit should be covered by the new trink he intends to get from triumph badges, so I'd say all in all he could easily start ICC-10 (once he gets the trink).

In fact, the trink gives 3.9% hit afaik, so the OP will want to drop some of the hit gems down to 4.1%. In addition, swap Str for ArP gems.

Quote Originally Posted by omglazor
    He's arms, so the expertise cap isn't as important. While not to be fully disregarded, Arms can do just fine with mid-10s expertise. Hit should be covered by the new trink he intends to get from triumph badges, so I'd say all in all he could easily start ICC-10 (once he gets the trink).

In fact, the trink gives 3.9% hit afaik, so the OP will want to drop some of the hit gems down to 4.1%. In addition, swap Str for ArP gems.
    Yes, you can do medciorely acceptable DPS by spamming Overpower. You can't do "just fine" with spamming overpower. Hit trinkets are almost always a bad idea. It's a nice bandaid fix, but by the time you get into ICC 10, you should have enough hit rating on the rest of your gear to make a hit trinket a bad choice. Everything in TOTC10 has hit on it. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Kysimir
    Yes, you can do medciorely acceptable DPS by spamming Overpower. You can't do "just fine" with spamming overpower. Hit trinkets are almost always a bad idea. It's a nice bandaid fix, but by the time you get into ICC 10, you should have enough hit rating on the rest of your gear to make a hit trinket a bad choice. Everything in TOTC10 has hit on it. :/
    Running around with 9 expertise, hit capped, arp capped.
    Dps when everything goes as planned: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n...?s=4606&e=4862

Clearly expertise is one of the least important stats to worry about for arms. Don't give out false information, especially not as moderator of this forum.

Other then that a hit trinket is not necessarily a bad choise if hit is lacking on the rest of the gear. It's the passive proc on other trinkets that make them a better choice in overall dps compared to the available hit trinkets.

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. Been working on my gear and have replaced a few items, 303 hit now which is over-cap I know but I'm getting rid of +20 on hands when I log in tonight

I also got myself into a guild 10 man ICC run for this evening so lets hope that goes well, and that Saurfang is nice enough to let me have his axe
    ARMORY - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dragonmaw&cn=Darkfangs

I'm in a similar position to the OP, got pretty much best gear I can, and seem to be topping out at about 4k dps single target in a 25man raid. Although, that was without mixing in slams to the rotation, and without the belt/bracers I have now. I'd expect to be about 4.2k now, not tested yet though. Seems I'm pretty much stuck there though, and was wondering about ArP v Crit.

I read on elitist jerks, you need to get 50% crit before even thinking about ARP, as you want those 100% OP crits to keep up deep wounds....but, I'm really struggling to get near that! If I take off 5% LoTP, 3% HoTC, that still leaves about 2-3% left to get.

here is my armory http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...s&cn=Tinkabela (I'll try to log out in PvE gear). If the pvp trinket is there, just swap that for Mirror of Truth.

My crit is about 39% with kings + gotw + how
    My arp is 313 (22.6%), I'm hit capped, and virtually exp. capped (arms can drop a few points on this) so not worried about missing/dodges.

Any help would be appreciated. Oh, and the GS+achievement thing is RAMPANT on Sylvanas, so getting ICC pugs is almost impossible. Somehow I managed to sneak into a TOC 25 raid and snag DV on my 1st go! tried to buy the justicebringer axe that dropped, but the fury war wouldn't sell (he was only doing 2k dps with 5200GS, go figure :S)

edit: got myself into a ICC 10 rep run, was doing about 4800 dps in a caster-heavy group and only kings on me, no bonus buffs on mob either. seems I found a way to improve myself :P
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    I'm in a similar position to the OP, got pretty much best gear I can, and seem to be topping out at about 4k dps single target in a 25man raid. Although, that was without mixing in slams to the rotation, and without the belt/bracers I have now. I'd expect to be about 4.2k now, not tested yet though. Seems I'm pretty much stuck there though, and was wondering about ArP v Crit.

I read on elitist jerks, you need to get 50% crit before even thinking about ARP, as you want those 100% OP crits to keep up deep wounds....but, I'm really struggling to get near that! If I take off 5% LoTP, 3% HoTC, that still leaves about 2-3% left to get.

here is my armory http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...s&cn=Tinkabela (I'll try to log out in PvE gear). If the pvp trinket is there, just swap that for Mirror of Truth.

My crit is about 39% with kings + gotw + how
    My arp is 313 (22.6%), I'm hit capped, and virtually exp. capped (arms can drop a few points on this) so not worried about missing/dodges.

Any help would be appreciated. Oh, and the GS+achievement thing is RAMPANT on Sylvanas, so getting ICC pugs is almost impossible. Somehow I managed to sneak into a TOC 25 raid and snag DV on my 1st go! tried to buy the justicebringer axe that dropped, but the fury war wouldn't sell (he was only doing 2k dps with 5200GS, go figure :S)

Okey, first of all. You have been gemming totally wrong. Hit? Even though you are capped? Expertise? Sheez, and they are not even epic? Regem, either you go full str regem or you go full arp (epic gems) and if you do Get you'r hands on the NES and replace it with your mirror of truth.

Do this, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhumla

Okey, first of all. You have been gemming totally wrong. Hit? Even though you are capped? Expertise? Sheez, and they are not even epic? Regem, either you go full str regem or you go full arp (epic gems) and if you do Get you'r hands on the NES and replace it with your mirror of truth.

Do this, now.
    I'm new to the server, and money is extremely tight, and each epic gems are 250g+!!!
    I'm hit capped, because of some of those gems, although I am replacing them with epic ArP gems tomorrow.
    Trying to get NES, but getting a heroic group to FOS heroic is kinda hard without 5500+ GS (this server is a bit lame like that). I picked up mirror of truth because I could not get anything better, despite farming heroics and normal TOC all day!

anyway, to the OP, check your rotations. I added in slam now, and my DPS shot up to about 4800 single target, was reaching 5k with a feral druid in the group. I'm hoping once I'm fully ArP gemmed, it'll be up near 5.5k+ which is acceptable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    I'm new to the server, and money is extremely tight, and each epic gems are 250g+!!!
    I'm hit capped, because of some of those gems, although I am replacing them with epic ArP gems tomorrow.
    Trying to get NES, but getting a heroic group to FOS heroic is kinda hard without 5500+ GS (this server is a bit lame like that). I picked up mirror of truth because I could not get anything better, despite farming heroics and normal TOC all day!

anyway, to the OP, check your rotations. I added in slam now, and my DPS shot up to about 4800 single target, was reaching 5k with a feral druid in the group. I'm hoping once I'm fully ArP gemmed, it'll be up near 5.5k+ which is acceptable to me.

Are you being serious or just trolling? Getting a group to FOS is easy, mark it when you look for instances and you will be able to do it probably each and every day. So thats not a problem.

And for you'r rotation. BT > WW > HS Spamm (if you have the rage for it) > Bloodsurge procc > Slam, rince and repeat, kinda. Use you'r Death Wish, Recklessnes whenever they are off CD and you could start fights with Heroic Throw and as soon as its upp just throw it again, it helps.

thats a great rotation for an arms warrior :O

and sitting in lfd for 2 hours for FOS heroic is not my idea of fun.

well just managed to get a group for it, and some ret pally outrolled me on it.

Oh, my bad. I thought i saw you dual wield 2-handers. Well, go with the arp sockets meanwhile and try to do FOS as often as possible, even though you probably will wait for a long time for it, do something else meanwhile. Well my bad there

hehe, problem is while in LFD, you can't queue for raids, or PvP, so it kinda blows, and doing 25 dailies takes about 1 hour, so not a lot else to do :S