Page 1 of 2
LastLast

how can you survive fall damage? (WG)

hello the alliance like to fly above the horde after the horde wins wg. i would like to fly up and shoot them and safely fall to the ground. i dont have engineering. does anyone know if deterrance(maybe falling damage is a spell) or disengage would save you? or if there is any other hunter ways / items?

Deleted

Re: how can you survive fall damage? (WG)

Disengage ofcourse does, but deterrence.. wtf, ofcourse not.

could always use the Skyguard's Drape from skettis it doesnt require engineering
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

I am an engineer, so as a hunter, i suggest using any kind of parachute you get your hands on. Usually what I do is go hover about 10 yards above them, un-mount, hit the parachute so im floating nice and slow, and nuke the hell out of them. 9 times out of 10, it will kill whoever i do this too. And a lot of the time they are afk, have no idea how to react and don't even move away or attack back and fall to their own deaths.
    Fanboy (Fanboi): A Term used when someone disagrees with you on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate your counterpoint back so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming you into silence and thus them winning through dominance.

Either get engineering, get some items with long cooldowns or drink Noggenfogger and hope for the best.

I dont understand how disengage would save you from fall damage?

Quote Originally Posted by zaronn
    Well if you use it just before hitting the ground you fly backwards instead of squishing yourself on the ground. Havent tried it myself but I could see it working ^^

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by zaronn
    Same principle as Blinking shortly before hitting the ground I think

Wouldn't that require you to be in combat? Though, I suppose if the fall to the ground isn't too far you would still be in it from shooting someone.

15+ Year Old Account

takes 6 seconds to drop combat.

10+ Year Old Account

Disengage doesn't work to avoid fall damage AFAIK because it just changes which direction you're moving; you've still fallen all that distance according to WOW. Blink and Charge are different because they're teleport effects.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

It does prevent fall damage, see http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=122825 for some good demonstrations. Long video but quite possibly the best Hunter PVP movie ever (imo).

Quote Originally Posted by chelate
    Disengage doesn't work to avoid fall damage AFAIK because it just changes which direction you're moving; you've still fallen all that distance according to WOW. Blink and Charge are different because they're teleport effects.
    it does work. just gotta meet the req of being in combat. time the disengage and you'll take no damage. try it at LM in AB when a pally bubbles and jumps off. follow them and stay in combat with an arcane shot, then disengage when you're close to the bottom.

**tip: you fall faster then it looks so disengage sooner then you would think**

edit: its also good vs ele shams when you get TS'ed off LM as well. i've survived many times with disengage.

Quote Originally Posted by chelate
    You're a mod...Again, doing a little research before posting would be prudent. Especially with something so easily tested...

Quote Originally Posted by Shazu
    You're a mod...Again, doing a little research before posting would be prudent. Especially with something so easily tested...
    While he is a mod, don't think it requires em to be an expert. While they might run the law, they are still capable of faulty conjecture.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

mage "lolol down from LM, no1 will kill meh!!!"

hunter: jump, fall, killshot, disengage, win

it's works, tested and approved ;D

Yeah like some others say disengage works pretty well if you attack somebody in the air, and use it before you're hitting the ground.
    [EU] Blackmoore - Cola (RestoDruid) & Shiq (Hunter)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiq
    Yeah like some others say disengage works pretty well if you attack somebody in the air, and use it before you're hitting the ground.
    As long as your in combat with other words, since Disengage is only usable in combat

i use disengage all the time while air killing hordes , and it does work! stops you mid air, and throws you backworths

just make sure to use it while still in combat, othervise your gonna leave a horrible stain on the groun

15+ Year Old Account

you could get Sha'tari skyguard cloakes.
    only requires revered so it wont take that long if you made new char for wotlk or didn't play for tbc.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32538
    and
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32539

Not sure if they share coldown, if they dont you could buy 2 cloakes :P

Edit: found out the 2 cloakes dont share coldown wich means you can have 2 cloakes per 30 min.

Also found this
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=9404

drops in Uldaman at the 3 lost dwarves

Edit again: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=18951

Also for full slow fall list see: http://www.wowhead.com/?items&filter...crv=fall+speed
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar