10+ Year Old Account

Boss specific DPS boosters!

I saw one get banned yesterday cause people were trying to be silly, and list things that hurt your raid to increase your personal DPS. Figured I'd try one that increases your DPS without negative ramifications.

Lord Marrowgar
    Pretty much watch timers during bone storm and DPS your little heart out and avoid those fires. And use Earth shock during this time so you know that FS dot doesn't get you killed. It shouldn't but it has caused me to get agro before.

My guild uses the everyone under the boss strat so again watch timers and while the spike it up give a little more priority to nova, but switch UNTIL SPIKE IS DEAD.

DBS

This one is scary, but it helps. You get chat and voice cues to signify the start of this boss. When Gnomes (alliance) appears in the chat drop your totems, AND RUN OUT, when he actually voices gnomes pop a pot and run back in. This gives you a GCD at the beginning to use an attack instead of dropping totems. The pot in this instance can always be counted on to only lose 1 second since the encounter starts right after.

Rotface

Stand right behind one of his feet. As he turns strafe and continue to DPS. Reduces the time you ahve to run around him, and ensures you dot get hit me the spray.

Putricide
    don't use BB in phase 1 or two. Frost giant's cleaver (for me) is a pretty close second weapon so I use that and switch in phase 3. Also use avalanche totem for those phases. In phase 3 switch to BB (if you have it) and the elemental ICC totem.

On the slime that blows up, position yourself so that the explosion blows you straight towards the boss. Reduces your run time greatly.

If you are not an engineer with rocket boots use a run speed enchant, not kidding...

On red ones run the red one away from the boss until about 60 % HP (judgement call). when you think you are far enough pop boots and run back to boss and resume DPS. Make sure you give your DPS enough space between you and the add to allow them to kill it.

That's all I got right now xD
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Re: Boss specific DPS boosters!

hey guise, didnt u knew? it's all about the numbers baby. THE NUMBERS! LOOK AT MY NUMBERS... here let me link recount for you - see how awesome i am?

oh can i snag a rez plz, i dont feel like running back from the gy.

i got a dps boost for you, how about on saurfang actually stunning, slowing, snaring, rooting, or whatever CC you have to help out your range dps that are trying to kill them - even if it costs you a spot or two on recount. like dropping earthbind totem instead of flametongue whenever the beasts appear (or whatever you do as elemental).

i'm telling you, these threads really need to be called something like 'small things you didnt know you could do to increase raid survivability and success'.... like for example maybe using cleansing totem on rotface in a pinch if your cleansers are occupied or dead.

or spamming chainheal on yourself if you're not resto during bonestorm phase of marrowgar, so it will bounce off you to nearby raid members who need healed - this will help out the healers.

etc etc etc.

intead of: hey lets think of ways to make sure we're top dps, screw everyone else. if i die im dyin on top of the meters.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by serif
    intead of: hey lets think of ways to make sure we're top dps, screw everyone else. if i die im dyin on top of the meters.
    try reading the thread next time champ. Nothing in your response is a rebuttle to anything I even said.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

@ Serif - I don't understand why you even post that. Over 90% of all shaman dps threads are about how bad our dps has been. So when someone starts a thread giving hints to other players how they can pump out a little more dps WITHOUT hurting their raid as a whole, you come in here and be a jerk. I see you have a lot of posts, are most of them QQ or Trolling posts? Grow up dude.

@ Astryx - I think you have a great thread starting here. I can see other shamans posting some good hints or stats to help maximize our dps without hurting raid synergy.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

hey guise, didnt u knew? it's all about the numbers baby. THE NUMBERS! LOOK AT MY NUMBERS... here let me link recount for you - see how awesome i am?

oh can i snag a rez plz, i dont feel like running back from the gy.
    Your post would have been relevant in yesterdays thread which I locked up, but today you are simply trolling a thread that has intentions to be useful. Please refrain from this in the future or you will receive a ban for your infraction.

OP: There are some fights where are primary purpose is to push as much dps as possible (Saurfang/Festergust). If your ranged dps is struggling to kill the adds on Saurfang with the use of hunter traps and pushbacks (ele sham/boomkin) it has come to a point of L2P. For your enhancement shaman to drop an Earthbind in place of SoE with intentions to help slow adds you are more than likely hurting the overall raid dps more than you would be benefiting.

For Putricide I still use the ele totem since the buff is 30 seconds and rarely falls off even with all the target switching. While running to the boss if you throw up flame shock first that should also keep it up more consistently, though the AP boost may be better for the burst damage you'd want on the adds. I will agree with you on BB for that fight though, so if you have an alternative +251 MH use that instead.

Also for Putricide, and this is more something the whole raid can do not just shaman, but learning to kite the orange add towards the boss so melee dps can instantly switch to the boss can make a difference as well. Our tank actually walks the boss with the melee group that is dpsing the adds for splash damage when we get behind on adds.

On DBS you can also time to pop wolves just before the fight as well to save on another GCD. That's the one fight it doesn't take me 5-8 seconds to setup and pop hero off the bat once the pull is made. If you have DBM and watch the combat starts timer it's easy.

Blood council, I highly suggest using a DK's Horn of Winter instead of dropping SoE totem, it will increase it's up time drastically unless you're not like me and don't redrop all totems instead of just MT when the bosses switch.

Marrowgar, if you drop your flame ele totem in the middle-ish of the room he should always be on the boss no matter how far he goes during the bonestorm phase.

Serif
    You are an idiot. It's not that I disagree with you on this. Every raid member should work to the survival of the raid but your examples are just plain stupid. Let me point out the inconsistencies.

i got a dps boost for you, how about on saurfang actually stunning, slowing, snaring, rooting, or whatever CC you have to help out your range dps that are trying to kill them - even if it costs you a spot or two on recount. like dropping earthbind totem instead of flametongue whenever the beasts appear (or whatever you do as elemental).
    Shamans can drop 4 classes of totems so he can have Flametongue totem up at the same time as earthbind. In this instance he is obviously playing as an Enchance shaman so that means putting away SoE (which DKs override anyways) and throwing out an Earthbind. If he was a Ele shaman with Earth's Grasp dropping it right off the bat would be the worst thing he could do since the beasts, now rooted, would begin hitting the mele rather than being kited like they are supposed to. Range should have no problem blowing up the beasts without too much help, frost trap, normal earth bind, piercing howl all work just fine. DBS is much more a dps race than a range kiting challenge since they changed him so he builds more BP on tanks than from beasts.

i'm telling you, these threads really need to be called something like 'small things you didnt know you could do to increase raid survivability and success'.... like for example maybe using cleansing totem on rotface in a pinch if your cleansers are occupied or dead.
    Have you ever done Rotface before? Cleansing ppl of the debuff spawns the ooze. If the person isn't in the right spot you can pop oozes in the middle of the raid doing much more overall damage than you would be saving. Oh and god help you if your cleansing totem which randomly cleanses ppl happens to pop two which merge in the mele. I'm sure the raid leader wont mind you just killed 3 ppl with your retarded totem, you were just trying to help.

or spamming chainheal on yourself if you're not resto during bonestorm phase of marrowgar, so it will bounce off you to nearby raid members who need healed - this will help out the healers.
    What terrible guild are you in where healers need help on bonestorm? I'm at a lost simply on how stupid that is.

That would be wise if every fight was about surviving the boss rather than killing it. So far out of the difficult bosses only Blood Princes is a survival fight. Rotface, Festergut, Putricide, Blood Queen all DPS races, and if you aren't doing them that way you're doing them wrong.

I am astounded that someone with a decent post count would write such a rambling idiotic post.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne
    mongoloid?! wtf is that, you sound like a festeezio(see i can make up words too)

u know a really great dps booster? if u have another sham, let him bloodlust, and right after it is over do something stupid and die, selfrez, and bloodlust yourself again.

IDK how productive/counterproductive this is, cause in case u die because u really did somethin stupid or ur healers did, ur kinda SOL, and also takes that selfrez ability away from the next few raids (30 mincd). But in reality if ur raid is very good, and nobody dies usually on most fights, then id say go for it, it can be a pretty productive dps increase. have fun payin the repair bills

Quote Originally Posted by Amphrodos
    u know a really great dps booster? if u have another sham, let him bloodlust, and right after it is over do something stupid and die, selfrez, and bloodlust yourself again.

IDK how productive/counterproductive this is, cause in case u die because u really did somethin stupid or ur healers did, ur kinda SOL, and also takes that selfrez ability away from the next few raids (30 mincd). But in reality if ur raid is very good, and nobody dies usually on most fights, then id say go for it, it can be a pretty productive dps increase. have fun payin the repair bills
    I know that Elemental shamans do not scale well with raid buffs so this may or may not hurt to try it, but won't Enhance shamans not gain much from doing this due to losing all your buffs and having to use a GCD just to re-drop your totems again? Interesting strat but I think others in my raid would think I had gone mental or something. Sham tells the raid, "No, I meant to die. It'll increase my dps." I think the next raid week I'll be looking at everyone's gear score outside if ICC while my raid spot is given to a more sane player. :P

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Quote Originally Posted by Amphrodos

If you're enhance you should double lust your dogs if you have another shaman in your raid, that's something you should always do though not just on ICC fights. I call for it over vent enough now that the ele shaman who does it for me has it macro'd to whisper me when he's used his.

I do it so consistently too that the boomkin times his pets with mine for it as well. >.>