after an 8 month hiatus confused

Hi guys,
    I stopped playing sometime last June when we were still working on Ulduar progression. I used to play disc but after massive trouble healing HoR i decided to go holy. but i have a lot of trouble keeping up with the dmg and my mana is always ridiculously low, i burn through it very quickly. when there is a lot of grp dmg, i usually try to keep renew up on everybody, have a prayer of mending bouncing around and then heal with CoH, FH and prayer of healing. please rate my gear and tell me what to shoot for next. also some basic holy tips and a comment on the usefulness of my build for healing 5mans would be greatly appreciated.
    im trying to get the offhand from HoR and save for the 128 int trinket, because im just so ridiculously low on mana all the time. after that im going to get the cloak for EoF and the t9 pants for EoT. please help me, as i really doubt my skills after the long break i took.
    yesterday i healed Forge of souls hc with an all melee grp (pala tank, rogue, dk, warrior dds and me). in the caster groups i had a lot of trouble keeping everybody alive and on the last boss only the tank and i didnt die. granted, that might also be because of idiot dpsers who dont watch out for debuffs and such yet i still felt inadequate.

since im updating wow right now i cant change my outfit, but i wear a lot of the same stuff in shadow as in heal

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...th&n=Doktoroec

head, choker, cloak, wrist, belt, pants, rings and weapons are the same. my robes are the mordrethar thingys, shoulder and gloves are t9 and my trinkets are http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45292 and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37111

thanks in advance

edit: i relogged in my holy gear now
    The World of Warcraft is a game of much complexity, sometimes there's fire, and you have to not stand in it

xheouls guide to wow.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: after an 8 month hiatus confused

a) when you're undergeared, heroic HoR is really hard and depending on your tank and dpsers pretty much impossible to heal through
    b) People dying at the last boss in Forge of Souls is mostly their own or others fault, but prolly never the healers. When 2 dps do 6k dps each and the third gets the mirrored soul debuff and the other 2 don't stop there's no healing in the world that will save him.

The only advice I can give is pretty much run random heroics as often as you can until you have 4T9 plus ilevel 245 offset items.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

i've healed through HoR just fine as disc once with a group that knew what it was doing, yet one other time i couldn't keep the group up after falwynn with a bear tank and i took a bad rap that was really humiliating. my armory should be updated in a few minutes with my healing gear on. comments on gemming / enchanting would also be greatly appreciated
    The World of Warcraft is a game of much complexity, sometimes there's fire, and you have to not stand in it

xheouls guide to wow.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    a) when you're undergeared, heroic HoR is really hard and depending on your tank and dpsers pretty much impossible to heal through
    This poster is quite correct. HoR CAN be harder than a ToC10, if either the group comp is skewed or the dps don't kill the waves in the correct order. If you're in a HoR group, heroic or otherwise, make sure the DPS are taking out the Mercenary, Priest, and then Mage in that order. All other adds are cake.

Also, some recommend doing Line of Sight pulls, while other groups choose open combat. The open combat method is a bit harder, but allows for better sight of the mobs, which is a problem when everyone is clumped up in a corner, via the LoS method.

The only 2 healing classes I've seen that seem to have little to no trouble in that instance are Shamans followed by druids, so the deck IS stacked a little against you, but that's easily overcome. In short, it's not only the responsibility of the tank and healer to keep a group alive, but the DPS as well. They need to not go ass-crazy on whatever the closest add is. They HAVE to take down the adds in a specific order.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    b) People dying at the last boss in Forge of Souls is mostly their own or others fault, but prolly never the healers. When 2 dps do 6k dps each and the third gets the mirrored soul debuff and the other 2 don't stop there's no healing in the world that will save him.
    Agreed again. This fight isn't so much a test of the healer as it is a test of the dps. As long as people pay attention and recognize that this boss is more of a strategic fight rather than a "burn-his-ass-to-the-ground" kinda fight, then the fight itself isn't really that healing intensive. If people are dying quickly, and you're fighting to keep everyone healed, then you have a DPS in your group that's failing to stop the DPS on Mirrored Soul....which is bad. Also, and I can't remember off hand the name of the ability, but he has a castable AoE cone spell that does a considerable amount of damage as well, but this can be interrupted, so try to have someone on that as well.

Now, as to the WAY your healing, I wish I could give some insight, but alas, I know too little about the priest class to give any sort of informed advice. The only thing I can see is that even though you AREN'T Disc anymore, those shields can still be helpful, so toss a few on some folks to make it a bit less rush-rush for you.

Good luck from here on out. I hope your next foray into Forge of Souls and Halls of Reflection are less frustrating and more enjoyable.

Though a minor tweak, I suggest getting the Glyph of Renew instead of Glyph of Spirit of Redemption.

Aim for these gems:

Meta: Insightful Earthsiege Diamond
    Red: Runed Cardinal Ruby
    Orange: Reckless Ametrine (haste) or Potent Ametrine (crit)
    Purple: Purified Dreadstone

Also, try to get more spirit on your gear, this increases your mp5 as well as your healing!

im gonna change my meta, but what about my build? is it viable for 5mans and ten man healing? ill change my pvp items for EoF and EoT rewards, so that my spirit will go up by a bit, but isn't int a little better at my gearlvl, because will scales with int, too, so unless i get a little more int even will wont make sense!

xheouls guide to wow.

Deleted

change your glyph of spirit of redemption... take glyph of flash heal or renew instead of it
    take 3 points in serendipity instead of improved healing...
    change lightweave emroidery to darkglow if you heave mana problems
    change meta socket to 21 intel+ chance on restore mana
    change enchant on boots...tuskarr or 18 spirit
    and try socket blue sockets...intel spirit or haste spirit
    yellow nad red sockets...SP intel, intel, SP haste

10+ Year Old Account

As for HoR to make it a real cakewalk bring a shadow priest friend for dps and you've got 2x shackle

Quote Originally Posted by Oakjoven
    This poster is quite correct. HoR CAN be harder than a ToC10, if either the group comp is skewed or the dps don't kill the waves in the correct order.

The only 2 healing classes I've seen that seem to have little to no trouble in that instance are Shamans followed by druids, so the deck IS stacked a little against you, but that's easily overcome.
    First I gotta say that group comp can be a big factor, especially depending on skill/gear of the group. If you don't have or aren't using any CC, it's going to make healing it a lot more difficult, especially doing the LoS method since there will be a lot more damage to the tank and the group. Not so much you can do about the group if you get HoR as a random, but you can suggest using CC if it's available to make it easier on you. That of course is usually easier to do if you stay in the open, which most groups/tanks don't know how to do.

As far as which classes have no trouble, again it really all comes down to skill and gear (not just the healer though, it's the whole group). I've easily cleared it with my shaman, and then been in there again and the first boss destroyed us because of his 6 second stun. He feared us (so we all were low hp) I got the 6 second stun, barely topped up part of the group, then got feared again and stunned again so we wiped (tank got mad and said I was bad for not healing...). Chain heal is quite effective using the LoS method, but not being able to cleanse that stun sucks and when the group is very spread out after a fear it can be difficult to top everyone off.

My druid I found to be somewhat easy even though I was lesser geared than my shaman. Rolling rejuve/regrowth on everyone just before the fears on the first boss means that you can focus on trying to keep the tank as high as possible with that debuff he gets. Only have to re-HoT the group before the next fear. Druid was also nice for (as well as shaman) for decursing on the LK fight since that shadow damage curse can be nasty. It sucks if your dps is stupid (as they usually are in my groups) and stand in front of the aboms though since you can't cleanse the disease, never mind the fact that aboms cleave too.

The first boss as Disc was similar to my druid. Make sure everyone has a shield up and you negate most of the damage from the fears. Shield > heals when there is a healing debuff as well, not to mention if/when the tank starts getting low you've got pain suppression to help you out. Plus they are all undead trash mobs so you can help CC to make your own job easier. Only thing you should have a problem with is the poison and curse, and if you don't have someone to remove them. It makes it a lot more difficult but you can still do it. I've honestly never tried Holy though I wanted to because it seems like the extra healing would be good in some places.

Only healer I don't have is a Pally, but I've been through there with more than one, and they healed it just fine. I imagine pally probably has the hardest time with a lot of group damage going around. Basically my point was that each class has their pros and cons to healing HoR. Bad group comp or gear/skill of the group will have more to do with your success than which class is healing it.

I doubt that the problem is you. HoR requires a lot from the whole group (as do all 3 ICC 5 mans). Make sure the group is using all their skills to help out with cleansing/CC etc, and if they aren't, don't let them blame you for not healing through all the avoidable damage. I love Disc healing especially in places like this where you can pre shield for the fears etc, it "almost" makes them easy. Only problem I see as Disc is stupid groups (usually the dps). They will stand in poison/void zones or in front of mobs with frontal/cleave attacks. Now it's bound to happen from time to time, but with a shield up they won't notice it until the shield breaks and now you have to spend more GCDs healing them. Instead of the shield absorbing the unavoidable damage, it's just absorbing stupidity.

tl;dr ... You should be able to heal it as any healer just fine. It's going to require teamwork, so if one of your members isn't doing their job, make sure they know what to do or replace them.