Choose Rogue or Warrior

Hi folks,

just want to ask a quick question. Got a lvl 80 rogue and a lvl 80 warrior. both with decend gear. I just want to prepare myself to Cataclysm and want to know what you think is the better class ATM and in Cataclysm?

Re: Choose Rogue or Warrior

Warrior , with ICC gear you can get on 70% ArP if you're Arms

mage

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag7
    Yes

Clearly the one that uses a melee weapon. Or two perhaps ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag7
    Yes

1) wait for cataclysm and look what changes.
    2) play the class you want to play

I play both and the Rogue is easier to play by far

The other advantage for rogues
    #1 there are generally very few in each raid
    #2 They are the Highest dps in the game hands down
    #3 they only role against feral druids for non tier gear (the warrior roles against 2 other classes which are both hybrids so tons will be in every raid)
    #4 Vanish is the most awesome ability ever when you realize you don't have to run back and you have no repair bill.

I remain unconvinced much will change for warriors in cataclysm because that is the same line blizzard has been feeding them since Vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Xarvian
    1) wait for cataclysm and look what changes.
    2) play the class you want to play
    You shouldn't let what others feel about the two classes drive you away from playing one you really want to. You may take their advice, and find out after you've finished gearing it up that you would have much rather spent that time on the opposite.

And.. you may not have asked for this reason, but normally "Which is better, which should I choose" just end up in people arguing and flaming the class they don't like.
    ☼Tanks are the earth. Healers are the sun. DPS are the asteroids bouncing around the universe asking if anyone saw how they wiped out those dinosaurs.☼
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    As much as I'd like to screw every single one of you, no, we don't "screw the majority".

Stick to the warrior, you don't seem skilled enough for a rogue.

10+ Year Old Account

I have 3 80 rogue warrior and Druid and ima level my Warrior first, mainly cause he was my first character, but i also like my rogue i think you should just play the one thats more fun for you
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light. Hunters do it with the help of animal companions.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric
    Stick to the warrior, you don't seem skilled enough for a rogue.
    Humorous because rogues require very little skill to play.

Managing energy is far easier then managing rage. Especially when taking stance dancing into the equation.

I have both a level 80 war and rogue, both well versed in pvp and pve.

I find the rogue to be far easier to play, and at the same time much more versatile.

Warriors have better survivability against physical damage, but seeing as only warriors and feral druids do mostly physical damage, it doesn't really matter in PVP situations.
    Rogues, DKs, Ret, Ele shamans are all 30% + Magical damage

In PVP:

Arms warriors get shut out when you don't have a healer or someone to dispel snares in your group.
    Fury warriors are horrible.
    Prot warriors can be fun, however they no longer have burst capability.
    Rogues of each spec have a reasonable set of tools to deal with all classes and specs.

In PVE:

Arms warriors have a more complex rotation that is a but more involving than most dps specs
    Fury warriors are similar to enhance shamans in ret paladins as you basically just press your skills that are not on cooldown, with the occasional slam proc.
    Prot Warriors can tank, but is the most difficult tanking class to play due to a deep arsenal of abilities and poor AoE threat

Rogues have a very basic rotation for both raid specs, combat and mutilate. You never have to spam your keys since you're dealing with energy, playing a rogue is easier on the fingers.

If you want a real challenge play a warrior.
    If you want to piss people off in PVP and top the damage meters in PVE, play a rogue.
    skott#1374 - add me to expand your b.net friends list of reliable players for raiding/arena.

Video if myself raid healing, raid dps, and raid tanking:

http://goo.gl/wNZeS5

disco priest.

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinOrcWarrior
    Humorous because rogues require very little skill to play.
    Managing energy is far easier then managing rage. Especially when taking stance dancing into the equation.
    I have both a level 80 war and rogue, both well versed in pvp and pve.
    I find the rogue to be far easier to play, and at the same time much more versatile.
    Warriors have better survivability against physical damage, but seeing as only warriors and feral druids do mostly physical damage, it doesn't really matter in PVP situations.
    Rogues, DKs, Ret, Ele shamans are all 30% + Magical damage

In PVP:
    Arms warriors get shut out when you don't have a healer or someone to dispel snares in your group.
    Fury warriors are horrible.
    Prot warriors can be fun, however they no longer have burst capability.
    Rogues of each spec have a reasonable set of tools to deal with all classes and specs.

In PVE:

Arms warriors have a more complex rotation that is a but more involving than most dps specs
    Fury warriors are similar to enhance shamans in ret paladins as you basically just press your skills that are not on cooldown, with the occasional slam proc.
    Prot Warriors can tank, but is the most difficult tanking class to play due to a deep arsenal of abilities and poor AoE threat

Rogues have a very basic rotation for both raid specs, combat and mutilate. You never have to spam your keys since you're dealing with energy, playing a rogue is easier on the fingers.
    If you want a real challenge play a warrior.
    If you want to piss people off in PVP and top the damage meters in PVE, play a rogue.
    Coming from a warrior who rerolled to play a rogue, you're flat out wrong. If you're talking about playing a rogue poorly or at minimal potential than sure I will conceed that they are simple, if you're speaking about mastering the rogue class then no. The skill ceiling is much higher on a rogue, most people simply cannot understand because they themselves never met full potential on whatever class they play, and the amount of good rogues in the world are probably in the double digits. I rerolled to rogue when they nerfed rage on warriors, combat rogues make energy feel like the old rage.

Coming from a warrior who rerolled to play a rogue, you're flat out wrong. If you're talking about playing a rogue poorly or at minimal potential than sure I will conceed that they are simple, if you're speaking about mastering the rogue class then no. The skill ceiling is much higher on a rogue, most people simply cannot understand because they themselves never met full potential on whatever class they play, and the amount of good rogues in the world are probably in the double digits. I rerolled to rogue when they nerfed rage on warriors, combat rogues make energy feel like the old rage.
    what potential?

keeping snd up, and spamming muti & envenom?

like 70% of rogue damage comes from just autoattack+poisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Strah
    what potential?

keeping snd up, and spamming muti & envenom?

like 70% of rogue damage comes from just autoattack+poisons.
    Yeah not sure of the potential you speak of. To master a rogue you just make little changes.

Mutilate:

- Refresh Hunger for Blood with only 1 second left
    - Get Slice and Dice up immediatly
    - Never dip below 15 energy in case you have to kick
    - Tricks of the trade at key moments
    - Never hit max energy mid-combat
    - Use cooldowns at key moments
    - Help with disarms/kicks/stuns to prevent incoming damage
    - Use cloak of shadows at key moments
    - Vanish to increase energy regen for 20 seconds

How difficult is that?

Combat:

- Refresh Slice and Dice without overlapping
    - Killing Spree when low on energy only
    - Adrenaline Rush + Blade Flurry + Trinket at key moments (especially for cleaving)
    - Tricks of the trade at key moments
    - Never hit max energy mid-combat
    - Help with disarms/kicks/stuns to prevent incoming damage
    - Use cloak of shadows at key moments
    - Vanish at key moments.

Once again very difficult.

Arms Warrior Raid DPS:

- Let rend drop before refreshing, but don't refresh it if execute proc, overpower proc, or mortal strike are available.
    - Only use overpower with 4-6 seconds remaining on buff
    - Don't use Execute with Sweeping Strikes since it does half damage
    - Bladestorm only 3+ enemies when ALL have high threat on the tank
    - Rend multiple targets when overpower, execute, and mortal strike is not available
    - Replace slam with execute when target is below 20%
    - Add heroic strike into rotation if over 80 rage, or cleave if more than 1 enemy.
    - Shattering throw at key moments
    - Keep up sunder stacks if no other warriors in raid
    - Bloodrage if low on rage
    - Berserker rage to gain rage when receiving damage
    - Taunt/Shield Equip - Shield Wall - Shield Block Macro to save peoples lives.
    - Switch defensive + intervene macro to escape situations or save peoples lives.
    - Switch defensive + shield equip + shield bash macro to interrupt
    - Switch defensive + spell reflect to prevent incoming damage to yourself
    - Switch berserker stance, recklessness at key moments

It appears an arms warrior has far more to pay attention to as far as raid contribution goes.
    skott#1374 - add me to expand your b.net friends list of reliable players for raiding/arena.

Video if myself raid healing, raid dps, and raid tanking:

http://goo.gl/wNZeS5

oh, you're only looking at pve dps. Since when was damage rotations the benchmark of difficulty? My has the community been watered down

oh, you're only looking at pve dps. Since when was damage rotations the benchmark of difficulty? My has the community been watered down
    Assuming someone has no interest whatsoever in PvP, what else is there to base class difficulty on?
    The pen is mightier than the sword, especially if properly sharpened and in the hands of a well trained ninja.

It comes down to one simple question:

Do you prefer Charger or Stealth?

A warrior charges in and either he comes out alive or he dies. A warrior ping pongs between mobs hitting like a freight train.

A rogue picks off targets 1 by 1 and gets the job done. A rogue is a surgical knife, killing and getting out before hes ever in danger.