Warrior Forum Suggestion

This is directed mainly at moderators but others are free to chime in (constructively).

I, and many others I have noticed, have been slightly annoyed by the number of "Help my dps..." threads. I saw in the warlock forum a stickied post named, "Help my DPS." I think it would be constructive and advantageous to the warrior forum to create stickied threads were people seeking help can post their armory and summary of their problems.

And to keep confusion at a minimum, set up an Arms and a Fury thread for each:
    "Help my Fury DPS"
    "Help my Arms DPS"
    Furthermore, maybe start off each with a guide to gear (BiS), itemization, gemming, glyphing, and rotation. I would even be willing to put something like this together.

Any thoughts?

Re: Warrior Forum Suggestion

Personally, I do not see an issue with someone asking for help.

They make a new post, ask their questions, hopefully get some decent answers along with the troll flames, in a few days it disappears into the nether beyond the first page.

I noticed there was one such thread locked by a moderator with no explanation, and it now appears to be deleted.

There is no need or wish for these forums to go the same way elitistjerks is (for the record, I have no issue with the way their forums are run).

Having a 'sticky' for everything is counter productive because it would require more moderation than other posts simply as it will always be on the front page.

15+ Year Old Account

I agree with the above post. That's what these forums are for...asking for help, and discussing the class mechanics, etc.
    New threads cover new questions, etc, yeah, there is some repetitiveness, but you can't help that. I don't mind answer peoples question.
    We aren't elitist here, we aren't jerks. No need to make it like Elitistjerks.com

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account

no need to go all EJ on people, but if someone;s asking for help on their personal dps;
    Are you using all your ilvl stats (Gearscore doesn;t do shit for most people.. I can be on 5.5k gs and do shit dps becuase it wont give a damn if I use tank trinks or dps trinks)
    Are you exp & hit capped
    Are you aware of what stats affect your dps? Are you aware of what is the best stat to ge for right now, given your current gearsetup?
    Are you aware of what your class is about?

Asheowyn - Shandelzare - Anessa - Shandelzhare

I'm sick of seeing all these "HURR DURR AM I GUD FOR GEM ARMPEN????111" when the people CLEARLY have not researched it AT ALL.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

A fellow moderator actually asked me if he thought this exact idea was a good idea a few days ago.

I told him that I thought that the personal threads were simply part of what made this forum the way it is. You can't go on EJs and ask people to critique your gear...you'll get insta banned. If we started a sticky for it, it'd just turn into another "rate this warrior" thread. People would get skipped, you'd get ONE person critiquing you (and he/she may be a complete moron).

I think personally people get to ask, others get to respond, and then I and a few others tend to grade the graders in a sense. It works.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    A fellow moderator actually asked me if he thought this exact idea was a good idea a few days ago.

I told him that I thought that the personal threads were simply part of what made this forum the way it is. You can't go on EJs and ask people to critique your gear...you'll get insta banned. If we started a sticky for it, it'd just turn into another "rate this warrior" thread. People would get skipped, you'd get ONE person critiquing you (and he/she may be a complete moron).

I think personally people get to ask, others get to respond, and then I and a few others tend to grade the graders in a sense. It works.
    100% agreed

Quote Originally Posted by BaddyMcBad
    I'm sick of seeing all these "HURR DURR AM I GUD FOR GEM ARMPEN????111" when the people CLEARLY have not researched it AT ALL.
    I don't see how making a single fix my dps sticky is gonna help this problem. If people can't use the sticky at the top of the page titled Armor Penetration for Dummies, then they're not going to be motivated to search through what will most definitly be a lengthy thread to find their answer.

When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    I don't see how making a single fix my dps sticky is gonna help this problem. If people can't use the sticky at the top of the page titled Armor Penetration for Dummies, then they're not going to be motivated to search through what will most definitly be a lengthy thread to find their answer.

It's not going to. We have a DPS for Dummies sticky, and a Arms Warrior guide, and people are still asking for hit rating suggestions.

>.>

Lazy people are lazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.