Problem with haste.

Okay I won Dislodged today and I currently have 1007 unbuffed. Is this too much along side with the 12% haste 2 set bonus?

Got to remember that throughout the fight ill be popping Icy V and having hero popped. (Using wild magic instead of speed pot so that's all cleared up).

Really not sure about having this much haste + 2 set ><

Some help?
    Omén, Human Mage - Blade's Edge EU.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blade%27s+Edge&n=Om%C3%A9n

Re: Problem with haste.

I do play a warlock, so keep in mind this may not be exactly the same....

Haste does run into issues with bloodlust. The haste cap is different from spec to spec (can't tell what you run, armory isn't loading) but bloodlust is only one portion of the fight. When you do a fight like festergut, rotface, or saurfang... the enrage or soft enrage is generally 5-6 minutes. Bloodlust only lasts 40. Gimping yourself on haste for most of the fight so that you don't GCD clip for 20% is not a good idea. You'll have to look at the stat values yourself and decide if crit is a better option once you reach to so called "soft" hast ecap, but from what i've seen.... you have to majorly sacrifice other stats to get haste up to a point where it is really a problem (1300 ish?).

Conclusion being mainly that if haste is the best stat for your spec? Keep it at a point below the threshold. Don't ignore haste gear just because you think you're near the cap, but also don't skip over stuff just because it doesn't have a massive amount of haste.

A mage will have to chip in for the haste caps for individual specs, but as far as arcane goes.... i have mages in my guild nearing the 1k range without any real issues.

I suppose having a massive server lag doesnt help me judge this lol I guess ill leave it for abit and just try it out. Just when I think of the numbers (1k haste + 12%) it feels like its miles over cap lol (42% total) and then heroism/raid buffs and whatever else.
    Omén, Human Mage - Blade's Edge EU.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blade%27s+Edge&n=Om%C3%A9n

You can never have too much haste! (Well unless your raw haste is GCD capped)

At any rate, with that much haste, the general idea is to stagger your CD's. I.E Don't pop IV while Hero/BL is active.

Hopefully another mage with that much haste will comment. I'm setting at 825 and even under Hero/BL, IV and Black Magic i'm only hitting 1.1sec AB's. (No 2pT10 yet either /sad)

Cap is supposedly 50% (1640 haste!), so on raw haste, you won't hit cap. Taking into account just the 12% haste from CDs, cap is 1246.

Granted you get haste from ele shamans and such, but frankly... you have to try pretty hard to get up to 1200 haste.

0.9sec AB's are awesome =)

the game gets magnificently hard to play due to server lag, but still awesome

Its time to stagger your CDs. Its good to know when your guild is going to use lust and time your IV around that. Going below 1 second cast is just a waste. but that much haste is nice, im currently sitting at 1001 and i wish i had that trinket.
    ARMORY LINKS- Mage - Paladin

10+ Year Old Account