Deleted

Recording in-game (WoW) stuff, help wanted for a n00b director

So I decided I want to record some of my in-game time I spend in WoW - mostly PvP stuff - and make a movie or two out of it. I never really recorded anything serious before, though.

So I was wondering if you guys have any tips for me, on what (free/affordable) programs to use to record and edit video (and audio) footage? Maybe a point in a direction for some tutorials I can follow? Any general tips and tricks, do's and don'ts with making such movies, etc?

Would be very much appreciated.

Deleted

Re: Recording in-game (WoW) stuff, help wanted for a n00b director

Best is fraps I think, but a free alternative: http://v2.planetgamecam.com/?locid=features

To edit you'll need a video editing program though (Windows Movie Maker for example)

15+ Year Old Account

You can also look in to Xfire. It has options for video record and live broadcasts.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    You can also look in to Xfire. It has options for video record and live broadcasts.
    I'm not sure about recording, but I've tried broadcasting and I've had quite some trouble with that. It's still nice for chatting though :>

15+ Year Old Account

I downloaded the most recent version and had no issues setting up a live broadcast. I have not yet tried video capture, but seeing as that feature was available before the live broadcast, I'd assume some of the wrinkles were pressed out of it. It might not be the best option for some, but more options are better than less.

If you are planning to do the live broadcast, make sure you can handle some odd graphics. I was in a heroic UK testing the live broadcast. Without Xfire broadcasting, 120 fps. With Xfire broadcasting, 41 fps, but it had an obvious visual "stutter". It's tough to explain.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    I downloaded the most recent version and had no issues setting up a live broadcast. I have not yet tried video capture, but seeing as that feature was available before the live broadcast, I'd assume some of the wrinkles were pressed out of it. It might not be the best option for some, but more options are better than less.

If you are planning to do the live broadcast, make sure you can handle some odd graphics. I was in a heroic UK testing the live broadcast. Without Xfire broadcasting, 120 fps. With Xfire broadcasting, 41 fps, but it had an obvious visual "stutter". It's tough to explain.
    Haven't tried it recently, last time I tried was during Naxx-25, when it was just released :> Hopefully it's better now.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Logicaly
    Haven't tried it recently, last time I tried was during Naxx-25, when it was just released :> Hopefully it's better now.
    It was actually quite good, aside from the graphical "stutter". Like I said, it's really had to explain, but you know how around 25 fps things look smooth, yet you can tell it's just slightly off (and usually have a bit of eye strain)? While broadcasting, I had that feeling around 40 fps.

My computer is a bit of a mid-range system nowadays, though.