[Movies] Crank and Crank 2

Definitely not your standard action movie. While Jason Statham can be a questionable actor to some, I think his role in these movies was pretty awesome. The first one was more "serious" while the second one was plain outrageous and over the top (...well...both are.)

What do you guys think of the Crank movies? Love em? Hate em? Why?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Crank and Crank 2

Crank was ok, Havent seen the second. It sounds like a cash in though.

"once again.. he needs to do extreme stuff to stay alive!"

That and.. Amy Smart is listed as a co-star, on the box cover no less and yet her only role in the movie is to screw the dude... That and I kinda feel like Jason Statham is like the UK's Steven Segal. He had a couple good movies but eventually he's going to be in lots of made for TV crap :P

Deleted
    Crank 1 was awesome but second was wasn't so good anymore

You know, for being a dumb, over-the-top movie, I really enjoyed Crank 1. Guilty pleasure, if you will. Crank #2 was okay, but definitely not as good as number one.

What? I can't believe this is happening. I remember watching Crank 2 with some of my mates while stoned. It was one of the BEST movies I've ever seen. Regardless of whether you're stoned or not, the movie is fucking HILARIOUS. Obviously, it's not supposed to be taken seriously. I mean, take for example the scene where Chelios steals a car and is on a freeway. Some mexicans (?) come to his side talking shit about racing. Takes his eyes off the wheel, slams the car into that concrete slab, goes out the window. Mexicans come up to him, obviously intimidated and mentally crippled by what just happened and simply revel in Chev's awesomeness. They look like if he would've asked, they would've licked his balls, or something.

For me, that was incredibly hilarious. I mean, I remember crying because of laughter for like 30 minutes. Almost forgot about the scene where he gets captured by El Hurron/The Ferret (fucking hilarious nickname). Crank 2 is a work of art. I watch it at least once a week, just to cheer me up.

//Crank 1 sucked major balls. Chelios was nowhere near the badass he's in the sequel.
    ///sorry if my post is counted as a spoiler, but if you're considering watching the movie for the story...don't.
    Last edited by Legion; 2012-02-09 at 09:03 PM.

If this is the kind of stuff you want, the movies deliver.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Crank 1 cause for an action flick it had an original story and it had substance

Crank 2, well... meh

Deleted
    Crank was cool and I love Jason Statham. But Crank 2 was a bit too much, alright, I didnt hate the movie, but at some point I felt like the movie was a bit over the top.

Deleted
    both are quite entertaining action movies.
    first one though is more "realistic" (if that can be said at all^^)
    and second one is clearly focused on constant action.

all in all, quite entertaining and funny, especially when watched with some friends (that like this kind of movies^^)

They're great movies.

As has been said, Crank the first is a more "realistic" film with a new and novel concept. Excellent action movie.
    Crank 2 is a mindless over-the-top action-fest, and as such is pure awesome.

The films are different genres as far as I'm concerned, and they both deliver respectively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space