What is the popular winning strategy for Isle now?

I'm seeing a lot of people say workshop now, and maybe 1/3 people(including me) going docks. i rarely play this bg anymore and its my daily tonite

Re: What is the popular winning strategy for Isle now?

The most popular strategy now is to gather enough people to start the game.

Deleted

hangar all the time

I seem to win most games by taking hangar/workshop, and have a little team take down enemy vehicles from docks, but I guess it differs from battlegroup to battlegroup
    Signature.. Am I doing this right?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Most games I've done, we take the docks and use the glaive throwers to drop a keep wall from afar, out of range of the keep defenses. After that, zerg boss. It works most of the time. The battle for the dock base is epic every time.

Since alliance thinks it is a smart move that ALL run to hangar, alliance wins less. But I act as a magnet for idiocy (and 7 vs 15 arathi basins) anyway, I always have those failgroups while the rest of my guild always wins in every bg.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Control Hangar and Workshop, get a lot of people in the enemy base, start bombing with huge bombs from inside while you get your Demos coming.

And have 5-6 rogue/feral druids stealth and oneshot Glaives of the other team that still think its a good idea to get Docks.

Thats the alliance strategy on BG9 and it works >

Hanger
    Gunship
    Courtyard
    Bombs
    Gates

I still find docks to be the best bet, the glaives and cata's can all be used out of range of the base defense and seem to do equal damage if not more. Only time i dislike getting docks is when you have a few that just won't bother helping to defend them. Also going docks actually feels like doing PvP not just hiding in the air and then running back and forth with bombs

Offensive strats aside, I find the best strat is to play a Strong D while holding Hangar as much as possible.

If you see Glaives pounding the gates from afar, run out and kill them, don't be shy!
    When in doubt, check a spreadsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag7
    Wait, ppl are actually playing this terrible bg ?!?
    Unfortunately, yes. I maxed out my marks in all the other bgs, and now only need the isle marks for the turn ins.

IMO the best strat is to have 3/4 of the raid go hangar and the rest play d, focusing on taking down the glaives and demos.