Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Lich King World First Kill by Ensidia

Congratulations to Ensidia, and anybody else beating final encouter of WOTLK, job well done!

The circumstances are bit unsettling, however, such a major bug should not get into live version in the first place. Of all encounters in WOTLK, this one should have been thoroughly tested. No matter how obscure the initiation process for this bug is it should have been spotted and fixed before releasing to public.
    It was mentioned earlier in this thread, Ensidia and other top guilds will hardly miss anything this major when they check their logs and parses.
    It comes down to point whether you expect that players will police themselves, effectively doing Blizzard's job. I would assume that GMs were watching Ensidia progressing on LK. If there was such apparent bug they should have disabled LK encounter for them and any other guilds on him at that time to keep the grounds even and the encounter still enjoyable in its full complexity.
    However, anybody saying they should have stopped attempting LK is just fooling themselves, or lying to fuel hate against Ensidia. Im sure no guild seriously aiming for world first kills would stop their attempts on something not publicly acknowledged by Blizzard.

I dont want to ignore implication of the bug and its fast hotfix, therefore, I would appreciate Blizzard--not Ensidia restricting themselves--simply does not allow ICC HM being accessible in next reset for anybody for at least one more week.
    First part of race is over, both 10 and 25-man achievements are claimed, we can now focus on HM. Blizzard should make all effort to help to settle the situation that their carelessness caused.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd
    I wonder why only Ensidia "has used the bug" so to speak. Saronite on CD has been best dps for rogues for a while, I'd expect more cutting edge guilds to have rogues with this rotation (and thus use the exploit unwittingly).
    I'm sure every other guild that attempted Arthas prior to the hotfix figured out it was saronite bombs causing the platform to rebuild and thus told all their engineers to stop using them.

Quote Originally Posted by LordArcsinh
    When healers and tanks are getting it (as seen in characters' statistics pages with the most recent updated stat being "maximum engineering schemata known"), there is something rotten in the state of Denmark.
    Which characters?

Grats Ensidia!

I am 100% sure that none of the other top-guilds would have stopped raiding that night if they were in the same position that Ensidia were when when they got their kill.

Things like this shit can happen when things isnt tested enough, I blame Blizzard for it, not Ensidia.

Congratulation Ensidia.

Grats Ensidia,

If Saronite bombs is a well known dps increase as a lot say then its safe to assume that 99% of the guilds in with a shot of getting world first kill on Lich King would have been using it.

NOW - considering 99% of the guilds who are attempting this are using the bombs and therefore triggering the bug how is it none of the "morally upstanding" guilds out there (especially the US servers who have had the encounter for 24 hours longer) have reported it before now???? If I was in one of those guilds and noticed that "Wooahhh guys Saronite bombs is bugging the encounter, we should stop using it."
    I'M certain that info would have found its way onto one of the fan sites in one way or another... think about it... your attempting world first.. suddenly you realise the fight is bugged and you have to change the way you normally play. Are you seriously telling me you wouldnt want to let the community know.. "hey guys, just so you all know the fight is bugged and any world first using bombs shouldnt be valid"
    Considering we never heard anything about it until the Ensidia kill its safe to assume that either the bug was not at all easy to pin down to a specific ability or that all the top end raiding guilds are / were using the same bug in there attempts.

Massive assumptions I know but no less than half the people in this thread and probably not far from the truth either.
    We dont stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing

Still waiting for legit kill. I hope we will see one this week. Another "hodir fix" :P
    But gratz anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by kungfumonkey
    NOW - considering 99% of the guilds who are attempting this are using the bombs and therefore triggering the bug how is it none of the "morally upstanding" guilds out there (especially the US servers who have had the encounter for 24 hours longer) have reported it before now???? If I was in one of those guilds and noticed that "Wooahhh guys Saronite bombs is bugging the encounter, we should stop using it."
    To come to that conclusion you first need to know it's a bug. And when you enter into an encounter you've not seen before, start tossing bombs and notice siege damage, do you really stop dead in your tracks and think "That has to be a bug" or do you continue and just presume it's part of the fight? Of course, it's easy to know it's a bug once Blizzard tells us, but did anyone even debate this before the blue post?

Deleted

So Ensidia did another "clever usage" kill that would have gotten any other no name guild banned for a week. meh

Blizzards QA department must consist of nutless monkeys, cause ohh maa gawd do they suck

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar
    So Ensidia did another "clever usage" kill that would have gotten any other no name guild banned for a week. meh
    Yeah after all, with such an obvious bug it makes perfect sense to exploit it, claim the worlds first title on your site and then just wait for the attacks to start. I mean that's a really smart move isn't it. Some small unknown guild looking for 24hours of glory? Yes. Ensidia? I don't buy it. They don't even need to go for glory on these fights, all they care about is the hard modes. I bet they wish they didn't even bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected
    To come to that conclusion you first need to know it's a bug. And when you enter into an encounter you've not seen before, start tossing bombs and notice siege damage, do you really stop dead in your tracks and think "That has to be a bug" or do you continue and just presume it's part of the fight? Of course, it's easy to know it's a bug once Blizzard tells us, but did anyone even debate this before the blue post?
    Thats my point, I'm on Ensidias side. If it is such an "obvious" bug as people claim and "no one else is using it" then why was it not reported sooner.

The Lich King fight will have / is probably under the microscope more than any other encounter in the games history with people wanting all the info NOW... how is it such a supposedly obvious bug was not reported until after the Ensidia kill!!!!!
    We dont stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

I might be wrong and I probably am but I swear I remember a kill a couple of months ago where one guild used a bug and I think another guild reported them, they all got banned. I dont get how this is different ?

EDIT: Think it was the last boss of ulduar.

You're probably thinking of the guild that used an exploit to kill Yogg +0. There's a difference between knowingly using an exploit to down a boss and finding out afterwards that there was a bug that helped you kill the boss. I'm sure they'd get banned like anyone else if Blizzard suspected anything.
    [/url]

The amount of popcorn sadness material in this thread is already astounding.

Carry on.

In other news: congrats Ensidia.

oh come one, not this BS again.

Its all Blizzards fault. Not testing LK? Its not like they are broke.

And everyone comparing exploits with normal game mechanics is either retarded, a hater or retarded.

Anub also was no exploit from paragon. It was also just using a game mechanic. And its blizzards fault when a game mechanic gives you a big advantage.

On top of that its really unfair to let a guild kill it and then change something just because your quality assurance consists of two people.

Also im so sure all the other guilds were using it and if you think they stopped because they thought it was a bug then you arent the brightest fish in the sea.

When you evade mobs on purpose or do something to skip entire phases then its exploiting. But if you play in a normal way and blizzard fails at testing basic things, its sure not your fault.

And on top of that we have that "is it legit?2 discussion BS again. ofc its legit.
    Who needs gameplay when you have ACHIEVEMENTS? Don't worry about beating levels, finding ways to kill enemies, or beating the final boss... there are none. Focus solely on your ultimate destiny... doing random tasks that have nothing to do with anything. Metagame yourself with ease! Self-satisfaction never felt so... artificial!

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar
    There was no "clever usage" going on there. Just rogues using their stock standard rotation that they use on every fight.

Keep in mind that Ensidia came out with their Hodir stunt. Say what you want about whether Blizzard should have banned them or not, the point is that their post was "Hodir Hardmode Plus Flower Power," (or something to that effect).

I'm also 99% sure they aren't the only top tier guild who used Saronite bombs, which means that, as far as relativity is concerned, this is still a World First.

Of course, none of this really matters because the real race is yet to come. Perhaps it would be wise of Blizzard to lock hardmodes for a week, but to be honest, that won't have much of an effect on the HM race either way. It might effect the HM Marrowgar World First (lawl) and perhaps a couple other early ones, but it won't effect Arthas HM too much, as you do have to knock out the other "keepers" of ICC first.

Deleted

Just tell me this.. How in the world should we have known it was the saronite bombs, of all things. bugging the encounter? 2 tries before our kill it didn't even happen. Should we have just stopped raiding to sit down and try and analyze what happened?

This particular situation is utterly stupid. They're basically saying what we did is exactly the same as what Exodus did. Yet, we had no clue what bugged it or why. We figured it was just another bugged encounter, just like we've seen so many before.

When you're going for a World First, you dont stop raiding to try and figure out behaviour that doesnt even occur on every try. Nice to see so many experts in here tho, I bet you all have extensive experience with both the World First hunting and the Lich King encounter as well, right?

Deleted

Well the bug itself aint ensidias fault ofc.

But they did not down him on first try right? And i doubt they are that stupid that they would not notice it on first tries. If they knew what was happening and didnt stop it, then that would be a pure exploit.

And saying it would make a huge impact to dps by not using these on this fight 's just stupid (compared to how much easier it gets with bombs).

Still, i bet there were others who knew about this, AND couldnt get it down still, so gz for the kill.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLove
    Still, i bet there were others who knew about this, AND couldnt get it down still, so gz for the kill.
    Yes Ensidia did remark that the fight appeared to requrie huge DPS.