Hey guys. So im going to get my own computer (and make it myself). Im taking some computer courses now so im not computer illiterate or anything (not that i was before), just new to building computers and optimizing.
So I dont really have a budget (That doesnt mean i can spend whatever), however i would like to keep it under $2000 starting and i would really like a $1000-$1500 build. Ive already looked for parts and have mostly everything, but the price is currently at 1800-1900 and i wouldnt mind if it dropped some. So if you guys could help me lower the cost that would be great.
Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Processor/CPU: Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
RAM: G.SKILL 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5S-2GBPQ
Cooling (More on this below): Water Cooling system
GPU: EVGA 01G-P3-1180-AR GeForce GTX 285 1GB 512-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
Optical Drive: Pioneer Black 12X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 5X DVD-RAM 8X BD-ROM 4MB Cache SATA Internal Blu-ray Burner Blu-ray Disc/DVD/CD Writer Model BDR-205BKS
HDD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3EG HD203WI 2TB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
Ok. a few notes. Open for suggestions:
1) I'm going to get a couple sticks of ram. maybe two now and two more later.
2) For the optical drive, i can buy a cheaper (way cheaper) dvd drive now. and pay for this or something similar later.
3) For my HDD, im getting 2tb because ive been ready to smash in my parents computer lately cause its constantly running out of space. I plan on getting a SSD later (Probably the first thing ill upgrade), any suggestions on good SSD's?
4) For the GPU, im going with nvidia because im going to get the 3d vision kit. otherwise i would go for radeon.
5) Im not sure what to get for a case, i want to be able to fit my radiator into my case. I would like a really cool looking on (If it has lights, preferably red, cause im horde, but thats beside the point). I also found this website that lets you design your own case and they'll make it for you.
6) Ok, now onto the water cooling. I followed two websites that explained things about water cooling, basics, what you need, that stuff. Im still not totally confident that i picked the best stuff, so i thought i would run this by you guys two, while im here.
The websites are:
Heres what i picked out.
5.25 inch bay:
Danger Den Single 5 1/4" Bay Reservoir
OR (Couldnt decide, depends on computer tower i guess, although i was leaning towards dangerdens)
3.5 inch bay:
Bitspower 3.5in. Bay Res - White Acetal (POM) - BP-WT350P-WH
Swiftech MCP655 12v DC Pump - with Speed Controller
Swiftech Apogee XT CPU Waterblock
Swiftech MCW60-R Revision 2 Retail VGA Waterblock
Swiftech GTX285 heatsink compliment to the MCW60
MPC-Universal Chipset Block
Swiftech MCR320-Res Quiet Power 3X120mm
PrimoFlex Pro LRT UV Red Tubing -1/2in. ID X 3/4in. OD
2.25 per foot
DD-Delrin 90 Degree
7.99 (+5 for fittings)
Stainless Steel Worm-Drive Hose Clamp
I thought that it was kinda expensive, what do you guys think? Also, the guide said have two seperate radiators, one for i7 and the other one for the other 2 waterblocks. but it said they run off the same pump, can someone explain this?
Thanks for the help and input. sorry for the giant wall of text.