Banned from Elitistjerks.com

What was my terrible crime? I made this post -

"First of all, thank you very much for all your hard work in making this guide!

Is there any chance you could make a BiS list for 10man only?

I've had my own attempts at making lists, and I'm fairly happy with them but I'd love to see your take on the 10man only BiS set.

My guild are working through ICC at the moment, everything dead except Blood Queen and then we will be moving on to hard modes like we did in Ulduar.

In a perfect world I'd love to see 2 lists, one for 10man normal and one for 10man hard, but I realise that I'm asking a lot there and everyone is busy IRL with work and kids etc.

Hopefully you can find time"

They did give me a reason as to why they banned me -

"BiS lists have and always will have the BEST gear available for any given slot. We aren't making the "BiS but only 10 man" list."

HOWEVER the person who made the guide and continues to update it said -

"Edit: To that one post I accidently skipped over; I could add a "normal 10m only set" or "normal + hard 10m only set", of course. It would be very easy to calculate and wouldn't be a hassle at all"

The bit in bold was aimed at my original post.

So the guy who goes through all the effort to make the guide, crunch the numbers, come up with BiS lists and continue to update the guide almost every day says that it would be very easy to do and wouldn't be a hassle at all... and yet I get banned for asking for said list.... and some moderator says they "aren't making the list".

But wait... There's more!

In this thread they have the various sets of BiS gear, Set 1 to Set 5, any guesses as to what set 5 is?

You got it! its the BiS 10man only gear set! (which they haven't updated yet).

I can't help but feel that this moderator is VASTLY out of touch with his own contributors, the very people that contribute the very most to the website.

So what do you think?

Re: Banned from Elitistjerks.com

I think if you have complaints you should take them over there. Go 1 over his moderating head.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

it's EJ.com, they're all a bunch of pissed of math nerds who get off on numbers but also wish they had time to play WoW instead of just crunch numbers related to WoW.

[USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bojangles
    I think if you have complaints you should take them over there. Go 1 over his moderating head.
    How I'd love to go over his head but I have no posting rights there now, I can't message anyone.

Elitist Jerks.

If you can't deal with it... deal with it.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2
    Elitist Jerks.

If you can't deal with it... deal with it.
    That I can accept and deal with, my point is that their own contributors are making 10man only lists and saying they they are "very easy to make" and "not a hassle at all", but the moderator is saying they don't make them.
    That's what I can't deal with...

Deleted

EJ is a very tightly moderated forum. They have posting rules like any other forum.

Two of them:

# Do not post unless you have something new and worthwhile to say. Do not bump, quote for truth, cross-post, or post only to say thanks. We don't want to hear your funny story about something that happened in your raid last night, your baseless speculation is unproductive, and your idea for a new ability really isn't that interesting. If you have an idea you'd like to share with the community, support it with analysis, testing, or both that indicates you've put some thought into it.
    # Do not beg for hand-holding. These are forums for discussion and analysis, not for answering any question that you might happen to dream up. Search and read before posting--do not post a question unless you are fairly confident that the answer isn't widely known or easily attainable. In particular, we do not want to take a look at your armory or WWS to tell you what you're doing wrong and we're not interested in making your tough gear or spec decisions for you.

Just suck it up.

EJ is pretty much worthless besides DL'ing a spreadsheet or looking at BiS lists if you yourself don't want to do it.

On another note they have a lot of retards in that forum that like to theorycraft about stupid crap.

Ex: Warrior forums people trying out DW arms still after it being horrible at the start and still horrible now.

They just do that because you yourself don't have anything to give to the forums pretty much and you are asking for something without bringing anything.

Pretty shitty if you ask me on their part, but it is their forums and you should see their regular banhammer forums get like 10+ people a day banned.
    WEWENTWESS GWALLDATIROR CASUALTY

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Casualty

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Cowsualty

Quote Originally Posted by detached
    EJ is a very tightly moderated forum. They have posting rules like any other forum.

Two of them:

# Do not post unless you have something new and worthwhile to say. Do not bump, quote for truth, cross-post, or post only to say thanks. We don't want to hear your funny story about something that happened in your raid last night, your baseless speculation is unproductive, and your idea for a new ability really isn't that interesting. If you have an idea you'd like to share with the community, support it with analysis, testing, or both that indicates you've put some thought into it.
    # Do not beg for hand-holding. These are forums for discussion and analysis, not for answering any question that you might happen to dream up. Search and read before posting--do not post a question unless you are fairly confident that the answer isn't widely known or easily attainable. In particular, we do not want to take a look at your armory or WWS to tell you what you're doing wrong and we're not interested in making your tough gear or spec decisions for you.

Just suck it up.
    Beaten. A way you could have made your post NOT result in an infraction would have been to have actually posted YOUR gear lists that you did so that way you would be offering something for "analysis."

Also, how long was the ban for? Most bans are temporary unless you've racked up too many infraction points. Here is the link to the forum rules, it also contains information about how long your ban will last. I doubt you were permanently banned if that was your only infraction: http://elitistjerks.com/f15/a34-foru...dated_1_28_09/

EDIT: chaud's hit the nail on the head. You weren't banned for requesting the sheet, you were banned for whining about it being hard to raid given where you live and the server's you play on. This is expressly forbidden in the rules at EJ.

Couple of days I think, thats not what I'm bothered about though, its more that the people doing the hard work are saying they don't mind doing it and have been making 10man only lists since wotlk came out and all of a sudden a moderator turns around and says they don't make them.

Quote Originally Posted by Linmao
    Couple of days I think, thats not what I'm bothered about though, its more that the people doing the hard work are saying they don't mind doing it and have been making 10man only lists since wotlk came out and all of a sudden a moderator turns around and says they don't make them.
    Read what Chaud linked. You were NOT banned for requesting the sheet. At least not entirely. I agree that it's a little silly for him to say not to post it for analysis and harp on the meaning of BiS, but still. He was mainly getting on you because you claim to have already done something, and then are asking other people to do it for you.

EJ is about big boy theorycraft. It isn't the place to blog about your guild progress.

You were probably banned because:

1) You were asking EJ to just do something for you.
    2) Your post contained nothing of value to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Claym
    Beaten. A way you could have made your post NOT result in an infraction would have been to have actually posted YOUR gear lists that you did so that way you would be offering something for "analysis."
    He also probably should've just PM'd the original poster instead of making a new reply.

EDIT:

Also, don't worry so much about it. Sometimes things aren't terribly obvious and hopefully you've learned a bit about what's a no-no there. We're human... we make mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by aikouka
    He also probably should've just PM'd the original poster instead of making a new reply.
    Yeh this, I totally agree and to be honest I wouldn't mind my posts just being deleted an given the reason that "you were talking crap and adding nothing"

But when he said about "not doing 10man BiS lists" which I know isn't true that just annoyed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Claym
    Read what Chaud linked. You were NOT banned for requesting the sheet. At least not entirely. I agree that it's a little silly for him to say not to post it for analysis and harp on the meaning of BiS, but still. He was mainly getting on you because you claim to have already done something, and then are asking other people to do it for you.
    Because it's a horrible thing to get a second opinion from someone who you think is more qualified than you, right? Riiiiight.

15+ Year Old Account

They want to keep the forum clean. Just dont post there, and deal with it if you decided to do so.
    It's quite obvious to see when browsing their forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Linmao
    What was my terrible crime? I made this post -

Blah blah blah, hold my hand, blah blah blah

So what do you think?
    It was a worthless post. The models exist. The gear is all listed there.
    You basically couldnt be bothered to do what it took someone else 5 minutes to do, which was basically plug in gear into the spread sheet to find the optimal load out.
    You wanted someone to hold your hand and tell you what to do. That's not contributing anything useful. You also include a ton of useless crap in your post about your guild progress and history. Guess what, the people who post and theory craft there basically are the ones doing 25 man Arthas right now. No one cares that you will start "hard modes" soon.

EJ is a forum for elitests. These are the hardcore players who push end game content. Contribute useless crap and expect to be banned.

I didn't want my hand held, I already said that I had made my own gear lists from various sims like rawr and zeracks.

I was requesting a 2nd opinion, a fresh look because I had come up with so many different versions with say for example, agility based necks and rings, or strength based and the difference in the two was very small according to the sims.

I agree I posted a whole load of crap that I shouldn't have according to their rules.

When I posted this I had only just woke up, now that I'm awake I'm caring less and less.