Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: 4/5 t10 for DKs not so good?

Quote Originally Posted by tak_loyk
    Marrowgar bonestorm?
    Deathwhisper if you get mc'd?
    Gunship while w8ing for sorceress to spawn?
    Festergut if you get the ooze debuff and the kite tank is away?
    Professor if you get targeted by green bubble thingie?
    1. stop being a baddie and keep up with him, he doesn't hit that hard
    2. ok thats fine
    3. stop being a baddie and help with the adds that spawn out of the portal
    4. thats rotface but your point is valid
    5. hit putricide?

Our t10 is one of the better 4sets out there - it has no rng to it, most situations you can keep it up all the time and it should be up for the entirity of most fights right after your 1st rotation, in short its frickin amazing!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Praxis
    We get a 3% damage increase just for getting gear we were planning on purchasing anyway and people STILL complain. Why am I not surprised?
    Almost all classes plan on getting T10 anyway. Yes, our set bonuses are a bit weaker than average, I don't mind that much, what's annoying though is just how outright dull they are. Compared to healadin for example, which gives you an extra throughput cooldown, and mage, which changes your entire rotation. Both are more powerful but more importantly, they're both more interesting too.

Quote Originally Posted by tak_loyk
    Marrowgar bonestorm?
    Deathwhisper if you get mc'd?
    Gunship while w8ing for sorceress to spawn?
    Festergut if you get the ooze debuff and the kite tank is away?
    Professor if you get targeted by green bubble thingie?
    in none of those cases you will be needing the bonus since you won't be dpsing... It will be back up in 6 seconds after you rejoin the fight... this if you actually are those 10 way... :P

Quote Originally Posted by eag310
    Well 3 % more dmg on all spells is nice but isn't 3 % a bit to low?!
    No, I think it's about right. More would risk getting rediculous.

if your running around doing nothing like kiting or running away there are still ways to burn runes. IE DND and instead of running with your back to the mob strafe and snap look at mob with mouse to give you a sec to burn runes. I see a few people wondering why its so "weak" however the question you should be asking is how can i get the most out of it. im wondering if the start up rotation should be changed to burn runes quickly to get the buff up asap ie DND HS DS as opener to get buff up. (I'm Blood btw)

Well depending on the fight you can do the DND and then AotD.

As Unholy(and I can imagine it'll be the same for Blood) that's my preferred opener for most tank and spank fights.

Of course for fights that you can't use AotD for adds or w/e I would try to time my DnD so that by the time I can attack the boss the runes would be on 4~ seconds refresh timer and then open with IT/PS/BS(HS for you). If done right you should get your 3 percent pretty much 3 GCDs into the fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by pomop
    "I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

10+ Year Old Account

Well 3 % more dmg on all spells is nice but isn't 3 % a bit to low?! they puted 3 % just cuz the HS(so its dmg will be 10 % more)

they should put 5 % dmg when all our runes are on cd ...

What do u guys thnik?
    It has like a 90% or so uptime so every move is doing 3% more damage and if your unholy like me that plus desolation is amazing. It is good its actually one of the best 4 sets I have seen for many classes actual gear.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

Quote Originally Posted by keke
    Paladins getting a new DS CD - even a 40% chance to reset it, is quite amazing. I'd prefer something like that. "You have a chance to grant you x runes" or "You have a chance to get a free SS granted."
    that is their 2 set bonus you have to compare apples to apples - their 4 set bonus is their judgments and seals deal 10% more damage. So they get buffs to two of their attacks, granted seals is a big part of their damage, while we get buffs to all of our damage. I think we win

edit: Atleast we didnt get the roulette wheel of a 2 set bonus that warriors got

Quote Originally Posted by Azranas
    it should make our scourgestrike shadow damage capable of critting qq

I know that a constant 3% damage increase is nice but other classes got a better 4 set bonus... they should put 2 % more dmg increase
    Look at it like this.
    Let's say you were doing a fight and nr1 on the meter was a mage, doing 10% of the damage.
    You would be 6th having dealt 7% of the damage.

Add up the set bonus... tadaa!

That how much of a difference 3% can be. It might look small, but its huge since it's up basically all the time.
    Look at some damage meters, usually there's about 5 or more players between a 3% difference.

Lets borrow a recent dmg meter screenshot:

Ok it's shit they didn't merge the pets with those DK's but whatever.

Take those Dk's, they both did 5.8%. Add up 3% would bring them up to 8.8% and look at where that would bring them!
    Another example... take that hunter being down there all by himself... add up 3% to his damage and look where he would end

Yes I know those DK's already have the set bonus and blablabla, but it just to show you how much of a difference 3% on all damage can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Exclusive
    Look at it like this.
    Let's say you were doing a fight and nr1 on the meter was a mage, doing 10% of the damage.

That how much of a difference 3% can be. It might look small, but its huge since it's up basically all the time.
    Look at some damage meters, usually there's about 5 or more players between a 3% difference.

Take those Dk's, they both did 5.8%. Add up 3% would bring them up to 8.8% and look at where that would bring them!
    Another example... take that hunter being down there all by himself... add up 3% to his damage and look where he would end

Yes I know those DK's already have the set bonus and blablabla, but it just to show you how much of a difference 3% on all damage can be.
    This may sound incredibly rude, but... are you really that stupid?

3% damage increase means that they'd change from 5.8% to 5.8*1.03=5.974%
    You shouldn't look at the percent values of damage done, but rather take a look at the dps. Instead of roughly 9k dps, those DKs would then do about 9270.

That's still pretty decent, though. [Take a look at Rogues, 4pc is about 120 dps. -.-]

Druid: Prayer of Mending Rejuvenation...
    Don't talk about things you don't know there is only a 2% proc chance, trust me dk's aren't the only ones who got shafted
    Resto Druids, the best health care system

Look at it like this.

I feel like i was just attacked by tickle me elmo, you sir are extremely smart.

P.S If you dont have 4p by now your not trying hard enough.

Deleted

Look at it like this. Let's say you were doing a fight and nr1 on the meter was a mage, doing 10% of the damage.

I think my head just exploded.

3% damage increase means that they'd change from 5.8% to 5.8*1.03=5.974%
    Your raid's damage will now be 100.174%? You're therefore doing 5.974 of 100.174, which is 5.96% of your raid's damage, or a 2.76% increase

Ceteris paribus, the only situation where a 3% increase in your damage would result in a 3% increase in percentile contribution to raid dps would be if you were the only person in that raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Saram
    I think my head just exploded.
    Your raid's damage will now be 100.174%? You're therefore doing 5.974 of 100.174, which is 5.96% of your raid's damage, or a 2.76% increase

Ceteris paribus, the only situation where a 3% increase in your damage would result in a 3% increase in percentile contribution to raid dps would be if you were the only person in that raid.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by Xavias08
    5.8% of the damage
    they now do 3% more of their damage.

5.8 * 0.03 = .174

They would now be doing 5.974% of the damage, kthx

also... lrn2math?
    Do you also speak ebonics? Cause you sir are also extremely smart.

funny thread

3% damage is a huge buff for progression content, and just a bonus on everything else.

All the maths given are wrong, lol
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonill
    Do you also speak ebonics? Cause you sir are also extremely smart.
    It's a rough estimate so you can calculate the approximate value of what you would have done with the 4p bonus.

And I haven't seen you post any math to support yourself so... Why don't you just cry in the corner of your parents basement (as usual) and leave the grown ups alone to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    It has like a 90% or so uptime so every move is doing 3% more damage and if your unholy like me that plus desolation is amazing. It is good its actually one of the best 4 sets I have seen for many classes actual gear.
    "Arguing is like the Special Olympics, no matter who wins your all still retarded"

Hey, when you have something in your signature trying to knock on someone's intellect... can you at least spell right? And I think you mean arguing online? My are still retarded... what?

Quote Originally Posted by Xavias08
    It's a rough estimate so you can calculate the approximate value of what you would have done with the 4p bonus.

And I haven't seen you post any math to support yourself so... Why don't you just cry in the corner of your parents basement (as usual) and leave the grown ups alone to talk.
    Alrighty since I guess someone needs to hold your hand lets use the above parse as an example and assume they didnt have t104p, also lets do this for say Rammydk

So rammydk gets his t104p and is looking at his parse from the last LK kill looking at his total damage done of, 5,752,275 we will multiple 9/10ths of this amount by 1.03 and add it to 1/10th the amount (3% damage increase at a 90% uptime (remember this is still an approximation)) So we have 5,752,275(.1 + .9(1.03)) = 575,228 + 5,332,359 = 5,907,586 Approximate damage if the fight takes exactly the same amount of time and providing he reaches the uptime of 90% on Advantage.

So if you want his damage % we just divide 5,907,586 by the total damage 99,579,076 equaling 5.933% of the total damage.