Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: 4/5 t10 for DKs not so good?

Quote Originally Posted by tak_loyk
    I rly dont get the EJmania out there.
    Numbers are gr8. OK.
    Thing is that theorycrafting has one major disadvantage. It's THEORY.

Gravity is just a theory too, but I don't see it being disproved anytime soon. Some of you kids need to learn what the word 'theory' means, and no it's not just a 'fancy notion' or 'half baked idea'.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonill
    Alrighty since I guess someone needs to hold your hand lets use the above parse as an example and assume they didnt have t104p, also lets do this for say Rammydk

So rammydk gets his t104p and is looking at his parse from the last LK kill looking at his total damage done of, 5,752,275 we will multiple 9/10ths of this amount by 1.03 and add it to 1/10th the amount (3% damage increase at a 90% uptime (remember this is still an approximation)) So we have 5,752,275(.1 + .9(1.03)) = 575,228 + 5,332,359 = 5,907,586 Approximate damage if the fight takes exactly the same amount of time and providing he reaches the uptime of 90% on Advantage.

So if you want his damage % we just divide 5,907,586 by the total damage 99,579,076 equaling 5.933% of the total damage.
    Now was it really that hard to actually be helpful?

I mean, I'd appreciate things like that over "LOL UR STUPID!"

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavias08
    Now was it really that hard to actually be helpful?

I mean, I'd appreciate things like that over "LOL UR STUPID!"

Thanks.
    It is when your in class like I am. However the math I posted still has flaws to do it correctly you would have to factor in time. Here is the math I dont feel like doing.

At least how I would do it.

Total Damage / Total DPS = Time

Dk Damage / Time = Overall encounter dps (If you look rammydks dps is higher than the dk above thus we need to solve for full encounter dps)

Overall Encounter Dps (.1 + .9(1.03)) = 4pt10 Encounter DPS

Total Dps - Overall Encounter Dps + 4pt10 Encounter dps = Adjusted Raid Dps

Total Damage (Assuming same number of adds in encounter with adjusted dps) / Adjusted raid DPS = Adjusted Time

Adjusted Time (4pT10 encounter DPS) = Adjusted DK Damage

Finally Adjusted Dk Damage / Overall Damage = Damage %

If you are asking if the 4PC is bland, then yes....asking if its underpowered, then nope.

What slots are you guys going to use for your 4pc? Get the crafted legs and fill in the rest? Or buy the badge chest(titanium razorplate II) and fill in the rest?

Basically, are you going to get the t10 legs?(for unholy)

If I were unholy I would consider using the legs as atm I'm actually having some expertise problems however since I'm blood and lazy and cheap I will probably hold out at least for a few weeks aiming for http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/51786/l...theric-strife/ However seeing how hard sindragosa is on 10 man already I have a feeling it might be a while before we get her on hard mode.

get the pants of sindrigosa(sp?) in 10 man and buy the badge cloak if you are having expertise problems. Thats what I did. Expertise is ranked below str and arm pen for unholy due to a lot of free gcds. If you aren't capped its not the end of the world

eh but 14 isnt so fun either. I got the cloak last night moving my expertise to 19 and im aiming for rotface rupture ring that should put me at ~23-24 also if i were to get blood queen neck I could replace belt with fleshy gurney straps or coldwrath links. The setup I just talked about should put my static arpen at nearly 60-65% ArPen without gemming.

The 4PT10 is incredibly boring yes, but its still very good. 3% might not seem like a lot but in high end content when even a single percent is the difference between wiping and a kill, it adds up and fast.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore