Feral Kitty needs help finding hit between t9/t10

Okay guys, first here is my armory. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...has&cn=Xenofei

Let me explain what I want to do, I have tried to use Rawr to figure this out but I can't find a solution.

I want to go full armor pen, my main spec is tanking, I have access to ICC10/Togc10 gear, and some early ICC25.

I want to dump the Vengeance of the Forsaken for Needle-Encrusted Scorpion.
    I want to dump the Shaft of Glaical Ice for Lightborn Spire.
    I want to dump the Shawl of Nerubian Silk for Shadowvault Slayer's Cloak.

I have all three of the above items in my bank, when they are equipped, I would also regem for ArPen so I could reach the 1400 cap.

Here is the issue, when all is said and done the following happens:

I fall to 178 hit rating, and 84 expertise which are very below the cap. Swapping out item pieces to counteract this will in turn keep me from breaking the armor pen cap.

So my question is at my level of gear, is going armor pen maybe not worth it this late in the game?

Re: Feral Kitty needs help finding hit between t9/t10

I kinda came here for exact the same reason. I have the Frost Emblems to buy the T10 but only the shoulders (and maybe the hands but I will do at least 1 more VOA run for them) look OK for me now because buying any other item would lose me too much hit rating. http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...sorrow&cn=Dhru

I really have troubles figuring out what to do.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49919

Actually pretty decent, falls just below the other 2h'ders from non-lich king loots but if you need hit you need hit.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47445

I don't see myself replacing those anytime soon. :<
    Signatures are overrated.

NES wont help you hard cap

use the rep ring

Personally, I go for the softcap.
    As t10 is so filled with arp, I'm gemming it with agi for a heavy amount of crit.
    Get the t10 legs for the expertise and the festergut neck for more hit and keep your current weapon until you can get the polearm from blood-princes.
    - Trim

You don't have the required gear to hit 1400 ArPen and you need upgrades in every slot but 2 to reach it (chest and helm).

Go on Wowhead and search for leather items with hit that are ilvl 251+. Make yourself a gear plan and head for it. Scanning through Atlasloot in game won't let you balance your stats unless you're a savant.

Another idea: Rawr

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    You don't have the required gear to hit 1400 ArPen and you need upgrades in every slot but 2 to reach it (chest and helm).
    this, just replace 7 of your agi gems with arp gems and you should hit soft cap with NES.. if not having exp cap bugs you alot, gem some of that too

to drudu: if you don't see yourself as an unlucky person, hit isn't *that* important.. technically gemming for hit is a dps loss (inb4 sim's aren't actual playing) but if you feel like you need to stay at the hit cap, gem it. right now my druid's gear is a clusterfuck because i don't have a DBW, but im past crit cap, just over arp soft cap.. so i gemmed some strength, haste, hit and agility >.<

and lastly Sansai: heavy amounts of crit is nice, but to much is a *waste* make sure you're not to far over crit cap or you could be taking advantage of other stats

Quote Originally Posted by littlepiggy
    to drudu: if you don't see yourself as an unlucky person, hit isn't *that* important.. technically gemming for hit is a dps loss (inb4 sim's aren't actual playing) but if you feel like you need to stay at the hit cap, gem it. right now my druid's gear is a clusterfuck because i don't have a DBW, but im past crit cap, just over arp soft cap.. so i gemmed some strength, haste, hit and agility >.<
    I am a tank. How can hit then not be important? I rather suck at survivability as tank than at threat. For example if I have to take over at Saurfang but I miss my first hit, I kinda suck as tank. So hit stays my main first priority over ANYTHING as tank right?