Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Aff. legs question.

Haste and SP are fairly close in terms of DPS gain per point iirc, so the Haste on the Woven Death legs would > the SP from Spirit on the other ones.

Also, your gemming is kinda off. In most cases where the Socket Bonus is SP and you need a Yellow gem to earn it, SP/Haste is better. If a Blue socket bonus is > 7 sp, a SP/Spirit gem will be better than a red one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    I'd ride for the sole fact that its a huge cock. It'd be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahouf!
    Haste and SP are fairly close in terms of DPS gain per point iirc, so the Haste on the Woven Death legs would > the SP from Spirit on the other ones.

Also, your gemming is kinda off. In most cases where the Socket Bonus is SP and you need a Yellow gem to earn it, SP/Haste is better. If a Blue socket bonus is > 7 sp, a SP/Spirit gem will be better than a red one.

I was looking at the guys that killed arthas, the locks from both EU and US, they seem to have gemmed for every bonus. Im on a crap wireless at the moment and the armory isnt loading so i cant double check though. If it is indeed the case do you guys think gemming for all the bonuses would be the right way to go now?

Quote Originally Posted by Slaanesh

I was looking at the guys that killed arthas, the locks from both EU and US, they seem to have gemmed for every bonus. Im on a crap wireless at the moment and the armory isnt loading so i cant double check though. If it is indeed the case do you guys think gemming for all the bonuses would be the right way to go now?
    *sigh*
    No! you take the bonus and waight it to the gem colors. (blue/yellow gem for a +5 int bonus?)
    you know spreadsheets/simcraft is good for... well all the things you bene asking for, just whith the numbers to make it work...

and youre expecting to gear up in ICC and not replace a single hit item? or are you going whith a system of only replacing the pices you have hit on from the last tire`?

Ok well you dont seem to actually read my posts before you gibber like a gibbon. . .

As affliction i have a natural +3 hit from talents. So. . .with the gloves that would be about 5.4% add the little bit of hit from one thing or another and usually having 1 shadow priest, at the least, in a raid theres another 3%. So without doing anything i get 9% from things that are a given in any raid (give or take a tiny % here or there). So get the hell on the ball.

As for the gems, i believe i said 'cant see armory at the moment' and 'if what i saw was indeed the case', not as you seem to think "Armory says they all gem blue/yellow!" and "I tawt I taw a putty tat!"

Maybe i should be gemming stamina, reading what you post in this thread is certainly draining me of mine. :

Ok well you dont seem to actually read my posts before you gibber like a gibbon. . .

As affliction i have a natural +3 hit from talents. So. . .with the gloves that would be about 5.4% add the little bit of hit from one thing or another and usually having 1 shadow priest, at the least, in a raid theres another 3%. So without doing anything i get 9% from things that are a given in any raid (give or take a tiny % here or there). So get the hell on the ball.

As for the gems, i believe i said 'cant see armory at the moment' and 'if what i saw was indeed the case', not as you seem to think "Armory says they all gem blue/yellow!" and "I tawt I taw a putty tat!"

Maybe i should be gemming stamina, reading what you post in this thread is certainly draining me of mine. :
    point of it being you can drop some hit on other items... when making a "BiS" setup thise leggs are normaly what you use for t10 off pice. now i know that thrown in whith the gear you got on ATM its not going to be super. but youre not likely to brake youre 4p bonus anyway so im asuming you have other gear or atlest are up for lokking (maybe even planing abit ahead).

Quote Originally Posted by Xenophane
    The Spirit/Crit legs were intended for Disc Priests I think.
    Actually, the spirit/crit legs are even less desirable for a disc priest than for a lock when compared to the haste/crit legs. While locks get spirit->SP conversion, the only benefit disc priests get from spirit is mana regen, which even at ICC gearing was just about a complete non-issue. Many holy priests are opting for the haste/crit legs as well, for though the spirit for them does convert to SP, mana isn't a big issue for them and haste is extremely highly valued.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

15+ Year Old Account

Few things:

Spirit Crit legs were added because they always add Spirit and Non-Spirit non-tier gear to the game. Regardless of if anyone would use it (Shadow Priests near soft cap are the only ones I can think of).

The locks who killed the lich king have good socket bonuses. I'll bet that they don't have a +4 Crit to match.

I saw that and yea haste is good i get it. Maybe im just being dense but if 104 haste is (roughly) .05 on a shadow bolt cast, how would that be better then 32 more SP? I know corruption is also factored with haste but how much faster would it be with that amount of haste?
    You're looking at it far too narrowly.

DPS is a calculation of the number of spells you cast and the amount of damage each one does. The damage each spell does depends on three factors: buffs/debuffs/trinkets, talents, and Spell Power/Crit. The number of spells you cast depends on 3 factors - length of the fight, skill of the player, and Haste.

Talents, Spell Power, and buffs are static - that means that you will never get so much as to outgear someone else on these stats alone.
    Crit is RNG, but it is also 44 points per 1% rating. This means that 1% crit does not equal 1% damage.
    The length of the fight is dependant on your raid's dps and the hp of the boss. You can't control this.
    Player skill is extremely important, but unless you are very conscious of yourself you really can't change this too much in the short term.
    Haste is the only thing you can actively stack and increase easily. Also, its 32 points per 1% rating. 1% Haste does equal 1% damage.

Now, some spec's suffer at high haste rating due to clipping the GCD. This is not the case for Affliction - Lifetap, UA and Curses are the only things that have a 1.5s cast (or instant), and you cast these four times per 30 seconds. Corruption's duration, Shadow Bolt, Haunt, and Drain Soul do not have a cap that is reachable. So the comparison we have to make is what is the better dps scenario: Not clipping the GCD on your instants VS losing some time due to clipping but making your other spells hit more frequently. Much investigation has shown the second scenario to be true.

R.I.P. YARG

10+ Year Old Account

Woven death for sure, Nice stats on it, and the other pants would seem like a waste of hit unless somehow you are below hit rating.
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

Gherkin please correct me if wrong but my Data stands as the Leggings of Woven Death being 2nd BiS including Hardmodes.

Affliction Warlocks should be stacking as close to the Haste hard cap which if I am not mistaken to be somewhere around the 1675 Marker. (My Sim data puts this as the figure Shadowbolt = GCD henceforth anything over is killing me).

Any Warlock that is running an Afflitcion spec should as a rule I see be stacking haste on every Item that they get.

It doesn't take someone looking at a spreadsheet or running simcraft Data to tell you this but a simple look at an Optismer will tell you roughly when ungemmed and unenchanted which of the two is better for you.

My Optismer puts the Crit/Spr Crafted legs below that of the T9 legs if I am not much mistaken on the basis of Haste. (Although when I ran this data myself I was 0.01% under the Minimum Hit Cap for Affliction.)

15+ Year Old Account

If you tunnel vision and look exclusively at the pants then yes they are 2nd BIS including hard modes. However, when you take the hit itemization of all gear available to you, including hard modes, they drop further and further behind, including T10 277, making them (I believe) 5th BIS.

Affliction should be focused on Haste, yes, but with no goal in mind. 1675 is the cap, but no one will see this in this expansion.

On the Gear Optimizer - I had it recommend T8 for me as an upgrade over T10 once. I try to stay away from it.

R.I.P. YARG

I've had the same problems sometimes as well but it's knowing when to follow it like a lemming (and sadly people do) or knowing when it is wrong. Mine has a nice habit of throwing +hit Items at me on a regular basis which I tend to ignore as a rule.

As for the legs although the 277 Legs are in fact better from hit scaling I personally don't reckon that every Warlock will ever get the chance to see them. If the top 20 Warlocks on a server see them and have a chance at them then yes I would take them most likely over the crafted ones.

However if you have been sensible while collecting gear you may well have pieces stored up in your bank that may one day be useful. I hate watching items go to waste and be disenchanted so if it's only slightly under what I currently have or has a different stats at the same level as my current equiped then I will normally roll for OS as well. This gives me the chance at high gear levels to balance pieces out and move them around.

For example if I was to ever get the T10 Heroic Legs they would push me well over the hit cap that I need to be at, so I would swap one or two pieces around that have hit on them to see if I can counter the loss of stats from the Woven Legs.

This is what some people normally forget to think about and is something I have managed to do since Uld 10/25 on this character. I've spent the time recently going back to ToC 10/25 Heroic to pick up one or two items from there that are on my "Wish" list to swap to incase certain pieces drop.

15+ Year Old Account

For Cataclysm I'm going to start a movement for all the people who just want to play the game and be assured that what they are doing is correct. Too many people worry about addons or scale factors or arbitrary gear stats and the like.

If they want to know more than what is provided, then they will have to go ahead and learn their class.

R.I.P. YARG

I grinded for a week to get the mats for the legs of woven death and was rewarded with a very nice dps increase. It is really as simple as that, try em, see does your dps increase, if so they are better.

PS. Haste is much, much better for an affliction warlock than spirit, QED.

All the author of this post is doing is being arrogant n nasty to people that are trying to help him. In other words, u are asking, ''please tell me if 2+2 = 4 better or 3+1 = 4 better. But please, dont tell me in mathematical terms. '' U need to use simcraft to get numbers correctly. If u cant do it, ask som1 to do it for u and see how stats scale for you. Its not difficult to make sense of the stat scaling.

Spirit pants are worth going depending on how much ur spirit is. If you are using glyph of lifetap then u need to have around 400 spirit unbuffed for it to be effective. Though the 400 spirit theory was not conclusive on EJ forums, a lot of people seemed to have agreed to it. So if u have around 400 spirit unbuffed, there is absolutely no need to go for the spirit pants.

Haste, on the other hand affects a lot of spells and is a useful stat. Like Gherkin pointed out before. Rule of thimb is: SP> Haste> ..

So dont expect a definite answer. Spirit can be good for some, whilst haste can be good for others. U ''have'' to simcraft to be get precise answers.

Sp haste Hit Till Cap
    sp haste crit rest

for Destro and affli (Demo Next patch)

sp haste Hit till Cap
    sp haste spirit on avaible slots
    sp haste crit rest

for Demo Till patch

because Why?
    100 spirit are 55 sp (sdk,felarmor,Life tap glyphe) compares with Round about x=1.50 82.5
    100 crit with x=1.05 = 105
    Demo
    100 Spirit are 64.9 sp (sdk, Imp. Felarmor, Life tap glyphe) x=1.5 97.35

the only reason because you use Spirit haste atm is for more mana on tap.
    Thats gone with Next Patch.

For legs woben Death is also good like legs from festergurt.
    Depending on your other slots what hit items you use generell there are on most slots both kind of items avaible, leg, neckless, ranged, ring, cape, offhand, just go close to hit cap, item lvl wins. If you have maybe ilvl 277 spirit haste haste neck and ilvl 264 crit haste just calculate

Spirit * 1.1 * 0.5 (0.59 Demo) * 1.5 =
    crit * 1.05 =
    haste * 1.5 =
    sp * 1.5 =

higher One wins :-)

but leave that One arcane Mages and druids and Look out for 277 crit haste

My five cents