Page 1 of 7
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Ensidia just got banned

    Muqq just posted on his blog that the whole guild just got 72 hrs ban and all achievement/kill/items removed.

    He also noted that he ended his subscription to WoW due to this.

    http://ensidia.com/muqq/blog/4078/

    EDIT: for those who dint get to see the post because Ensidia website went down (this is a screenshot taken of the post)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lub-ber
    Page Screenshot Text Only Version:

    http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/350...bannedandi.png

    Sever down by now i guess.
    EDIT2 : Possible explanation of the situation

    Quote Originally Posted by Halazz
    People here have no idea how hard it is to create a bug free encounter in such a complicated coding of a game such as WoW.


    Every encounter will have some bug in it's programming somewhere.


    The bug with the Lich king is simple. The sides that fall are created as contructs, when dealt damage they revert back to their default animation, as in "up".

    Saronite bombs do damage to the sides because they do damage to constructs.

    What Ensida fail to say is that they needed to be throwing bombs at the sides for them to come up, not the lich king.
    PS:
    I hope that this tread is appropriate because I dint realize another tread is already made under general chat... i thought this is related to world 1st kills thats why i posted it here o.o


    Accession 8/8 US 5th, world 22nd (25man) recruiting for all classes for MoP!!

  2. #2

    Re: Ensidia just got banned

    Quote Originally Posted by antifreeze
    if it s true finally Cause i m tired of "smart game mechanics using" i mean some previous shit

    but anyway cant see anything written there
    lol bollocks, as if you wouldn't have done the exact same thing in their position.

  3. #3

    Re: Ensidia just got banned

    He just updated to

    http://ensidia.com/muqq/blog/4078/ not sure why

    Accession 8/8 US 5th, world 22nd (25man) recruiting for all classes for MoP!!

  4. #4

    Re: Ensidia just got banned

    This ban was bullshit.
    Just because blizz couldnt make a final encounter without bugs, they ban a whole raid. GG blizz..

    oh and also. In before "FAN BOY LOLOLOL".

    http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/8595/crypttro.png

  5. #5

    Re: Ensidia just got banned

    Quote Originally Posted by Momome
    lol bollocks, as if you wouldn't have done the exact same thing in their position.

    heh i just deleted post before u wrote that cause i ve thought the same thing ))

  6. #6

    Re: Ensidia just got banned

    http://ensidia.com/muqq/blog/4078/

    oh its there.

    and honestly I agree that the game is a flaming pile of shit now, also, blizz is in part at fault.

    but meh, they played the same shit with exodus, ensida earnt this one.

    but he's right... wow now = shit.

  7. #7

    Re: Ensidia just got banned

    I doubt we'll ever get a perm-ban, as the loss of PR from banning topguilds is going to hurt their subscription numbers...

    Some people take them self way to seriously and does he rly think anyone would give a shit?

  8. #8

    Re: Ensidia just got banned

    It is a pretty bullshit ban, but... well, that's just how it goes. So long, Ensidia. I wonder if the statue on their realm reverted back? That would be weird.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  9. #9

    Re: Ensidia just got banned

    TLR for everyone

    WAAAAAAH. I finally got banned for exploiting and I lost my title that means nothing in real life.

    WAAAAAAH
    ARMORY - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dragonmaw&cn=Darkfangs

  10. #10

    Re: Ensidia just got banned

    Well I guess blizz had to do something :-\
    No real damage done - issue resolved.

  11. #11

    Re: Ensidia just got banned

    Quote Originally Posted by antifreeze
    if it s true finally Cause i m tired of "smart game mechanics using" i mean some previous shit

    but anyway cant see anything written there
    Yeah it's true, and although I wouldn't put it past Ensidia to find and use every venue towards beating a boss first (even unethical) it is ultimately blizzards PTR testing failure that this happened. The 72 hour ban is a bit much as for most of the players in that guild I'm sure they play for little more than the thrill of world firsts. The way hardmodes need to be unlocked, having this reverted is effectively a week ban as it's going to push Ensidia behind the pack if other guilds are able to down him bug free (and I am sure they will). It's unfortunate that something as basic as a saronite bomb, something that should be standard play for any leather working min/maxer was overlooked on the PTR. This is pretty unacceptable, I am no Ensidia fanboy living in the US. However I love the thrill of chasing world firsts, and whoever can take them has earned my respect for that tier of content. I'm usually pretty steely eyed when it comes to people abusing bugs to overcome a fight, however I am kind of on the fence on this one. Removing saronite bombs from your rotation would have been a gimp to the dps, it's kind of a weird no mans land of exploitation in my eyes.


  12. #12

    Re: Ensidia just got banned

    Quote Originally Posted by Saikred
    TLR for everyone

    WAAAAAAH. I finally got banned for exploiting and I lost my title that means nothing in real life.

    WAAAAAAH
    No one plays this game for its relevance to real life, what you said was both pointless and retarded.

  13. #13

    Re: Ensidia just got banned

    Quote Originally Posted by Coca
    I doubt we'll ever get a perm-ban, as the loss of PR from banning topguilds is going to hurt their subscription numbers...

    Some people take them self way to seriously and does he rly think anyone would give a shit?
    Dont be so Sure, quite honestly, its a nice change to see that they arent patting insidia on the back for detecting bugs in encounters (bugs they use to beat it) then have cockblocks thrown at any other guild who does the same. Nice to see a "No Bullshit" stance on it.

    And i dont mean to hate on your insidia lot, you are clearly very good players, but it cant be one set of rules for you and another for the rest.

  14. #14
    High Overlord BlackWaltzEOSK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Missouri, US
    Posts
    124

    Re: Ensidia just got banned

    I do agree that that ban is bogus, Blizz messed up NOT the players its not like they knew that was gonna happen. Blizz Needs a better way to deal with this shit, i once got a 72 hour ban for doing nothing, took me the first to days to get a reply and in the end they said "it was a misunderstanding"

    With the way things are going for Blizz they probably will start losing people, Ensidia deserves the kill and the loot
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light. Hunters do it with the help of animal companions.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

  15. #15

    Re: Ensidia just got banned

    I'm on the fence on this one. On one hand, their kill was bugged, so part of me says they should have to do it again. On the other hand, this isn't like Exodus's Yogg+0. They didn't go out of their way to evade bug mobs, all they did was go about their normal rotation, and it just so happened that a min-maxing rogue's rotation fucked up the encounter. What're they supposed to do? "Sorry rogues, but you'll just have to purposely do less dps because your profession bonus breaks the game."

    The ban was definitely too much I think. What they should've done was stripped them of their items/achievement, but also refunded them their bugged attempts so they could do it the normal way instead of banning them.

    EDIT: However, that blog post by Muqq comes off to me as nothing more than very long, very whiny and immature QQ.

  16. #16

    Re: Ensidia just got banned

    On one end, Blizz should've tested grenades in there (Guess that shows how much they care about engineering, really : ), but on the other hand, if over 10 attempts you see the platform you're fighting on reconstruct itself, doesn't that seem odd to the razor-sharp senses of the world's top raiders? :-\

    Saying "We should get away with it because we exploited a bug Blizz didn't catch" doesn't wash, they killed Arthas in a way that trivialized several aspects of the fight, Exodus got a ban for that, so why shouldn't Ensidia? ???

  17. #17
    The Lightbringer Dewote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,298

    Re: Ensidia just got banned

    Click!
    There's the reason.

    For lazy persons:
    "We just made a hotfix that disables the siege damage dealt by Saronite Bombs and the Global Thermal Sapper Charge.
    The siege damage of the bombs was causing the Frozen Throne platform to rebuild,
    which greatly decreases the difficulty of the encounter.

    We'll reenable the siege damage in a later update when the issue with the Frozen Throne is fixed."
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

  18. #18

    Re: Ensidia just got banned

    I was loving his reply until he started swearing and using profanity, I can understand that he's obviously not very happy (understatement) but your argument goes downhill when u lose it like he did, it was an extremely constructive post until the profanity!

    Oh well!!

    /Tha
    /Cheesecáke - Level 90 Mistweaver
    - Nagrand EU -
    www.OMFGKittens.com - Officer

    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Did you hurt yourself falling off the bad comparison bus?

  19. #19

    Re: Ensidia just got banned

    If they didn't know about the bug, then I am greatly disappointed in Blizzard. However, something tells me that they realized there was something odd going on...
    Thing is though, when you are fighting the greatest foe of Warcraft, the antangonist of Warcraft 3/World of Warcraft, I am 1000% sure that NO ONE is going to cancel their raid and send a ticket to a GM and wait for them to respond.

    They were thinking the same thing as everyone would be thinking: "Mhh, chances are that we might get banned for this exploit, but we'd rather take the risk of claiming the world first, because it isn't even certain that we will get banned for this. What if we would cancel the raid and another guild claims the world first and doesn't get banned for it?"

    I am sure they care more about the Heroic mode, but the normal mode is still an achievement on its own. Many people will probably be laughing at Ensidia, but to be honest I think everyone would have done the same.

    That American fail guild got banned as well, so I think it's only fair Ensidia got banned as well. I do agree though that Blizzard should've fixed this bug before launching the last section of Icecrown Citadel. While this may seem as an obvious bug, I can imagine that it is not always clear for everyone.



  20. #20

    Re: Ensidia just got banned

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizen
    I'm on the fence on this one. On one hand, their kill was bugged, so part of me says they should have to do it again. On the other hand, this isn't like Exodus's Yogg+0. They didn't go out of their way to evade bug mobs, all they did was go about their normal rotation, and it just so happened that a min-axing rogues rotation fucked up the encounter. What're they supposed to do? "Sorry rogues, but you'll just have to purposely do less dps because you're profession bonus breaks the game."

    The ban was definitely too much I think. What they should've done was stripped them of their items/achievement, but also refunded them their bugged attempts so they could do it the normal way instead of banning them.

    EDIT: However, that blog post by Muqq comes off to me as nothing more than very long, very whiny and immature QQ.
    I entirely agree with everything said here. This is in no way like Exodus's blatent and horrendous Yogg+0 event. The ban is way heavy handed.

    I also entirely agree with Muqq sounding like nothing more than a whiny dumbass. The game improves every time a player with that sort of attitude leaves.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •