Affli vs Toravon

Any idea how to be useful as affli on that fight?
    Melee are on boss and casters on orbs ofc.

Deleted

Re: Affli vs Toravon

I was just sticking on boss and chucking a corruption and maybe a UA on any orb that came into range. I'm not sure if it's me, but I found this a much easier encounter than the first time I took down Koralon.

I'm going to tell myself its because I'm now awesome.

Cor, maybe a UA, and if you have your SB's fast enough spam those if not then searing pain would probably do the trick. Keeping in mind you might aggro it and you will want to teleport/kite.

I just dropped a Corr and if the dps wasn't killing it too quick, also a UA. Then I just spammed the boss some more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleuh
    Since the invention of the internet, the Earth`s rotation has been solely propelled by english teachers turning in their graves.
    Quote Originally Posted by zuraghogar
    If only shamans had an interrupt on a short cooldown.

I just Corr and CoA and have a macro for nightfall procs to a frozen orb.
    Geeky shirts/WoW Shirts/Message me to create your guild shirt
    http://stowellcreative.spreadshirt.com

Just as said before. When the orb comes up I put full dots on the orb, refresh haunt on the boss. Then nuke the orb with SB watching the dots on the boss while I am casting. Pretty easy encounter acctually. I was acctually on top of dmg my first run XD
    [CENTER][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp]

"ok one down...get that druid....wait...the druid is dead??"

15+ Year Old Account

Don't use COA - its backloaded, and if the Frozen Orb thingy lasts all 24 seconds you're going to wipe.

Use UA first - it's 15s duration, but is worth casting if it only ticks 3 times (which it should)
    Then use Corruption - shorter duration thanks to Quick Decay, and also as above

Refresh Haunt on the boss if you need to, and shadow bolt the target.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Don't use COA - its backloaded, and if the Frozen Orb thingy lasts all 24 seconds you're going to wipe.

Use UA first - it's 15s duration, but is worth casting if it only ticks 3 times (which it should)
    Then use Corruption - shorter duration thanks to Quick Decay, and also as above

Refresh Haunt on the boss if you need to, and shadow bolt the target.
    also - pray you have a real multi-target dps in the raid
    www.myspace.com/curseofdoom

...Warlock Hip-Hop To Melt Wax and Face...

UA and Corruption to abuse the uptime on your 4pc10 and more Eradication/Nightfall procs.

Yep, UA and Corruption. Don't over think it. It's insanely easy.

15+ Year Old Account

Most boring boss ever, fits perfectly into VoA. Hurray for casuals and PvP ppl that cant be thrown anything more complex than a boss and an iceorb *rant*
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account

Full Set of dots on the boss, Orbs come out, toss a few dots on those, back to boss /roll on Lock gear.
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

Being the only aff lock, I treat this the same as Saurfang. I'm fulltime on the boss and then tab -> corruption on the adds when they spawn. Seeing as I'm only running with my guild though I can be sure that the rest of the range are going to burn them down.

We don't as a rule run it as a guild due to it not really being worth it unless its just for more badges (YAY!), so on the few times I've done it on 25 I've always gone with a mate and guildie who is a Demo lock that just wants to abuse the Orbs.

Henceforth I stayed on the boss full time.

End result - we were 2 of the top 3 DPS for that fight from a Trade Pug with a tank that didn't know how to taunt.